The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:20 am
After the way Bada has been touting him, I'm esctatic to see that the new Bucs OC is... Jeff Jagodzinski. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I seriously love all the moves the team has done since firing Gruden. Raheem as HC, two great coordinators in Bates and Jags, a new o-line coach in Pete Mangurian, who worked for the Pats the last 4 years...

The only move I'm not sure about was re-signing Joe Barry as our LBs coach. That was just weird after the terrible job he's done in Detroit. I guess they wanted somebody that already knows the team and has a good understanding of the players and the position, but still, I probably would have gone with a different name.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 am
Obviously I love the hire as well TMC. I mean Jag might flame out... who REALLY knows. But I think he will be a good OC in this league and eventually a good HC.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 am
A few notes:

1.- Luke McCown re-signed with the Bucs. It's a two year deal for $14 million, which is a lot of dough for a backup. Word is, he's gonna be given the chance to prove he deserves to start... Don't know if I like the move. One thing is for sure, he has the strongest arm on the roster, and Jags plans to make the passing game more vertical, so it kinda makes sense from that point of view.

Of course, it's better to bring back an old Garcia or keep playing Griese, but I'm not confident with him just yet.

Another option the teams seems to be considering is signing Byron Leftwitch to compete with McCown for the starting spot.

2.- Donald Penn, our undrafted LT who has been one of the nicest stories of the league in the last couple of years, seems poised to sign a long-term contract with the Bucs, thus keeping our young o-line together for the next few seasons. Can't wait to see it happen.

3.- Seems like our biggest objective for this year's free agency is going to be Albert Haynesworth. If he makes it to free agency, that is.

4.- Antonio Bryant is also in talks with the Bucs to stay with the team. There's also a good chance that he's franchised if a deal is not reached in time, because he's the only good WR we have on our roster.

5.-Michael Clayton might be back with the team now that Gruden is out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:03 am
A few notes about the new Bucs coordinators:

Bates gives early thoughts on Bucs' defense

TAMPA, Fla. -- Jim Bates just got done meeting with the media for the first time since his hiring as Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator and it doesn't sound like he's planning on veering far from the scheme Monte Kiffin built.

Make no mistake, this will be Bates' defense. But the good news is, in many ways, it's basically the same system Kiffin ran.

"I'd rather come in following Monte than go some place where they haven't played passionate defense," Bates said.

The 4-3 and the Tampa Two will stay largely in place, but there will be some subtle changes.

"Our corners will play a lot more bump (coverage)," Bates said.

Bates will use a one-gap scheme up front, but he admitted there might be a little two-gap at times. Bates said the biggest change might be the language of the defense.

"The terminology will change," Bates said. "But it will be very player-friendly."

Bates also sounded very enthused about former first-round pick Gaines Adams, who has been inconsistent at defensive end in his first two seasons. A lot of spectators have said that Adams lacks any true moves as a pass-rusher and tries to get by only on his speed. Bates didn't argue that point and it sounds like he has plans to make Adams a more complete player.

"If you only have a fastball, look out because they're going to hit some home runs," Bates said. "You've got to have some changeups."

Jagodzinski's first thoughts on Bucs' offense

TAMPA, Fla. -- In his first meeting with the media since becoming offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jeff Jagodzinski admitted he doesn't really know what he has in quarterback Luke McCown.

The Bucs re-signed McCown last week in a sign that they at least want him to have a shot at the starting job. It's still possible the Bucs could bring in another quarterback through free agency and the draft.

That uncertainty is understandable because McCown, 27, has only appeared in 12 NFL games, including just seven starts. That hasn't left a lot of film for Jagodzinski to watch.

"I like Luke, the way he moves around," Jagodzinski said. "But he hasn't played."

Jagodzinski said there are positives to McCown's lack of playing time.

"He's not beat up," Jagodzinski said. "When you play a young quarterback too soon you can ruin a guy. You guys know the examples of some of the guys who were ruined because they couldn't change protections. He's been around, but he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him. I don't know him. I wish I could tell you this is exactly for sure what is going to happen, but I don't know. Until I have a chance to go out there and work with him and our offensive staff I think we'll get a better feel for him in the next couple of months."

What Jagodzinski does know for certain is the type of offense he wants to run.

Start with the running game.

"Our running game is going to be downhill and physical," Jagodzinski said. "We will run the lead zone, both strong and weak, inside and out, and we'll also run some gap schemes because of the personnel we have. We will run some power gap schemes, which I thought our personnel was very good at last year. We've got a big, physical, strong offensive line, which is one of the strong areas we have on this football team after watching the film for the last two weeks."

Jagodzinski also said his offense will include elements of the West Coast offense, but he also wants to be able to go downfield.

"It's not so much how it's called, it's when you call it," Jagodzinski said. "As far as play calling is concerned, are you calling the plays at the right time and in the right situation? If you have a strong running game, you're going to get eight guys in the box and you're going to have your opportunity to make some plays downfield. When that happens and the ball is up in the air and it's a 50-50 ball, our guys have to come down with it or nobody. That's just the way we're going to coach that."

It also sounds like Jagodzinski plans to use tight ends and fullbacks frequently in the passing game.

"If we have a good matchup, you put the players in a position to succeed by matchups," Jagodzinski said. "I think we have players here that we can do that. I've been fortunate to coach a bunch of tight ends that were Pro Bowl players in Bubba [Franks], [Mark] Chmura and Alge Crumpler. I've had a bunch of different types of guys. We're going to find a way to get those guys the ball."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 pm
In a really unexpected move, Derrick Brooks has become one of the cuts in Tampa. He's not the only one, as Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard and Cato June have also been released.

According to Dominik, the move wasn't made so much for financial reasons (we have the most cap room of any team) than to have a younger team.

I don't have a problem with any of those names except Brooks. Galloway is done because of injuries, Hilliard doesn't fit Jags new offense, Dunn is also up there in age and June has been a disappointment since he was signed... but you just don't cut the icon of the Bucs. You just can't show him the door like that. Unless there's something else we don't know, this is a BIG mistake by the new regime. Sad, sad day for all Bucs fans. :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm
TMC wrote:In a really unexpected move, Derrick Brooks has become one of the cuts in Tampa. He's not the only one, as Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard and Cato June have also been released.

According to Dominik, the move wasn't made so much for financial reasons (we have the most cap room of any team) than to have a younger team.

I don't have a problem with any of those names except Brooks. Galloway is done because of injuries, Hilliard doesn't fit Jags new offense, Dunn is also up there in age and June has been a disappointment since he was signed... but you just don't cut the icon of the Bucs. You just can't show him the door like that. Unless there's something else we don't know, this is a BIG mistake by the new regime. Sad, sad day for all Bucs fans. :banghead:

WOW, that is brutal. I can understand Galloway and Hilliard and mabye June, but I dont understand Brook and Dunn at all.

I mean if you NEED the cap room, fine... hey you need to make tough decisions sometimes but they have PLENTY of cap room like you said. Wanting to go young is fine, but they have an inexperienced coaching staff and if they have young players, they need solid, veterans around them to learn things the right way and to be a stabalising force.

Like you said, unless there is more to the story, this is a TERRIBLE move.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:58 am
Well, one day after the release of all those guys, there are some numbers to talk about. The Bucs were already close to be $50 million under the cap, and the release of all those guys frees up $12.55 more million. So now we have the most money available any team ever had heading into free agency... we'll see what happens with all that cap.

Also, here's the transcript of the press conference of Morris and Dominik regarding those releases:

Dominik, Morris Discuss Roster Cuts

By: Charlie Campbell and Jim Flynn

Bucs head coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik discussed Tampa Bay's big roster moves on Wednesday (Cliff Welch)

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers sent shockwaves through One Buccaneer Place Wednesday by releasing five players, 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks, running back Warrick Dunn, wide receivers Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard and linebacker Cato June.

With the exception June, all of the released players are in their 30's. Brooks and Galloway will turn 36 and 38, respectively, this year.

Tampa Bay created at least $9.5 million in salary cap room by releasing Brooks, Dunn, Galloway, Hilliard and June. The Bucs, who are heading in a new direction both offensively and defensively, now have a league-high $65 million in cap room heading into free agency, which begins at midnight on Friday.

Opening statement
Dominik: "Obviously decisions like these are extremely difficult for any NFL franchise. We let go of five really special people within our organization. Character, the way they handled the information they received today, only speaks volumes for what they are as players and as professionals both on and off the football field. I thought Derrick was a consummate professional in dealing with Coach Morris, myself and Joel Glazer. It just shows the class of the men we had to release today. Derrick obviously is one of the greatest Buccaneers of all time. These decisions are tough to make, but it's a decision and it's a direction we feel like we want to head in as a franchise and organization. For us, it's a very difficult day. We wanted to let them and our players know that they are important to us, but it was a decision that we had to make."

Opening statement
Morris: "There's never, ever an adequate time to make these types of decisions. Fortunate, we've been put in the role of being decision makers. We made a big one today. All these guys are great talents and meant a lot to everybody in this building. They have given us a lot and we're thankful for everything they've given us, pro championships, character on and off the field and personally. For myself, I wouldn't be in the position I'm in today if it weren't for these players."

Have you completely closed the door on all five of these players returning, Derrick in particular, or is there a possibility you will bring these players back at a lesser salary?
Dominik: "No, we let each of them know we are going in a different direction, and those men understood that."

You said this was about letting younger players play. At linebacker in particular, are those players on the roster now or are they still to come?
Dominik: "We believe there are players on this roster, linebacker included, that have the opportunity play and compete for a starting job at Sam linebacker and Will linebacker, wide receiver and running back. We believe there some young men already on the roster. As we sit here today, yes, we absolutely feel that way."

Did Derrick Brooks understand the reasons behind the move? Does he feel like he can still play in this league?
Morris: "We're not here to speak for Derrick Brooks. What Derrick Brooks feels he can do. Today we're hear to let you know what is going on in terms of what we've done and the decision we've come to. Derrick Brooks, at a later date, I'm sure will address all of you."

Is releasing Derrick Brooks a career-ending move?
Morris: "We can't answer that. What we do know is Derrick was a pro and he handled it like a pro, just like everyone in this room would expect him to. That's what we do know."

What didn't you see on film from Derrick Brooks and the others, and what was your evaluation that led to these decisions?
Dominik: "It's a direction. I'm not a big fan of the rebuilding word, but in a way we did today and in a direction we want to head. It wasn't necessarily what Derrick Brooks and Cato June couldn't do, it was more about the direction we want to head with the guys that are currently on the roster and the guys we'll add here over the next few months."

What possessed you to go into that direction?
Dominik: "Today really isn't about what we're looking for in the future in terms of free agency, it's more about letting you know that we let some great individuals go. Warrick Dunn, the way he has been on and off the field, is truly amazing. Ike spent a lot of time in the National Football League and he caught a lot of passes and touchdowns for the Buccaneers. These guys won us a lot of football games. Cato June came here and made an instant impact with the franchise. Joey Galloway sparked us with three 1,000-yard seasons. It's not an easy day."

Follow-up on Dominik's comments
Morris: "They have to possess some of the qualities of the men we just let go of today. No knock on these men, but we're looking for men like them to carry us into this new decade."

What was the timing? Why now and not earlier?
Dominik: "With free agency looming, out of respect to the players we felt like it was only fair to them to let them go now. Why not earlier? We wanted to make sure we were making the right decisions. We sat around as a staff and organization, Raheem and myself, and collectively talked about it through the combine. We wanted to make sure this was the right decisions and direction because these were not easy decisions. All five of these decisions were difficult to make."

How much money did you save?
Dominik: "It wasn't even a financial decision. I haven't even look at that because these were not financial-related decisions."

Did the new coordinators have a say in these moves?
Morris: "The decision makers are sitting in front of you today. We value everyone's opinion in the building and we talk to everyone in the building. That's our jobs as the decision makers. At the end of the day, Mark and I get together and make decisions."

Can you talk about the void Derrick Brooks leaves from a locker room leadership standpoint, and do you have anybody on the team that can fill his shoes from that standpoint?
Morris: "There is no doubt that a void is created in terms of losing character in terms of what these players meant to the locker room. There is no doubt about that. We do have players in those roles that have to step up. It's a changing of the guard, so to speak. Players like Barrett Ruud. Some of those guys just assume bigger roles. They are stepping into some pretty big shoes. You never replace a guy like Derrick Brooks. You just put people in position and give them an opportunity to do it."

Four of the guys you released were over the agent of 30, but Cato June is only 29. What was the reason for releasing him?
Morris: "This was not a money issue, an age issue or a youth movement. Like Mark said, it's a direction change. It's about where we're going and part of the plan. People will be in place. We have time to do that and show it."

When you say direction, are you talking then more about scheme both offensively and defensively?
Morris: "We're talking about what the Bucs want to look like.

But you said you want to look younger, and June was a younger player.
Morris: "It's not about looking younger. We want to look like our plan. Ronde Barber is not younger and Chris Hovan is not younger. All of these guys are still part of the plan. The guys we released today are not, but we respect them."

Can you expand upon the plan you are talking about?
Morris: "We're going to be a fast, physical football team that consistently competes for championships. Right now we're moving forward. We're going to play some players that have been playing behind some of these guys and let them compete. That's our plan."

How long did you debate this decision, particularly with Derrick?
Dominik: "Coming from the pro department and watching ... I've had a very fortunate career in Tampa Bay. I think Derrick and I walked into this building on the same day back in 1995. I saw every one of his plays and games. For me, I've seen Derrick from 1995 to 2008. That made it very difficult. It was a decision we made over the last few weeks. It did take time because these are tough decisions. We made up our mind a few days ago."

Was there any thought to asking Brooks if he would be comfortable as a backup?
Dominik: "Our mindset was that we made a decision. We felt as an organization and for us, I don't picture Derrick Brooks wearing a hat on the sidelines on Sundays. That is not who Derrick Brooks was, and that is not who Derrick Brooks is. From our mindset that is why we made the decision and said, ‘We're going to go ahead and let you go.'"

Did a public relations backlash like the one felt when John Lynch was cut come into consideration?
Dominik: "I would hope it is not going to be viewed that way. I have a lot of respect for John Lynch just like I have a lot of respect for Derrick Brooks. I hope our fans and our community understand that. We are not delineating between the player that he is on the field and the person that he is off the field, both are very amazing people, for both him and Warrick. For us it wasn't so that we are going to have a public backlash. We understand who Derrick Brooks is. We want him to be a part of the Buccaneer family in the future, and we expect him to be a part of the Buccaneer family in the future. To me Derrick Brooks will always be a Buccaneer. number 55, whenever anybody says number 55 in my mind it will always be Derrick Brooks."

Did Brooks have to be released because his competitive drive keeps him from retiring?
Dominik: "I think a lot of the great players just play. They play and play, that is what makes them have such amazing longevity in their careers. I can't speak for Derrick, but I do see a constant trait among the great players in this league that it is hard to ever step away, but I can't answer for Derrick specifically."

Raheem, is this difficult for you because you envisioned coaching these players when you took the job?
Morris: "Oh, man since I've taken over this job it has been nothing but difficult decisions. They are decisions, and decisions that have to be made based on us moving forward, and us becoming better. You have to make those decisions, and I have to make those decisions, and I can't have a problem making those decisions. The decisions will be judged down the road and I'm willing to deal with that."

Will this team be competitive next year?
Morris: "You always want to feel that you are competitive for a playoff berth any time you step on the grass. We have plenty of time still to build this team up to what we are going to look like next year. We are in that process. Free agency is around the corner. The draft is coming. Then we get to hit training camp."

Will these moves make this team more talented next year?
Dominik: "The idea is to improve the talent on this football team in everything we do. Time will tell I think, but that is our decision and that is the direction we are headed. Again as Coach Morris said, there is not going to be another Derrick Brooks. We are going to have some young men step up and fill those shoes. I expect us to be an explosive football team next year. The changing new direction we are heading I expect us to compete. I think we do have a good core of young players on this football team. Young and old with some veterans mixed in, so I do see us being a competitive football team."

Are you going to be a player in free agency?
Dominik: "Again I appreciate the question but right now that is not what we are hear to talk about today. We'll address free agency when we get into free agency. Today is really about talking about the five men we let go who have over 50 years of NFL experience, that any franchise would have a hard time talking about the decision we felt we needed to make, and the direction that we are going to go with this team. Again I think we are building on some of the men that we already have in the locker room, and we are going to build onto that."

What do you say to the fans that have their doubts?
Morris: "Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Fans should doubt. That is why they are called fans. I have to make them believe. We have to make them believe. That is our job. That is the beauty of our game."

Do these moves speak to big changes at wide receiver and linebacker?
Dominik: "Obviously when you let go of two starting linebackers and you let go reserves they were last year at receiver there is going to be some changes. We still have seven linebackers under contract. We still have six wide receivers under contract. We are going to continue to work on negotiating contracts for our players that are about to hit free agency."

Free agency and the salary cap did not factor into this decision?
Dominik: Zero. It really had nothing to do with this decision."

Should it have had?
Dominik: "No. Why should it? I mean to me we are making decisions that we feel are going to build what we want the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to look like next year, in five years, and in 10 years."

What have you told the remaining players about today's moves?
Morris: "After I spoke with all the men that we let go today. I called a few of our key members, guys who are leaders on this team that I wanted to give a heads up to. I let them know our direction, let them know our plan. They were all willing. They were all ready to go. They are fired up. Not because we let go of guys, but because they have an opportunity. Everybody wants to be Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Ike Hilliard, Joey Galloway. They want to be those guys. They want to be Cato June, so our guys look forward to filling those shoes. That is their competitive nature."

Raheem, what will you tell your grandkids about Derrick Brooks?
Morris: "Derrick Brooks, let's take away from the player part right away. Him as a person, how much he developed me, our Friday talks, an unbelievable man, a role model to us all. Not matter what field we are in. That is what I'd start off with. Then after that we'd talk about some of those splash plays he made."

Any come to mind?
Morris: "Let's say the whole 2002 season. What I remember that season was him driving a truck off the field after winning defensive player of the year. Might be NFL player of the year whatever it was, I was too young to realize it but you are talking about a legend."

Follow-up to Morris' remarks
Dominik: "I would follow that up by saying what he and Warren Sapp basically created. Monte Kiffin and Tony Dungy brought the system, but without he and Warren Sapp, I don't know if there is a Tampa 2 today. So that is what I'll always remember about Derrick Brooks. He is one of the forefathers of the Tampa 2. He will always be linked to the pride that we have and the defense we've had here over the years, and what we are going to try to emulate as we go forward."

I'm still f*cking pissed about Brooks... :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:46 am
Great pick up on Winslow... pending on what they gave up for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 am
It was about time we signed somebody that can improve our team, particularly after all those cuts... So Derrick Ward is our first major signing of the offseason, after reaching a 4 year deal worth $17 million. Pretty nice deal for a 1000+ yards back.

This way, we have Graham, Ward and (maybe) Caddy as our backs for next season, so our running game should be pretty strong.

I'm quite happy with the signing, if you want to know. The front office botched before, but this is a pretty good signing for an offense that need playmakers. Ward is more of a power back that will share carries with Graham, and that's a positive for the team and both of them.

In other news... we signed Niko Kotouvides. Who?. Cutler's best friend in Denver... Just saying...

Finally, I've found this snippet by Haynesworth interesting:

Albert Haynesworth, who signed with the Redskins, admitted in an interview on The Monty Show on Sporting News Radio today that Tampa Bay's housecleaning of veteran players was part of the reason he did not sign with the Bucs.

"That was the one thing looking into it,'' Haynesworth said. "Because we did have both the same money on the table and everybody knows that one [offer] was from Tampa. I looked at the roster of the Redskins and looked at the roster of the Bucs. They cut a lot of starters. I mean they were older guys, but they cut five starters the day before [free agency]. And then you look at the 'Skins and their team wasn't old and it's not young. It's in that middle-age group like my age type of guys. Having all the names that we do that are really good players, even great players, I definitely thought we had a great shot at making a nice run for the playoffs and, hopefully, winning our division and getting deep into the playoffs.''

Haynesworth also said he might have been more inclined to sign with the Bucs if linebacker Derrick Brooks had not been released.

"I felt comfortable with [coach] Raheem [Morris],'' Haynesworth said. "He seemed to be a good person and he's going to be a good coach and I thought they had a lot of upside. But, then, they started whacking people. I guess they wanted to have that fresh, new look and that's what they went for. It didn't really scare me off, but it didn't really help the situation.''

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 am
TMC wrote:It was about time we signed somebody that can improve our team, particularly after all those cuts... So Derrick Ward is our first major signing of the offseason, after reaching a 4 year deal worth $17 million. Pretty nice deal for a 1000+ yards back.

This way, we have Graham, Ward and (maybe) Caddy as our backs for next season, so our running game should be pretty strong.

I'm quite happy with the signing, if you want to know. The front office botched before, but this is a pretty good signing for an offense that need playmakers. Ward is more of a power back that will share carries with Graham, and that's a positive for the team and both of them.

In other news... we signed Niko Kotouvides. Who?. Cutler's best friend in Denver... Just saying...

Finally, I've found this snippet by Haynesworth interesting:

Albert Haynesworth, who signed with the Redskins, admitted in an interview on The Monty Show on Sporting News Radio today that Tampa Bay's housecleaning of veteran players was part of the reason he did not sign with the Bucs.

"That was the one thing looking into it,'' Haynesworth said. "Because we did have both the same money on the table and everybody knows that one [offer] was from Tampa. I looked at the roster of the Redskins and looked at the roster of the Bucs. They cut a lot of starters. I mean they were older guys, but they cut five starters the day before [free agency]. And then you look at the 'Skins and their team wasn't old and it's not young. It's in that middle-age group like my age type of guys. Having all the names that we do that are really good players, even great players, I definitely thought we had a great shot at making a nice run for the playoffs and, hopefully, winning our division and getting deep into the playoffs.''

Haynesworth also said he might have been more inclined to sign with the Bucs if linebacker Derrick Brooks had not been released.

"I felt comfortable with [coach] Raheem [Morris],'' Haynesworth said. "He seemed to be a good person and he's going to be a good coach and I thought they had a lot of upside. But, then, they started whacking people. I guess they wanted to have that fresh, new look and that's what they went for. It didn't really scare me off, but it didn't really help the situation.''

Interesting... i dont blame him skipping the bucs. the bucs dont care for vets. the pats sometimes do a little too much.

i had haynesworth going to the bucs on my bold prediction thingy BTW... i was close.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:43 pm
Ward is a nice signing. I like that deal for them.

Niko is a former Seahawk draft pick. He showed some flashes in his rookie year but what sucks for him is they drafted Lofa Tatupu the following season. He is a solid special teams player however.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 am
bada wrote:Niko is a former Seahawk draft pick. He showed some flashes in his rookie year but what sucks for him is they drafted Lofa Tatupu the following season. He is a solid special teams player however.

Yeah, the team is counting on him to play only on special teams. Other than that, he's only gonna be Barret Ruud's backup.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Niko is a former Seahawk draft pick. He showed some flashes in his rookie year but what sucks for him is they drafted Lofa Tatupu the following season. He is a solid special teams player however.

Yeah, the team is counting on him to play only on special teams. Other than that, he's only gonna be Barret Ruud's backup.

then it is a quality signing provided they are paying him special teams money. Guys like this are an important part of a team. He plays hard and can light people up.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 am
Nice move by the Bucs in signing Angelo Crowell. He was very productive for the Bills (when healthy) and will be a big help in a position of need, after cutting Brooks and Cato June.

Actually, he's expected to replace Cato Juno as our strongside LB, and the team wants Jermain Phillips to move to Derrick Brooks old spot at weakside LB. I kinda like the idea, as Phillips has always been one of our biggest hitters, who had more problems in coverage. He probably has to bulk up a bit, but it helps the LB corps and opens a spot for Piscitelli in the secondary.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm
Any news on the Bucs drafting situation? Where are they looking towards come April?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board