A-Roid and others?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- Bud Selig says Alex Rodriguez has "shamed the game," though the baseball commissioner indicated no plans to punish the three-time American League MVP.

"I am saddened by the revelations," Selig said in a statement issued Thursday, four days after Rodriguez admitted he used unspecified drugs from 2001 to 2003 while playing for the Texas Rangers. "What Alex did was wrong, and he will have to live with the damage he has done to his name and reputation."

Players and owners didn't agree to a joint drug program until August 2002, and testing with punishment didn't start until 2004.

"It is important to remember that these recent revelations relate to pre-program activity," Selig said.

"Under our current drug program, if you are caught using steroids and/or amphetamines, you will be punished. Since 2005, every player who has tested positive for steroids has been suspended for as much as 50 games."

What an ass. There's simply no way he didn't know what was going on, and if he was so blind he missed the fact that all of his superstars were juicing, than he should just resign and let someone a little bit more in touch with reality take over.

Passing the buck to all the players when your system produced this mess is just pathetic. If other sluggers hadn't been juicing without consequence, you think ARod would have taken the risk? Hell no.

I'm no ARod fan, but the guy was a product of the system. A system that Selig allowed for nearly two decades before the whistle was blown.

Selig is an absolute joke. i agree completely SISC. Maybe not as bad as Stern, but neck in neck with him. Goodell (NFL) and Tagniavue (NFL) have/had been pretty good. Bettman is awful.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- Bud Selig says Alex Rodriguez has "shamed the game," though the baseball commissioner indicated no plans to punish the three-time American League MVP.

"I am saddened by the revelations," Selig said in a statement issued Thursday, four days after Rodriguez admitted he used unspecified drugs from 2001 to 2003 while playing for the Texas Rangers. "What Alex did was wrong, and he will have to live with the damage he has done to his name and reputation."

Players and owners didn't agree to a joint drug program until August 2002, and testing with punishment didn't start until 2004.

"It is important to remember that these recent revelations relate to pre-program activity," Selig said.

"Under our current drug program, if you are caught using steroids and/or amphetamines, you will be punished. Since 2005, every player who has tested positive for steroids has been suspended for as much as 50 games."

What an ass. There's simply no way he didn't know what was going on, and if he was so blind he missed the fact that all of his superstars were juicing, than he should just resign and let someone a little bit more in touch with reality take over.

Passing the buck to all the players when your system produced this mess is just pathetic. If other sluggers hadn't been juicing without consequence, you think ARod would have taken the risk? Hell no.

I'm no ARod fan, but the guy was a product of the system. A system that Selig allowed for nearly two decades before the whistle was blown.

Selig is an absolute joke. i agree completely SISC. Maybe not as bad as Stern, but neck in neck with him. Goodell (NFL) and Tagniavue (NFL) have/had been pretty good. Bettman is awful.

in all honesty, the NFL guys didn't have to do too much but ride its popularity. Tagliabue maybe the only one that stands out. Goodell seems like sort of a Nazi. Bettman is clueless at times, and selig and stern are always clueless. Why even have commissioners?
Previous

Return to Sports Board