Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:26 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:According to Sal Palentonio (or however you spell his name), the Seahawks have been calliing the Eagles "Non-Stop" to try and aquire either McNabb or Kolb.

And offering what exactly???. Because I think both would be quite hard to get, particularly Kolb...

Oh, and I don't think Hass may be feeling too happy about this story.

Yeah, Reid LOVES Kolb. That is HIS pick. To get Kolb, I would think the Seahawks would have to give up something they shouldn't. McNabb... I think they should wait. This will probably be his last year in Philly.

Oh, and I heard about the Marshall news. Sounds like the Broncos want the Seahawks to include their first round draft choice. If I'm a Seahawks fan, I'm like... F that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:36 pm
xbay wrote:Oh, and I heard about the Marshall news. Sounds like the Broncos want the Seahawks to include their first round draft choice. If I'm a Seahawks fan, I'm like... F that.

Well, the fact that they have two gives them some leeway, but I'd be wary to do that, unless the Broncos agree to add something else into the trade.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Oh, and I heard about the Marshall news. Sounds like the Broncos want the Seahawks to include their first round draft choice. If I'm a Seahawks fan, I'm like... F that.

Well, the fact that they have two gives them some leeway, but I'd be wary to do that, unless the Broncos agree to add something else into the trade.

No way are they going to trade the 6th overall pick for him. Which is why they wont sign him to an offer sheet. They are trying to negotiate a sign and trade with Denver for diffferent compensation. Denver has maintained they want that 6th pick and will only respond to an offer sheet. I believe they are bluffing and would take ANY first round pick for him hence the tender offer. Presumably the Seahawks would trade the 14th pick at most.

One interesting ploy the Seahawks could use is to involve a differerent team to either get him for their price of the 14th pick or to force Denver to negotiate.

They could get into talks with a team in the latter part of the first round (say in the 25-32 range) and have THEM sign Marshall to an offer sheet. If Denver does not match, that late pick goes to Denver and Marshall goes to that team. Then Seattle trades the 14th pick to that team for Marshall. Seattle gets Marshall for the 14th pick, the team at the bottom of the draft moves way up in the 1st in exchange for their late round pick, and Denver gets the late round pick.

Perhaps even getting involved with these talks could force Denver to the table as they certainly would rather the 14th over a late 20's pick.

My hope is they eventually can get him for a 2nd and future 4th or something like that. He comes with bagage and does not appear to have a lot of suitors right now.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 pm
Bada . . . What the f happened today with your front office? Trading for & then Signing a backup Quarterback to starter like money (& the dude's never started a game in his life) the name of the guy's escaped me but 10 million for 2 seasons is totally al davis type! Pete carrol is going to be in a lot of trouble if Hasselbeck gets injured n they are forced to play this overpaid commodity <i really think u guys should think about Jimmy Clausen as the Qb of the future>
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 pm
PAWNO wrote:Bada . . . What the f happened today with your front office? Trading for & then Signing a backup Quarterback to starter like money (& the dude's never started a game in his life) the name of the guy's escaped me but 10 million for 2 seasons is totally al davis type! Pete carrol is going to be in a lot of trouble if Hasselbeck gets injured n they are forced to play this overpaid commodity <i really think u guys should think about Jimmy Clausen as the Qb of the future>

It is shocking. I liked Charlie Whitehurst a bit during his Clemson days but he obviously has not played at all so he is a crap shoot. Have to trust the judgement of Carrol and their new GM.

The money is complete non factor. No cap this year so it is irrelevant so if the cap comes back the following year it is one year at 5 mil. Backups in this league get 3.5 mill so this is not crazy. And I get the impression they think he will be a starter.

What I AM upset about is the amount of draft picks we gave up. A drop of 20 slots in the 2nd round AND a third round next year. A bit absurd if you ask me.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:16 pm
PAWNO wrote:<i really think u guys should think about Jimmy Clausen as the Qb of the future>

Clausen? YUCK!!!! Bradford is the only QB who is a 1st round talent in my estimation.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 am
bada wrote:What I AM upset about is the amount of draft picks we gave up. A drop of 20 slots in the 2nd round AND a third round next year. A bit absurd if you ask me.

Me too. I heard really good things about Whitehurst coming from the Chargers staff, but he hasn't played any signigicant downs. I think a 4th rounder (and just that) would have been fair... but the Seahawks deal is just too much.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:37 pm
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:58 pm
bada wrote:Image

If I had any kind of photoshop skills, I'd add your avatar as the next logical step, bro... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm
PAWNO wrote:Bada . . . What the f happened today with your front office? Trading for & then Signing a backup Quarterback to starter like money (& the dude's never started a game in his life) the name of the guy's escaped me but 10 million for 2 seasons is totally al davis type! Pete carrol is going to be in a lot of trouble if Hasselbeck gets injured n they are forced to play this overpaid commodity <i really think u guys should think about Jimmy Clausen as the Qb of the future>

What is interesting about this statement is that you are saying wtf are they doing giving a guy who has never started a game in his life a total of $10 million, yet you are suggesting they should draft clausen with their 6th pick. The 6th pick last year got $42 million with 21 million guaranteed.

Sounds like this investment is WAY less riskier than drafting a QB with a high draft pick.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:15 pm
bada wrote:

What is interesting about this statement is that you are saying wtf are they doing giving a guy who has never started a game in his life a total of $10 million, yet you are suggesting they should draft clausen with their 6th pick. The 6th pick last year got $42 million with 21 million guaranteed.

Sounds like this investment is WAY less riskier than drafting a QB with a high draft pick.
Yeah but Clausen > Whitehurst (in college anyways) and he has +1 year of playing time in NCAA...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:36 pm
JREED23 wrote:
bada wrote:

Yeah but Clausen > Whitehurst (in college anyways) and he has +1 year of playing time in NCAA...

There are several analysts that have said Whitehurst is better than anyone in the draft. I have no way to evaluate that as he had not played. This is just from NFL scouts who are certainly more connected.

I will believe it when I see it, although I dont think it woudl be hard to be better than Clausen cause I dont like him at all. Bradford is the only QB in the draft with potential to be a franchise type guy. After him, I would not even consider another one until about mid-way through round 2
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:15 am
bada wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
bada wrote:

There are several analysts that have said Whitehurst is better than anyone in the draft. I have no way to evaluate that as he had not played. This is just from NFL scouts who are certainly more connected.

I will believe it when I see it, although I dont think it woudl be hard to be better than Clausen cause I dont like him at all. Bradford is the only QB in the draft with potential to be a franchise type guy. After him, I would not even consider another one until about mid-way through round 2
Just going off of college careers, as I, like you, have nothing else to evaluate them from... Clausen, numbers wise, was better...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:55 pm
I just read on pro football talk about pete carroll intentions to bring in former college standout BIG MIKE WILLIAMS . . . Honestly this is just the former USC coach doing his student a favor as there's no contract but just a workout @ a mini camp. Still if u guys land Marshall to go alongside Tj houz & can get BMW in game shape from his current Jamarcus'esque weight of 271 pounds. U may have a dominating wide receiver corps of over 6 foot tall monsters that will give any opposing secondaries nightmares to go along with the refined skills of Carson
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:24 pm
PAWNO wrote:I just read on pro football talk about pete carroll intentions to bring in former college standout BIG MIKE WILLIAMS . . . Honestly this is just the former USC coach doing his student a favor as there's no contract but just a workout @ a mini camp. Still if u guys land Marshall to go alongside Tj houz & can get BMW in game shape from his current Jamarcus'esque weight of 271 pounds. U may have a dominating wide receiver corps of over 6 foot tall monsters that will give any opposing secondaries nightmares to go along with the refined skills of Carson

Also brought in another big pac-10 bust in former U-Dub standout Reggie Williams.

Yeah, nothing lost by bringing them in for a workout although I dont think either will get a camp invite.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board