NCAA Tourney 2009 thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:54 pm
This is a bit embarassing i was unable to pick..for some reason my brackets were closed off when i wanted to pick my teams on tuesday.

To salvage my dignity i picked uconn as the champs.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:04 pm
LOL oh boy Warriorstepup... ur making history.

BTW, we all got the Washington game except Ol Migya.... dude, the game was in Portland. That was as close to a gimme as one can ask for.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:05 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:LOL oh boy Warriorstepup... ur making history.

BTW, we all got the Washington game except Ol Migya.... dude, the game was in Portland. That was as close to a gimme as one can ask for.

After watching that game Mr.C, do you have a little more respect for the "Real" Huskies?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:13 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

After watching that game Mr.C, do you have a little more respect for the "Real" Huskies?

nope, washington and uconn both still suck in my book. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I think UCONN is overrated, but WA is a good squad. Brockman is a stud!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I think UCONN is overrated, but WA is a good squad. Brockman is a stud!

I was so pissed i really wanted to be apart of the madness to the fulliest extent. I watched the huskies to know they are a bit overatted not athletic enough, and i never trust guards under 5'10. Brockman a beast though dont know if he will be enough.

I like uconn's balance.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

hey, watch it! I am a Husky man! (in more ways than one I suppose :) )

Even though I am a huge husky fan, I have them losing to Purdue in a couple brackets and the rest of them losing to UConn. Although they played great today. Pondexter was awesome and Brockman was his usual beastly self but I am not sure Isiah Thomas is ready to lead them to a deep run yet.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Bingham against Duke 15 vs 2. Just a few minutes in but man, the 15 seed looks like they are ready to play upset maybe ?
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 pm
WTF, why did I pick BYU instead of Maryland? That was definitely an accident since I think BYU is an overrated piece of crap team that even SDSU beat. Woops, oh well.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:01 pm
Ok looks like Bingham's tallest player is 6'6, that might be an issue. "Small Ball" at the college level.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:WTF, why did I pick BYU instead of Maryland? That was definitely an accident since I think BYU is an overrated piece of crap team that even SDSU beat. Woops, oh well.

haha they didn't even play each other capt...

do u mean Texas A&M?

If it makes u feel better, i feel like crap too for picking an overrated BYU squad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 pm
I got VCU winning this game... i dont like the Pac10 (minus Stanford of course!)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I got VCU winning this game... i dont like the Pac10 (minus Stanford of course!)

Its not a bad pick at all Crackerz. I went with UCLA as VCU became a VERY trendy pick. I jumped on the chance to take the favorite and a chance to GAIN on the field.

Out of 135 entries in my pool, 78 took VCU.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:WTF, why did I pick BYU instead of Maryland? That was definitely an accident since I think BYU is an overrated piece of crap team that even SDSU beat. Woops, oh well.

haha they didn't even play each other capt...

do u mean Texas A&M?

If it makes u feel better, i feel like crap too for picking an overrated BYU squad.

Don't ask, it's been the longest day ever. I can't even explain it. But I meant BYU over A&M, but Cal over Maryland was dumb too, I knew better than that. .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:48 pm
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I got VCU winning this game... i dont like the Pac10 (minus Stanford of course!)

Its not a bad pick at all Crackerz. I went with UCLA as VCU became a VERY trendy pick. I jumped on the chance to take the favorite and a chance to GAIN on the field.

Out of 135 entries in my pool, 78 took VCU.

holy crap. bandwagons... VCU has always done me well in tourneys past. I alson took them cuz they have a cool coach (seems cool). Sorta the same reason why i picked butler too. And what i said earlier applies too.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board