Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm
Yup, TONS of questions. Wholesale changes to the front office and coaching staff will bring with it a whole lot of questions.

I do really like the staff that Carroll has put together. But this team has many holes on it. But they have a great opportunity having the 6th and the 14th picks in the draft. Lots of options there.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:26 pm
Hm, appears Jeff Ulbrich is going to be coaching special teams under Carroll. I gotta admit, I didn't even know he retired!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 am
xbay wrote:Hm, appears Jeff Ulbrich is going to be coaching special teams under Carroll. I gotta admit, I didn't even know he retired!

Yeah, he will be the assistant to the special teams coach.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:22 pm
New coaching staff of the Seattle Seahawks

Executive Vice President & Head Coach – Pete Carroll
Offensive Coordinator – Jeremy Bates
Defensive Coordinator – Gus Bradley
Quarterbacks – Jedd Fisch
Running Backs – Sherman Smith
Wide Receivers – Kippy Brown
Tight Ends – Pat McPherson
Offensive Line – Alex Gibbs
Assistant Offensive Line – Art Valero
Quality Control/Offensive Line – Luke Butkus
Quality Control/Offense – Dave Canales
Defensive Line – Dan Quinn
Linebackers – Ken Norton, Jr.
Defensive Backs – Jerry Gray
Assistant Defensive Backs – Kris Richard
Quality Control/Defense – Rocky Seto
Special Team Coordinator – Brian Schneider
Special Teams Assistant – Jeff Ulbrich
Head Strength & Conditioning – Chris Carlisle
Assistant Strength & Conditioning – Mondray Gee
Assistant Strength & Conditioning – Jamie Yanchar

I love Gibbs, Norton and Gray on the staff!
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 pm
Congratulations to Jerry Rice making the hall of fame.. Is this the 1st Seattle Seahawks inducted? Cause apart from there Mid 2000's dynasty, it's actually been a pretty pathetic Organization.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm
PAWNO wrote:Congratulations to Jerry Rice making the hall of fame.. Is this the 1st Seattle Seahawks inducted? Cause apart from there Mid 2000's dynasty, it's actually been a pretty pathetic Organization.

Couple things here...

1st Jerry Rice is NOT a Seahawk any more than John Randle (also inducted today) is. Although at least Randle had a few good year left when he joined us rather than that Ass Hat Rice.

The only TRUE Hawk HOF'er is Steve Largent. The ORIGINAL Jerry Rice. I say that because when he retired, he held nearly every WR record that Jerry later broke.

Others with some Seahawk histories beside Jerry Rice and John Randle that are HOF'ers are:

Carl Eller, Franco Harris, and Warren Moon

Yes, they have been rather dreadful. Yet, in their 33 years of existance, they have two less regular season win than the Raiders. So much for that rich Raider tradition of excellence.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:34 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Congratulations to Jerry Rice making the hall of fame.. Is this the 1st Seattle Seahawks inducted? Cause apart from there Mid 2000's dynasty, it's actually been a pretty pathetic Organization.

Couple things here...

1st Jerry Rice is NOT a Seahawk any more than John Randle (also inducted today) is. Although at least Randle had a few good year left when he joined us rather than that Ass Hat Rice.

The only TRUE Hawk HOF'er is Steve Largent. The ORIGINAL Jerry Rice. I say that because when he retired, he held nearly every WR record that Jerry later broke.

Others with some Seahawk histories beside Jerry Rice and John Randle that are HOF'ers are:

Yes, they have been rather dreadful. Yet, in their 33 years of existance, they have two less regular season win than the Raiders. So much for that rich Raider tradition of excellence.

Ok cheers for the feedback bada..

Whilst your team has never had a dominating dynasty like Raiders, i can attribute the 2 less regular season wins to the seahawks to there excellence at mediocracy...

I wont deny the fact the Raiders have stunk (7 years or so since the BUCS vs RAIDERS Superbowl) and they sucked during the Late 80's and Mid 90's... But i think you can acknowledge that when they weren't sucking they were the most dominate team in all of football.

As for the 3 original Hall of Famers from Seattle :D Cool, i was just baiting ya bro for some football banter, I acknowledge that Al Davis has a lot or Raiders in the Hall of Fame purely cause he got them on the downside of there careers (Woodson, Rice etc) But it's Al's god given right to do that cause he termed the phrase "Raider Mystique" (someones trash is another mans treasure) ... I'm pretty sure the next born and bread raider to be inducted into the HOF will be Tim Brown and then followed by Charles Woodson (some 5 years after the dude decides it's time)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:24 am
bada wrote:

Couple things here...

and about as many championships :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am
JOEL wrote:
bada wrote:

Couple things here...

and about as many championships :mrgreen:

Joel, you might want to remind some people when that was cause most people on this board were not even alive the last time the Raiders won a championship.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 pm
So my sources within the Broncos Organization are reporting that Branden Marshall is headed out to Seattle to gauge the likelyhood of signing with the Seahawks. This would be a fabulous upgrade for Seattle with Matt Hasselbeck never Ever having a wide receiver corps of this magnitude <Tj houz>, but Pete Carrol needs to fix that Oline before i'm ready to call Seattle a contender for nfc west. The Oline has a great coach in Alex Gibbs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm
PAWNO wrote:So my sources within the Broncos Organization are reporting that Branden Marshall is headed out to Seattle to gauge the likelyhood of signing with the Seahawks. This would be a fabulous upgrade for Seattle with Matt Hasselbeck never Ever having a wide receiver corps of this magnitude <Tj houz>, but Pete Carrol needs to fix that Oline before i'm ready to call Seattle a contender for nfc west. The Oline has a great coach in Alex Gibbs.

Yes, he will arrive in Seattle tomorrow. Provided they dont give up the 6ht pick and prefereably not the 14th pick, I am ALL for this.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:So my sources within the Broncos Organization are reporting that Branden Marshall is headed out to Seattle to gauge the likelyhood of signing with the Seahawks. This would be a fabulous upgrade for Seattle with Matt Hasselbeck never Ever having a wide receiver corps of this magnitude <Tj houz>, but Pete Carrol needs to fix that Oline before i'm ready to call Seattle a contender for nfc west. The Oline has a great coach in Alex Gibbs.

Yes, he will arrive in Seattle tomorrow. Provided they dont give up the 6ht pick and prefereably not the 14th pick, I am ALL for this.

Comes with baggage, but with the right staff and help, it's a GREAT deal for the Seahawks. The only problem with the Seahawks is injuries.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:27 am
bada wrote:

F*ck... I sooooo wanted him for the Bucs. But, being real, they just decided to let go Bryant for being a distraction, so they probably ain't even considering trading for Marshall.

I've got a bad feeling that they may invest the 3rd overall pick in Dez Bryant if both McCoy and Suh are not available...

Oh, well, back to topic, it'd be a great signing for the Seahawks, as long as it doesn't involve their #6 pick. Hous is getting old, Burleson is gone... they really need someone like Marshall right now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 am
According to Sal Palentonio (or however you spell his name), the Seahawks have been calliing the Eagles "Non-Stop" to try and aquire either McNabb or Kolb.

I would not mind either but Kolb would be ideal but dont think Phily would give him up. Both are better fits for Carrolls version of the WCO that features a bit more downfield passing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 am
bada wrote:According to Sal Palentonio (or however you spell his name), the Seahawks have been calliing the Eagles "Non-Stop" to try and aquire either McNabb or Kolb.

And offering what exactly???. Because I think both would be quite hard to get, particularly Kolb...

Oh, and I don't think Hass may be feeling too happy about this story.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board