San Diego State

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:32 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:I think the season sweep by the Zags didn't help their cause. Plus, the Patty Mills injury didn't help them either. Still, with Patrick in the lineup, that team is really good. Without him, they're decent, but not enough to challenge anyone outside their conference. I wish they made it... I would love to see what havoc they'd wreck.

The injury to Mills and the Gaels missing the Tournament should make Patty a better player in the long run. I cant see him declaring for the draft after such a disappointing end to the season. Another year of NCAA ball under his belt will only help this kid. He can work on his playmaking abilities and should emerge as a better and more NBA ready player after next season.

Agreed. Pat is already a solid talent. If he stays all 4 years, I think this kid could be like a Brandon Roy, but in a PG mold.

he definitely is a worker. my father in law works at St. Marys and he says that Patty has a personal trainer that he works with daily after regular practice.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm
Here is an article of the most intriguing baseball prospect for this year... Who happens to be an AZTEC!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=s ... &type=lgns

He has a 101 mph fastball, He has 74 strikeouts in 34 1/3 innings. Once, he had 23 K's in 1 game (yeah, dude is a beast). He's only a Junior, but he's gonna be drafted this year, and he's a lock of being number one. He's a Scott Boras client, and he is expected to make crazy money as a rooking. I'm rooting for this kid.

GO Stephen Strasburg!!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an article of the most intriguing baseball prospect for this year... Who happens to be an AZTEC!!!

He has a 101 mph fastball, He has 74 strikeouts in 34 1/3 innings. Once, he had 23 K's in 1 game (yeah, dude is a beast). He's only a Junior, but he's gonna be drafted this year, and he's a lock of being number one. He's a Scott Boras client, and he is expected to make crazy money as a rooking. I'm rooting for this kid.

GO Stephen Strasburg!!!!

Strasburg is going to be a stud, but Im not sure he is a lock to go #1. The Nationals may not be able to afford the price tag. He could go to the Nats or his hometown Pads, or maybe both teams will decide they can not afford him and he will drop down in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an article of the most intriguing baseball prospect for this year... Who happens to be an AZTEC!!!

GO Stephen Strasburg!!!!

Strasburg is going to be a stud, but Im not sure he is a lock to go #1. The Nationals may not be able to afford the price tag. He could go to the Nats or his hometown Pads, or maybe both teams will decide they can not afford him and he will drop down in the draft.

what pick do the giants or A's have, do you know?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Doesn't St. Mary's play the Aztecs next in the NIT?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:04 am
xbay wrote:Doesn't St. Mary's play the Aztecs next in the NIT?

Yeah we do... Aztecs don't have much depth, but have a balanced starting 5 and sheldon off the bench makes for a good 6th man. I have Aztecs winning, as they play terrific defense.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 pm
Tonight is HUGE!

While we lost to St. Mary's earlier this season on a neutral court, it was only Lorenzo Wade's second game back after missing the early season with legal troubles (he got caught stealing laptops or something, but charges were dropped). He, and the rest of the team, have definitely found their rhythm at the end of the year and are playing really well. Plus we are at home...keeping my fingers crossed. Partly because I want them to win and partly because my work schedule is so much better if they win...it's a long story, but if they win I don't have to work this weekend!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Woohoo! Aztecs win! 70-66...yay!!!!!

This means I don't have to work this weekend and I get to work a lot and make TONS of money next week before I go to Seattle for vacation. Today would be totally awesome if I didn't have like 8 hours of homework to do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Woohoo! Aztecs win! 70-66...yay!!!!!

This means I don't have to work this weekend and I get to work a lot and make TONS of money next week before I go to Seattle for vacation. Today would be totally awesome if I didn't have like 8 hours of homework to do.

S.....D....S....U.... S.D.S.U Aztec's fight!

Man, i missed this game (damn school), but my buddy john kept me updated throughout, with his excellent play by play. I heard the students rushed the arena... oh how i would of loved to be there. I only rushed the pit once, and that was from an upset win over a ranked BYU team... im going off topic... but yeah... OFF TO NEW YORK!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Man, i missed this game (damn school), but my buddy john kept me updated throughout, with his excellent play by play. I heard the students rushed the arena... oh how i would of loved to be there. I only rushed the pit once, and that was from an upset win over a ranked BYU team... im going off topic... but yeah... OFF TO NEW YORK!

I'm so excited. I wish I could have been there too, but I had to work (so that the people I work for could go to the game =(. ), but I did watch the last few minutes when I got home...it was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I'm so excited. I wish I could have been there too, but I had to work (so that the people I work for could go to the game =(. ), but I did watch the last few minutes when I got home...it was awesome.

Too bad our whole team is filled with seniors (4 starters). Most these guys are out. But we got some real good recruits coming in. And billy white is only a sophomore and Tim Sheldon (6th man) is only a freshman. So we are going to be competitive still.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 pm
Congrats Capt. Awesome you dont have to work and a big congrats to the Aztecs!

You visiting friends in Seattle? What part/where are you staying? Any specific plans for things you are going to do? Been there before?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 am
bada wrote:Congrats Capt. Awesome you dont have to work and a big congrats to the Aztecs!

You visiting friends in Seattle? What part/where are you staying? Any specific plans for things you are going to do? Been there before?

I'm going to see the guy I'm dating. I think he lives actually in Seattle, not going to lie I never asked him specifically where he lives. But I'll also go see my brother who lives in Kirkland. I've been there twice before with my family to see my brother and done all the tourist stuff (Space Needle, etc.). I'm looking forward to going this time without my parents so I can just do normal people stuff =).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:13 am
Cool... well have a GREAT time!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 am
Seattle and Vancouver seem like chill cities to live in... I like the down to earth way of living down there. Plus the quality of life index says those are two of the best cities to live in.

Switching back to SDSU bball, So they play Baylor... I dunno how good baylor is because i cant remember seeing them play. But the ESPN "experts" said it should be good game to watch.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board