The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:07 am
bigstrads wrote:The big one is this weekend.............Chelsea vs Liverpool.

My United's last hope of Chelsea dropping points for us to win the title.............the only thing is that we HATE Liverpool, and they us, so there is discussion that they will through the game just to NOT give us the title...............f*cking dodgy scum bag scousers!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dude, the problem with 'Pool is not that they hate ManU. It's that they SUCK. Without Torres, who's gonna score for them?. I saw the game at Madrid last week and they didn't even manage to get a shot on goal in the whole game. Not a single shot!!!

I prefer ManU to win it... but having to rely on Liverpool, I doubt it happens.

btw, tonight's the night, tonight's THE GAME!!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 am
PAWNO wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
PAWNO wrote:How about that 7-Nil thrashing Chelsea served up!!!

Whoever they played, should be relegated!!!

You love that word now huh? :mrgreen:

That was Stoke, and they are not going to be relegated............they are just one of those teams that plays very well at home and then polar opposite away.

The big one is this weekend.............Chelsea vs Liverpool.

My United's last hope of Chelsea dropping points for us to win the title.............the only thing is that we HATE Liverpool, and they us, so there is discussion that they will through the game just to NOT give us the title...............f*cking dodgy scum bag scousers!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah i do love the word RELAGATED bro.. Just like when i finally get a girlfriend i'll be relegated to the doghouse :agrue: :bday:

ah well i guess a 7-Nil HOME WIN for Chelsea, helps the U chances more then say a 7-Nil AWAY Win for Chelsea (or do they only use that away goal rule in sudden death serious?)

Anyways i'm sure Liverpool hates Chelsea, just as much!!!
(i remember a UEFA Champions League game when those 2 met back in 2005!!! So they'd have to be that history rivalry already there)

I for one would hope my warriors if they were playing the Suns, wouldn't lose on purpose to help the Lakers solidifying homecourt advantage through the playoffs... But yeah, It's a shame about winning the league & not going onto have a playoff system.. (I know you have a bunch of CUPS to win, But you don't really have a round robin sudden death championship system? or is that only exclusive to the Champions League?)

LOL, yeah.............another key word in the English Football dictionary is "Promoted"............which I think will apply more when you finally get yourself some poontang. :wink:

The 7 nil score is the same either way, doesnt matter if its at home or away in a league setting...........the key to it, and reason its sh*tty they won by that much is because of a thing called "Goal Difference" that comes into play.

So, basics = 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss (obviously).............but within that, your goals scored total versus goals conceded, ie: the difference between the two numbers, is your "Goal Difference".............which is used in the event of a tie in points total.

So Chelski winning by that much, it eliminates United being able to get anywhere near there goal difference and hence cannot win the title in the event of a tie in points..............yes, thats right, you can win a title, or be relegated to a lower division when you are tied on points with another team but have a inferior goal difference, pretty insane when that happens.

Youre spot on about Liverpool hating Chelski though.............they have had a big rivalry recently, mainly from the Champions League, so that is the only hope of them not wanting to throw the game.............outside of us and their city rivals Everton, Chelski are their most hated team.

Yeah, the knock out round stuff is only for the cups (and another circumstance Ill go into in a minute)...............but the league is the league, its the championship, the title..........if it was in American it would be called "The World Title". :wink:

So it is the pinnacle of what you can achieve on a domestic level............the home cups come after that, FA Cup then League Cup............but of course, for the big teams, the ones who continually win the domestic stuff, the Champions League is the one to get and pinnacle of all.

The other knockout style thing is in the lower divisions.............youll like this.

So in the Premiership there are 3 relegation spots............3 teams go down to the Championship every year and 3 come up obviously.

Of the 3 spots in the Championship that earn you Promotion to the Prem. League, 2 are automatic (1st and 2nd obviously) and then the remaining one is fought out between the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams in a knockout system called..............THE PLAYOFFS!

Its lost of fun to watch as of course, in the final it literally is one game/chance that will get 30 million given to you and the chance to play against the best.

However, I like that the title isnt decided via a playoff system............simply because the team that wins the title, you know is the team that deserved it by being the best all the way through the season, being consistent and picking points when the needed it............rather than maybe just rounding into form at the right time and taking the title from/knocking out a team who was the best all year.

TMC wrote:Dude, the problem with 'Pool is not that they hate ManU. It's that they SUCK. Without Torres, who's gonna score for them?. I saw the game at Madrid last week and they didn't even manage to get a shot on goal in the whole game. Not a single shot!!!

I prefer ManU to win it... but having to rely on Liverpool, I doubt it happens.

btw, tonight's the night, tonight's THE GAME!!!!!

Yeah, theres that about Liverpool aswell..............but hey, its a game, and its not against a sh*tty team like Stoke............its all the hope I got. :wink:

Weve got Sunderland away this weekend, so that wont be easy...........knowing United we will probably fluff that and it wont even matter, especially without Rooney...........so we shall see.

Ohh man tonight!!!..............f*ck, its going to be an amazing game!!! given that Barca HAVE to go for it and get that 2 goal cushion.

Gonna be great hopefully, I shall be watching................COME INTER!!! MAKE ME THE PREDICTAKING!!!! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, any of our American bros heres searching for the virtues of "soccer"..............should watch tonights game. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm
Bada's right. F*ck soccer. Most unfair sport in history.

Oh, of course, f*ck the refs and f*ck that piece of sh*t Mourinho is.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm
TMC wrote:Bada's right. F*ck soccer. Most unfair sport in history.

I have not read this thread so have no idea what you guys are talking about but I definately agree with TMC's post! LOL
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 pm
TMC wrote:Bada's right. F*ck soccer. Most unfair sport in history.

LMAO!!!..............ohh Im sorry bro..............but I told you huh!?

Man, come on, emotions aside............they, and specifically Jose, tactically outclassed Barca in both games. Pep just didnt have the experience and know how to counteract Jose's ability to dissect a team and play them perfectly.

Barca are like a far more talented Arsenal.............only one way to play!!! and if someone comes along and figures out how to shut that down, then there is no plan B.

Also, Barca just didnt seem to go for it man..............I mean they just didnt commit enough to it, and to take Zlatan off when hes youre only aerial threat up front (even if hes playing crap, still, he can play crap for 90 minutes then score a wonder goal) against 2 big physical centre backs..............that was key.

Old United boy Pique's goal was amazing.............the hand ball............sh*t man, it looked like a handball live but in replays in was more of ball to hand.............and to score from that, only to have it ruled out............I can understand being furious.

Still, the sending off definitely was not a sending off............so man, all I can say is hard luck and theres always the league title to look forward too. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm
bigstrads wrote:Man, come on, emotions aside............they, and specifically Jose, tactically outclassed Barca in both games. Pep just didnt have the experience and know how to counteract Jose's ability to dissect a team and play them perfectly.

He didn't outclass my ass. He just put as many guys as possible back on defense and relied on the refs to beat us. A penalty that wasn't called in Italy, Milito's goal was offsides, Bojan's goal today that was perfectly valid...

Sorry, but it was high robbery. That's the ONLY reason Inter won. If you take out the refs, it would have been 2-2 in Italy and 2-0 in Barcelona.

And it's true that Motta's ejection was a mistake, but Chivu should have been ejected ten minutes after that, so it evens out.

I'm a believer in Bada's religion now. F*ck soccer!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm
TMC wrote:

RIGHT ON BRO!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

RIGHT ON BRO!!!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 pm
CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!!

Congratulations to Spurs and their fans............namely our man TMC. :wink:

For those who dont know, they beat the team that was competing with them for the last Champions League qualification spot.

1-0, away at Manchester City (which is always good for me to see City lose), with England giant (yes, hes 6-7, which is huge for a football player) Peter Crouch scoring a goal that is worth about $70 million to his team. :shock:

Ps: TMC..............do you like "soccer" again now? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:30 pm
bigstrads wrote:CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!! CROUCH!!!

Congratulations to Spurs and their fans............namely our man TMC. :wink:

For those who dont know, they beat the team that was competing with them for the last Champions League qualification spot.

1-0, away at Manchester City (which is always good for me to see City lose), with England giant (yes, hes 6-7, which is huge for a football player) Peter Crouch scoring a goal that is worth about $70 million to his team. :shock:

You know what???... I'm friggin pissed. Another f*cking game they're not showing!!!! I got to see the F*CKING STOKE AT FULHAM (because Fulham is going to play At. Madrid in the Euro-something final next week) :banghead:

Oh, well... saved me from all that suffering, I guess... And you can't imagine how relieved a Spurs fan feel now after so many years trying to get into the Champions league...

And making it above Liverpool and City makes it even better. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

bigstrads wrote:Ps: TMC..............do you like "soccer" again now? :mrgreen:

Is that answer enough?.

When Mourinho is involved, it's not so easy to come back to my previous "stage". Although Bayern winning 112-0 might be enough to do the trick... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:34 am
F*cking Chelski win 8-0 to clinch the title!!! god damn useless Wigan...............they should be instantly relegated for losing 9-1 to Spurs and now 8-0 to these scum bags. :evil:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 am
bigstrads wrote:F*cking Chelski win 8-0 to clinch the title!!! god damn useless Wigan...............they should be instantly relegated for losing 9-1 to Spurs and now 8-0 to these scum bags. :evil:

I saw ManU missed out!!!

Was it 1 goal they lost the comp on, or 1 Competition point?

But 108 Goals in one season, is a impressive feat!!! As much as you hate them, you gotta respect that.

BTW... Chelski? Whats the banter/slang mean of that word?

What's the ManU Taunt? "WomanU" 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 am
bigstrads wrote:F*cking Chelski win 8-0 to clinch the title!!! god damn useless Wigan...............they should be instantly relegated for losing 9-1 to Spurs and now 8-0 to these scum bags. :evil:

I had the tact to NOT post that, you know... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am
PAWNO wrote:

I saw ManU missed out!!!

But 108 Goals in one season, is a impressive feat!!! As much as you hate them, you gotta respect that.

Yeah, we lost by 1 point.............so you start looking at sh*tty games we lost or drew that should have been wins, and of course..............we lost both games to Chelski, so winning or drawing either one of those would have meant the title was ours.

But anyway, we didnt deserve it, didnt play well enough against the big teams...............but I will not concede that Chelski deserved it either.

Thats the thing with rivals like them, and how much the hatred runs deep and means to people in football............I could never concede Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal or Manchester City did ANYTHING well..............cuz I dispise them all in so many ways.

Suppose its like getting beat by the Fakers by 50............then saying "Ohh well, they deserved it cuz they are just so good" except times that by about 50...............doesnt happen, atleast with fans of my constitution. :wink:

As for the "Chelski" nickname..............its born out of the fact that they only became a contender/good team (whereas they were a "maybe/almost" team before) once they had a Russian billionaire = Roman Abramovich (look him up, hes one of the richest men in the world) bought them and pumped ENDLESS money into them to buy players.............theyve spent about $900,000,000 over the last 6 years to "build" this team.

So cant respect people buying success like that.............especially when teams like United have been at the pinnacle of football for a long time, and yet have brought so many of their key players through the youth ranks, instead of just buying up all the established talent from around the world.

Even when we do spend money, which we do of course.............its usually spending alot of money on young players who look great, then developing them into world class players, like Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney.

TMC wrote:

Cheers bro..............weird that youre boys got thumped by Burnley on the final day...............strange one. :shock:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am
bigstrads wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

I saw ManU missed out!!!

Yeah, we lost by 1 point.............so you start looking at sh*tty games we lost or drew that should have been wins, and of course..............we lost both games to Chelski, so winning or drawing either one of those would have meant the title was ours.

But anyway, we didnt deserve it, didnt play well enough against the big teams...............but I will not concede that Chelski deserved it either.

Thats the thing with rivals like them, and how much the hatred runs deep and means to people in football............I could never concede Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal or Manchester City did ANYTHING well..............cuz I dispise them all in so many ways.

Suppose its like getting beat by the Fakers by 50............then saying "Ohh well, they deserved it cuz they are just so good" except times that by about 50...............doesnt happen, atleast with fans of my constitution. :wink:

As for the "Chelski" nickname..............its born out of the fact that they only became a contender/good team (whereas they were a "maybe/almost" team before) once they had a Russian billionaire = Roman Abramovich (look him up, hes one of the richest men in the world) bought them and pumped ENDLESS money into them to buy players.............theyve spent about $900,000,000 over the last 6 years to "build" this team.

So cant respect people buying success like that.............especially when teams like United have been at the pinnacle of football for a long time, and yet have brought so many of their key players through the youth ranks, instead of just buying up all the established talent from around the world.

Even when we do spend money, which we do of course.............its usually spending alot of money on young players who look great, then developing them into world class players, like Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney.

You know, it was just bad luck. The title was all yours til Rooney's injury...

bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Cheers bro..............weird that youre boys got thumped by Burnley on the final day...............strange one. :shock:

Nah, it wasn't that weird. Burnley wanted to end the season on a high note, to give their fans something to cheer about. As for us... well, they started the game strong, but after hearing that Arsenal was trashing Fulham at the Emirates... it was a meaningless game. Those things happen in the final game of the season when you have to reason to play for.

It was a MAGNIFICENT season, anyway. Next year with the Champions is gonna be great... just hope they sign a few new players, because the team is way to short to compete for four titles with the current roster.

Oh, well, next sunday, Barça is supposed to close the season with a win an the title... If not, it's gonna be the most shocking outcome I've ever seen, because they play at home, only need to win (ANY win) and Valladolid is fighting to avoid relegation.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board