Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:47 am
Hey Seahawks (well, Bada :wink:),

Theres a classic Seahawks game been uploaded on the sports torrent website I look at...........thought you might want a look =

http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=10605

Dont know who won, so maybe not a good game for Seahawks fans but thought you might like it and want to have it.

Heres the description of it =

NFL Network Classic Games - Bo vs The Boz - Raiders vs. Seahawks - 30/11/1987

Jackson turned in a 221-yard rushing performance on Monday Night Football in 1987 against the Seattle Seahawks. During this game, he ran over Seahawks linebacker Brian Bosworth, who had insulted Jackson and promised in a media event before the game to contain Jackson. He also made a 91-yard run to the outside, untouched down the sideline. He continued sprinting until finally slowing down as he passed through the entrance to the field tunnel to the dressing rooms with teammates soon following...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 am
gee, thanks bigs for posting my worst memory as a hawks fun up until the 2005 Super Bowl! :banghead:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:37 am
bada wrote:gee, thanks bigs for posting my worst memory as a hawks fun up until the 2005 Super Bowl! :banghead:

Ohh...........crap.............I didnt know the result!!! Im sorry. :oops: :wink:

*EDIT* - I just read the description, where I hadnt before, and there are some clues in there that it wasnt the best day for the Seahawks............sorry man. :oops:

Was just a thought.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 am
no worries... just teasing you bro. but in fact this game is one of my more painful memories as a sports fan.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 am
bada wrote:no worries... just teasing you bro. but in fact this game is one of my more painful memories as a sports fan.

Ahh.............again, sorry.

What actually happened? Im intrigued now, or dont you want to talk about it?
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:32 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:no worries... just teasing you bro. but in fact this game is one of my more painful memories as a sports fan.

Ahh.............again, sorry.

What actually happened? Im intrigued now, or dont you want to talk about it?

Bo Jackson ripped the Boz and the rest of the hawks a brand new A Hole
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:19 am
I hate Bo. And it has nothing to do with the Raiders. I just hate Bo.

Although it MAY have something to do with the fact that I'm a Bucs fan... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:54 pm
There are rumors that Rod Marinelli might be coming to Seattle as the DC. I would totally support that. I thought very highly of him as a DL coach at Tampa.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:30 am
bada wrote:There are rumors that Rod Marinelli might be coming to Seattle as the DC. I would totally support that. I thought very highly of him as a DL coach at Tampa.

As a DL coach, he's among the best. It would be a GREAT signing... but his tenure in Detroit has raised questions about his play calling ability. The Lions D was pretty pathetic this year (and also the past one, although not that much), and that's supposed to be his field of expertise.

Still, I think it'd be an improvement over what you have there. The Tampa connection still works in Seattle, it seems... Chuck Darby, Ruskell, Jurevicius, Marinelli... Want Galloway back? :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:44 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:There are rumors that Rod Marinelli might be coming to Seattle as the DC. I would totally support that. I thought very highly of him as a DL coach at Tampa.

As a DL coach, he's among the best. It would be a GREAT signing... but his tenure in Detroit has raised questions about his play calling ability. The Lions D was pretty pathetic this year (and also the past one, although not that much), and that's supposed to be his field of expertise.

Still, I think it'd be an improvement over what you have there. The Tampa connection still works in Seattle, it seems... Chuck Darby, Ruskell, Jurevicius, Marinelli... Want Galloway back? :wink:

Yeah, but he didn't have the play makers on defense to help him. Other than Ernie Sims, they don't have anyone. Leigh Bodden is their starting corner, and he gets beat all the time.

With Seattle, he'd have Tatupu, Trufant, Peterson.... the list goes on. The more the merrier.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:17 pm
Latest news: You know anything about this guy TMC?

It appears Seahawks president Tim Ruskell will continue to stick with his Tampa Bay ties, as Tampa Bay Linebackers coach Casey "Gus" Bradley is reportedly going to interview for the defensive coordinator position with Seattle on Tuesday, the Tampa Tribune is reporting.

Bradley coached linebacker at Tampa Bay for three seasons. Before that, he coached at North Dakota State for 10 seasons, serving time as the team's defensive coordinator. Bradley does not have a contract with Tampa Bay for next season.

No word yet on how the team's interview with Rod Marinelli went today, or how many coaches will be retained from the current coaching staff. Although it appears John Marshall will not be back since the Seahawks are reportedly interviewing candidates for his job.
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm
hey i like Rod Marinelli as a DLine Coach!!!

If Seattle doesn't pick him. sure as hell hope Raiders do.

And anyone who thinks being a Coach and going to DC or DL Coach is a demotion, should think about the fact any coach that has a 0-16 record should really get back to basics, back to his roots and study and focus on what made his name as a Head Coach!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:43 am
bada wrote:Latest news: You know anything about this guy TMC?

Well, for starters, he's been our LBs coach during the last two seasons, not three as the article says. He served as defensive quality control coach the year before.

He was promoted when Joe Barry followed Marinelli to Detroit, applying the Bucs policy of in-house promotion of coaches.

This part you won't like. His contract is over and the team decided to let him go, not really pleased with his job. Larry Coyer was also let go, along with Bob Casullo, our TEs coach. The three of them have been subjects of a lot of criticism due to (alleged) lack of development of players at their respective positions, something I definitely agree with, as the only one that has clearly improved is Barrett Rudd, and I don't think Bradley's job has anything to do with it.

The team is looking at a total revamp of the coaching staff, with only Chucky, Bill Muir (who I personally can't stand) and Raheem Morris (if he's not hired as HC somewhere else, and I hope that's not the case, as he's the only one I'd keep of the current staff) remaining.

One thing that surprises me is that the article talks about Ruskell's ties with the Bucs as a reason to interview Bradley. Which is kinda weird, 'cause Bradley was hired by the Bucs one year after Ruskell signed with Seattle. And if the Bucs are so disappointed with Bradley, seems odd to mention those ties as a reason to bring him in for an interview.

All that means that I wouldn't be too happy about adding him to your coaching staff, Bada. It'd be a great signing if you can get Marinelli. Bradley?, not so much...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am
excellent. Thanks for the inside scoop bro. Yeah, I would be interested in Marinelli. Wonder how his interview went.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 pm
Just wanted to give props to one of my favorite football players of ALL TIME.

former Seahawk great Cortez Kennedy has made the final 15 in Hall of Fame balloting. There are some great names on this years list so I am not sure he makes it in this year but this is his first time making it this far.

I am really hoping he gets in as hands down he is one of the greatest players to ever play the defensive tackle position. Being on a SHITY team for a decade really hurts his awareness factor but the guy was completely unblockable and single handidly kept the Seahawks in games despite seeing more triple teams than I have ever seen in my years watching football.

During his 11 years he was an 8 time pro-bowler and once one defensive player of the year.... on a 2-14 team! Think about that... do you know HOW DOMINANT you need to be to win a player of the year award of a team that only wins 2 games all year! Amazing

Congrats Cortez!!!! Best of luck bro!

Return to Sports Board