Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 pm
bada wrote:Just wanted to give props to one of my favorite football players of ALL TIME.

former Seahawk great Cortez Kennedy has made the final 15 in Hall of Fame balloting. There are some great names on this years list so I am not sure he makes it in this year but this is his first time making it this far.

I am really hoping he gets in as hands down he is one of the greatest players to ever play the defensive tackle position. Being on a SHITY team for a decade really hurts his awareness factor but the guy was completely unblockable and single handidly kept the Seahawks in games despite seeing more triple teams than I have ever seen in my years watching football.

During his 11 years he was an 8 time pro-bowler and once one defensive player of the year.... on a 2-14 team! Think about that... do you know HOW DOMINANT you need to be to win a player of the year award of a team that only wins 2 games all year! Amazing

Congrats Cortez!!!! Best of luck bro!

haha Defense POY on a 2-14 team is both an phenomenal honor for him, and one of the worst embarrassment for the other 10 guys on the field. Good to see one of ur boys be nominated bada.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm
that year (1992) was amazing watching him play. He just could not be blocked.

The rest of the team was SO INEPT starting with perhaps the worst head coach in NFL history Tom Flores!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:08 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:Just wanted to give props to one of my favorite football players of ALL TIME.

former Seahawk great Cortez Kennedy has made the final 15 in Hall of Fame balloting. There are some great names on this years list so I am not sure he makes it in this year but this is his first time making it this far.

I am really hoping he gets in as hands down he is one of the greatest players to ever play the defensive tackle position. Being on a SHITY team for a decade really hurts his awareness factor but the guy was completely unblockable and single handidly kept the Seahawks in games despite seeing more triple teams than I have ever seen in my years watching football.

During his 11 years he was an 8 time pro-bowler and once one defensive player of the year.... on a 2-14 team! Think about that... do you know HOW DOMINANT you need to be to win a player of the year award of a team that only wins 2 games all year! Amazing

Congrats Cortez!!!! Best of luck bro!

haha Defense POY on a 2-14 team is both an phenomenal honor for him, and one of the worst embarrassment for the other 10 guys on the field. Good to see one of ur boys be nominated bada.

Yeah, it's an amazing achivement, and one we probably won't ever see again. In this era, you just cannot win DPOY on a 2-14 win. People just won't vote for you based on the team's record.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm
So BC head coach Jeff Jagodzinski got fired today. Man would I love him to come in as the Hawks OC over Knapp!

I am totally speculating but his ties to Mora and Ruskell and then coaching Hasselbeck at BC it makes a bit of sense. Also Matt Ryan being a stud does not hurt his chances to look good in NFL eyes.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:48 pm
****!!!!! Adam Scheffler is reporting that Knapp has been named the Seahawks new OC!

Well, at least his offenses historically have always been in the top 10 of the league in rushing, but this does NOT excite me!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:49 pm
bada wrote:****!!!!! Adam Scheffler is reporting that Knapp has been named the Seahawks new OC!

Well, at least his offenses historically have always been in the top 10 of the league in rushing, but this does NOT excite me!

haha as a raider fan, i couldnt be more happy about the signing.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:33 pm
I think is all signaling towards Mora become the HC for next season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:37 pm
xbay wrote:I think is all signaling towards Mora become the HC for next season.

um, he already IS the HC for next season. He signed a contract to become the HC at the start of last season
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:37 pm
bada wrote:****!!!!! Adam Scheffler is reporting that Knapp has been named the Seahawks new OC!

Hey, the Falcons made it to a NFC final game just by running, Bada. Of course, that team had no passing game, but then again, they had Mike Vick as their QB. Who can have an effective passing game with Vick as the focus of the offense?

Maybe having a real QB can help (although there are rumors about the Vikings trying to trade for Hass).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm
TMC wrote:Maybe having a real QB can help (although there are rumors about the Vikings trying to trade for Hass).

those are pretty silly rumors. I mean certainly Hass in not in an untouchable league but I dont see them trading Hass.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:Maybe having a real QB can help (although there are rumors about the Vikings trying to trade for Hass).

those are pretty silly rumors. I mean certainly Hass in not in an untouchable league but I dont see them trading Hass.

Man, Knapp is awful, be prepared for a truly conservative offense. Why do coaches find it necessary to be conservative in all aspects of the game? you don't have to be overly aggressive but why not impose your will on the other team?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:

Man, Knapp is awful, be prepared for a truly conservative offense. Why do coaches find it necessary to be conservative in all aspects of the game? you don't have to be overly aggressive but why not impose your will on the other team?

Well, I am used to it. Already had 10 years of the most conservative coach in the league in Holmgren
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 pm
bada wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:

Well, I am used to it. Already had 10 years of the most conservative coach in the league in Holmgren

I understand that in many cases the personnel isn't there, but the people running the schemes have to be creative enough to maximize their skills. It's such an excuse for teams to just "manage" the game because they don't have the players. Bill Walsh always said that you can scheme offense, meaning that no matter what players you have, you can still have a capable offense by taking advantage of the skills your guys do have.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 am
well TMC, Casey Bradley has been hired as the Seahawks DC. I sure hope you are wrong about him.

One thing that is encouraging is the Monte Kiffen called Mora personally highley recommending him calling him one of the best, young defensive minds around and said that Bradley more than anyone else, helped him weekly with the defensive game plan.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 am
bada wrote:well TMC, Casey Bradley has been hired as the Seahawks DC. I sure hope you are wrong about him.

One thing that is encouraging is the Monte Kiffen called Mora personally highley recommending him calling him one of the best, young defensive minds around and said that Bradley more than anyone else, helped him weekly with the defensive game plan.

:dontknow: You can only hope he wasn't the one helping with the defensive game plan of our last 4 weeks. :wink:

Nah, really, I hope he turns out to be a successful one in Seattle. I just find odd that the Bucs didn't even try to retain him as a position coach if he's such a bright mind. I mean, the franchise didn't even try to keep him... Maybe there's something personal (and not related to his job) that they didn't like.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board