Syracuse Upsets UConn In Six Overtimes

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:32 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... overtimes/

Syracuse defeated Connecticut by a final score of 127-117 in the second-longest Division I game ever played.

The game went into six overtimes.

Jonny Flynn had 34 points and 11 assists for the Orange (25-8), playing 67 of the 70 minutes, the most of any player.

"I have never been prouder of a team than I am tonight," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "They just kept fighting, ... hanging in there and toughing it out and fighting."

Flynn said he kept telling his teammates, "This is destined for us. I told them, `We played this long, all we can do is win this game."

SIX OVERTIMES! Those boys must have been tired after that. Don't follow college ball that much anymore but this was an upset I take it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:13 am
I watched that game last night. Never thought it would end. Nobody could buy a shot to win the game at the end of OT's. Was crazy

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 am
yeah i watched like half of this game... bits and pieces of the first half, most of the second half, and most of the OT (all of the 4-6 OT's).

After the end of the fifth OT, when Adrian missed that shot for UCONN, you can tell they just weren't going to win. He started laying down on the court, and his teammates were looking sluggish. Syracuse (probably equally as tired) was ready for another quarter. There was one player who was running in place and doing jumping jacks before the 6th OT was starting. It was obvious to me that the Cuse was gonna beat them in the 6th (wat was shocking to me was they put 17pts in that 6th OT).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:30 pm
Yeah, it was an upset, migya.

6 OTs is crazy. I saw the highlights, and they simply could not buy a shot in the 4th, and first through fifth overtimes.

I wonder how the Orangemen will be holding up today as they play again later on.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Sports Board