The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:sorry about England Bigs. I listened to the 2nd half on the radio on my way into the office... I felt for ya.



Yeah, I had a bad feeling about this game, purely based on how poor England had played, but still was rooting for them.

Time to start anew, fire Capello and get ready to REALLY be a contender in Brazil 2014. :wink:


Cheers guys...............f*ck me man.

Seriously, I said it other day when we played Slovenia, that I had just witness the worst game of football by any team...............ever.

Now what do we do? go and top it!!!

Trully, I mean people who watch football answer me this...............have you EVER seen a team defend so comically? let alone a team iwth such high quality defenders, so highly ranked and in a World Cup?

Was literally a joke.................and to think, you have 2 players in Rooney and Lampard who scored over 50 goals between this season............who didnt even get 1 (except for Lampards goal in this game...........which I am not discussing by the way because it makes too angry)

Actually, I have to say something.

Considering the first 2 German goals were the most disorganised, weak, clueless, discombobulated I have ever seen an England defense on..............you have to imagine they got a right ear full at half time about.

So if wed have gone in at half time with 2-2, then we would not have pushed forward so much in the 2nd half and wouldnt have let in 2 counter attack goals from the Nazi's.

Still, Im not even going to bother making excuse............because we were pathetic and total mess, and have been so througout the entire tourney.

F*ck Capello and his out-dated style...............old muppet face needs to go.

Ps: The media here are already going nutty about how this played so poorly throughout the whole thing..............I mean its not even about form or anything like that.

People are simply saying, "How is that we possess atleast 2 world class players in defense, atleast 2-3 in mid-field and 1 in attack................all of whom dominate the best footballing league in the world.............and they cant resemble a half decent team when they are all put together"
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:Trully, I mean people who watch football answer me this...............have you EVER seen a team defend so comically? let alone a team iwth such high quality defenders, so highly ranked and in a World Cup?


Who?. Because Terry has had a poor world cup and the other DC plays for... West Ham. Not exactly a high quality defender... Also, Glen Johnson and Cole are better offensively than on defense.

Rio Ferdinand in his prime was a good defender, Terry in his prime is a good defender (I think, in his case, it's more lack of focus than anything). But you don't have many world class defenders other than those two.

btw, same thing happens with most national teams, it's not only something that happens to England. As of late, it's a lot easier to find good offensive players than defensive ones.

bigstrads wrote:Was literally a joke.................and to think, you have 2 players in Rooney and Lampard who scored over 50 goals between this season............who didnt even get 1 (except for Lampards goal in this game...........which I am not discussing by the way because it makes too angry)


Lampard has been the best english player today, and didn't have a poor world cup. Rooney... what can you expect when he doesn't get a single ball in good conditions.

Both a great, Rooney still has his best years ahead of him... but they can't win by themselves.

bigstrads wrote:Actually, I have to say something.

Considering the first 2 German goals were the most disorganised, weak, clueless, discombobulated I have ever seen an England defense on..............you have to imagine they got a right ear full at half time about.

So if wed have gone in at half time with 2-2, then we would not have pushed forward so much in the 2nd half and wouldnt have let in 2 counter attack goals from the Nazi's.

Still, Im not even going to bother making excuse............because we were pathetic and total mess, and have been so througout the entire tourney.


Actually... I was surprise England didn't press more in the second half. I don't think they were pushing particularly hard by the start of the second half, and after the third one, they were dead.

bigstrads wrote:F*ck Capello and his out-dated style...............old muppet face needs to go.


Now we're talking, mate... although seems like he¡ll stay put... or the FA will have to pay €11 million to fire him.

bigstrads wrote:Ps: The media here are already going nutty about how this played so poorly throughout the whole thing..............I mean its not even about form or anything like that.

People are simply saying, "How is that we possess atleast 2 world class players in defense, atleast 2-3 in mid-field and 1 in attack................all of whom dominate the best footballing league in the world.............and they cant resemble a half decent team when they are all put together"


Because you only have 2 world class players in the whole team, Rooney and Frankie Lampard. Add Terry when he's focused. The rest, including Gerrard, are overrated.


Even Joe Cole said it after the game, that they just can't play the way Germany did it, that there's something lacking and they can't dominate a game, so their only answer is to play together, defend and hope to score in a counter (his words, not mine... although not literally. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like that).



btw, another BIG mistake by the ref in Argentina's first goal, that was a clear offsides by Tevez... they better fix this soon, because the game was over after that.



btw (II), Bigs, you should be happy about your new signing. "Chicharito" Hernandez is looking REAL good. I'm sure he'll be a steal for ManU.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5907
» Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm
I won't lie BIGS... I was cheering for Germany (only cause i'm bitter at how well the English have been dominating the Aussies Lately)

But you guys got screwed on a bogus call by a blind touch judge who should of told the referee he got it wrong (on that goal that went in and bounced out)

If you seem to be constantly getting screwed over by bad officiating... may i suggest you join the Oakland Raiders community, as we in the Raider Nation know how it feels to get fucked over by referees who have no clue (actually supporting the Raiders might be detrimental to your health: Supporting Discretion advised)

Anyways i was reading a article as well today about how it looks like you might stay with that current coaching staff... Hmm. The media better tear this Cappello clown a new asshole & soon so English Football make a wise move and fire his ass soon.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:28 am
as usual i'm rooting for oranje, but man germany looked bad, in a good way, the night before, can't remember mexico-argentina so well, but the score confirms that south america kicks ass.
as for england, they really never were a good national football team. got lucky once to go to finals, that's it. they always played dead ball, at least for me. no duracell in them.
watch robben score two goals today.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22189
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 am
xbay wrote:SPAIN!

Go whoop that a*s on that diva wuss Ronaldo and Portugal!



GO PORTUGAL

:mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22189
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 am
TMC wrote:This is getting ugly... Germany is oblitarating England.




P.S.: I don't expect Bigs to be back in the board for a month, at least... :mrgreen:



England is out in a butt spanked way but that happens. Mexico same thing.

Argentina v Germany should be a great battle.

Pitty Portugal and Spain, two great teams, play so early. Both are better than most of the teams left right now. Portugal looked bad in their first game against Ivory Coast, but was good since then and did well drawing with Brazil

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:03 am
Read this article. It pisses me off. I criticize the NBA for being a shady business, but I need to give credit when credit is due. FIFA overthows the NBA in the bullshit department.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/ ... 901&ver=us
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:15 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Read this article. It pisses me off. I criticize the NBA for being a shady business, but I need to give credit when credit is due. FIFA overthows the NBA in the bullshit department.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/ ... 901&ver=us


That's not news.

Using replays to decide on a play is strictly forbidden, the reasoning being that games would never end if you have to check every single controversial play and decide afterwards.


Of course, it's all BS, because there's no reason you can't give each team a couple of challenged, like in the NFL, to review a couple of specific plays. It works in the NFL, it would work here as well... but I've got a bad feeling they're rejecting that option because there's something shady regarding referee's designation.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:46 am
This is great...

Image

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm
xbay wrote:This is great...

Image


nice one.
of course refereeing in football is very biased, too many dirty things (that help fifa and so on) to have unquestionable factual authority help it.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 454
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 pm
Some really good matchups set up for the final 8. Germany vs Argentina and Brazil vs Netherlands should be classic matchups. All 4 of those teams look damn good. I've got Argentina and Netherlands winning these matches in my bracket, but am nervous about both picks.

Really stoked for Spain vs Portugal tomorrow. Whoever wins should pretty easily make it to the semi-finals. to play Argentina or Germany. Hopefully Torres gets back on track and Del Bosque gives Fabregas some good minutes as Villa will be very focused on after his last 2 matches, and more players will need to threaten the goal to break Portugal's stingy defense.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4043
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:08 pm
bigstrads wrote:Still, Im not even going to bother making excuse............because we were pathetic and total mess, and have been so througout the entire tourney
I applaud you bigs for taking the high road on this one, I wish others had done the same. It's pretty classless to complain about a bad call when you were thoroughly out played. Sucks to cause England was pretty much the only other team I was pulling for... Now I really have no more reason to care about soccer for the next 2-3 years or so...

Sorry to get a little off topic, but I went back and read the controversy over the England comments - I figured you of all people wouldn't take any of it seriously or be offended, but my bad - I didn't mean anything by it... I just always looking for any excuse to through in a X Pac pic, lol.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:31 pm
JREED23 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Still, Im not even going to bother making excuse............because we were pathetic and total mess, and have been so througout the entire tourney
I applaud you bigs for taking the high road on this one, I wish others had done the same. It's pretty classless to complain about a bad call when you were thoroughly out played. Sucks to cause England was pretty much the only other team I was pulling for... Now I really have no more reason to care about soccer for the next 2-3 years or so...

Sorry to get a little off topic, but I went back and read the controversy over the England comments - I figured you of all people wouldn't take any of it seriously or be offended, but my bad - I didn't mean anything by it... I just always looking for any excuse to through in a X Pac pic, lol.


Cool man..............I just dont do that whole taunting, pointless, frankly a little childish for me "In your face" crap.

Anywho.............if wed have lost 2-1 then I would have written about 6 letters to the FA by now..............but it didnt matter in the end.

Still, if it had stood, which it obviously should of..............then it COULD have been different.............and thats the only chain of thought I have that leads down a path of frustration.

Other that, we were a joke..............just hoped that England would do their typical "Peaks and Valleys" deal and turn it on for our fiercest rivals.

Ps: The "outplayed" thing isnt quite the case for me..............considering that we gift wrapped all 4 goals for them and I have NEVER seen England defend that poorly.............so in that sense, it wasnt quite like they totally dominated us and scored 4 well deserved goals............each one was a catastrophic and uncharacteristic defensive failure.

Ahh shiiiiiieeet..............I had pretty much forgotten about it all as well! :evil: :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 pm
So who do you guys see going into the Final match? By the way each team is playing, I'd say Brazil, Argentina or Germany. Although, I'm waiting on how Portugal does against Spain.

At the moment, I'd go with a Brazil/Argentina or Brazil/Germany final. It could change given what Portugal or Spain does. Oh, and I'm not sleeping on a potential Uruguay/Brazil showdown. Uruguay has the potential to turn heads and drop jaws.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm
TMC wrote:God, goalies are absolutely terrible in this World Cup. I'm starting to believe that, for once, the ball is partly to blame. It bounces too high, and I think players and the goalies are not used to it.


A few more things:

* Germany is the team that's playing the best football of all the world cup teams. But still looks pretty average in defense.


* Lampard's shot WAS A CLEAR GOAL!!!!. That was high robbery... And I believe the ref didn't see it... but the assistant had to see it.


* By the reaction of everybody, the ref KNOWS it was a goal. Let's see what happens, but knowing how refs react, I'd expect the worse if I were german...


If that was GOAL then the result is totally different...England will not play very offensive and more organize, but because they behind one goal they forget to concentrate in the back and germany use that opportunities to kill England....
unfortunately.....but come back strong 4 years later....

hopefully, we can find a damn amazing super wonderful talents in Midfielder like messi or even better....
same as USA...we need good Striker and export more players to Italy League,England and Spain,Germany League...let them learn and develop the skills so once again we can proudly root for our National Team...The USA..United Stars of America..... :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests