The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:21 am
I don't care too much about soccer though i'll watch the world cup. I just saw my buddy bigs post , so i wanted to say HI :hello2:

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:02 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Facking sh*t balls I cant believe Rio gets injured a week before!!! :banghead:

Now Michael Dawson is his replacement.................. :cry:

I like Dawson a lot more than Rio at this point of their careers, bro... :wink:

(Fire away!!!. I know you want to...) :mrgreen:

As a long suffering Spurs fan..............Ill let you believe that without tearing yo ass apart. :wink:

You're a Tottenham fan bigs? I was thinking about seeing them when they come to play the San Jose Earthquakes next month. Wanted to see Crouch's lanky ass in person.

» Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:13 pm
I heard Robbin got hurt badly today, as well... I know team chemistry is important, but maybe they should settle down these players until the real deal starts.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:28 pm
metalface wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Facking sh*t balls I cant believe Rio gets injured a week before!!! :banghead:

As a long suffering Spurs fan..............Ill let you believe that without tearing yo ass apart. :wink:

You're a Tottenham fan bigs? I was thinking about seeing them when they come to play the San Jose Earthquakes next month. Wanted to see Crouch's lanky ass in person.

I am a Spurs fan. Bigs is a long time "suffering" Man U fan. :wink:

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:21 pm
TMC wrote:
metalface wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

I am a Spurs fan. Bigs is a long time "suffering" Man U fan. :wink:

Oh ok. I have yet to find a English team that I can say I am a true "fan" of. I like Arsenal and Liverpool mainly because of Fabregas and El Nino. The only Euro team that I am a true fan of is Inter.

» Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:52 pm
I root for Osasuna (family team) and Barcalona (cuz everyone in north spain root for them over Real Madrid). I also like Atletico Bilbao cuz of their strong basque roots, which those players make my basque name look weak.

But, your right metalface, i do root for teams based on the players that make it up. I root for all spanish players, so i too root for teams depending on who they got.

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:05 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I root for Osasuna (family team) and Barcalona (cuz everyone in north spain root for them over Real Madrid). I also like Atletico Bilbao cuz of their strong basque roots, which those players make my basque name look weak.

But, your right metalface, i do root for teams based on the players that make it up. I root for all spanish players, so i too root for teams depending on who they got.

Are you Spanish Crackerz? I am Colombian and my family has been in Colombia for generations now but I know that if I were to trace it back enough I am from Spain because all of the last names that I have all come from Spain.

But yeah I root for Spain for those reasons. And I root for Spanish players for the same reasons also.

» Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm
metalface wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I root for Osasuna (family team) and Barcalona (cuz everyone in north spain root for them over Real Madrid). I also like Atletico Bilbao cuz of their strong basque roots, which those players make my basque name look weak.

Are you Spanish Crackerz? I am Colombian and my family has been in Colombia for generations now but I know that if I were to trace it back enough I am from Spain because all of the last names that I have all come from Spain.

But yeah I root for Spain for those reasons. And I root for Spanish players for the same reasons also.

yep. Basque, actually. But family is from Pamplona. I was born in California though.

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:57 pm
M.U and Inter Fans since.....Ryan giggs still young and i love that young guns class where beckham,scholes,nicky butts,neville brothers,Eric the King Cantona and Roy keane play together and mark hughes still the striker....btw, thx to sheringham and dwight yorke and giggs for that unforgetable moment in Final Champions against Bayern munich

and Inter is my Favorito team in italiano....
still love them till now...

All time players

M.U = Eric Cantona and Ryan Giggs bu also respect to Keane...
Inter = Djourkaeff,Zanetti,Vieri

Forza Nerrazuri....go go scudetto....

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:01 pm
GSW United wrote:
Forza Nerrazuri....go go scudetto....

Yup yup

Franchise Player
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:04 pm
I am a fan of the team where its players don't roll around the grass like little girls when they get tripped... oh wait, there are no teams like that.

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:10 pm
bada wrote:I am a fan of the team where its players don't roll around the grass like little girls when they get tripped... oh wait, there are no teams like that.

LMAO!!! :) :) :)

I think Bada is bored like I am and is trying to stir up some ****. But yah, soccer is kinda silly :wink:

All Star
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:47 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:I am a fan of the team where its players don't roll around the grass like little girls when they get tripped... oh wait, there are no teams like that.

LMAO!!! :) :) :)

I think Bada is bored like I am and is trying to stir up some ****. But yah, soccer is kinda silly :wink:

» Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:56 pm
yeah, i can't say i "hate" ANY sport. Each and everyone has some technique and skill to it. I think everyone has to be appreciative that sports make up culture, and just because we don't understand the meaning of culture through your lens doesn't mean you should mock it for others. Sure, i like some sports better than others, but cmon bada, your exaggerated complaint for soccer can be seen in football and basketball just as much.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:yeah, i can't say i "hate" ANY sport. Each and everyone has some technique and skill to it. I think everyone has to be appreciative that sports make up culture, and just because we don't understand the meaning of culture through your lens doesn't mean you should mock it for others. Sure, i like some sports better than others, but cmon bada, your exaggerated complaint for soccer can be seen in football and basketball just as much.

Actually i agree with the stereotypes of 'Soccer' and the theatrics... It doesn't do the game any justice.

When was the last time you saw Ron Artest take a charge or catch a elbow & lay on the ground for minutes on end, with a physio running out to check they are allright & then pop up on there feet 5 minutes later like nothing happened.

Definitely the agility, the athleteism & the finesse that comes with the World Game i appreciate, But if you were to ask me if i respect a 'Soccer Players' Toughness ... then well that's a big ****ing (F for FAIL) from me.