NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:16 am
bigstrads wrote:
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:xbay, you created a pickem topic right when I split the threads. Oops! Was not sure how to merge them back so I just deleted your other thread and made this one a sticky.

ah, the downside of having multiple mods :(


It's cool. How'd you manage to only take out the picks and standings posts from the NFL Thread and not include some other news posts and other info like that?


Cuz hes THAT good. :wink:


Yep. Also, there's a button labeled "split topic" that helps. :wink:

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 am
As i promised, i will do an imaged center pickup week. Rob or pawno or tmc (one of u three) re-assured me on this great idea, therefore i will conquer it.

Anyways, i got a 2 hour gap between a class and this study for my university that's gonna pay me to play video games (which sounds cool), so that should give me ample time to find images. However, what should I do?

I'll let you vote (cuz election spirit) on what images i should use:
A. which team has the hotter cheerleaders
B. Which head coach makes the most ridiculous reactions
C. Halloween Ed.: Which stadium/team have the wackiest home fans and cool costumes

You Vote, U decide, on how you guys want to be even more behind on the pick-ems this week. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
TALLY
Option A. 0 votes
Option B. 1 votes
Option C. 1 votes
Last edited by Mr. Crackerz on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:00 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:As i promised, i will do an imaged center pickup week. Rob or pawno or tmc (one of u three) re-assured me on this great idea, therefore i will conquer it.

Anyways, i got a 2 hour gap between a class and this study for my university that's gonna pay me to play video games (which sounds cool), so that should give me ample time to find images. However, what should I do?

I'll let you vote (cuz election spirit) on what images i should use:
A. which team has the hotter cheerleaders
B. Which head coach makes the most ridiculous reactions
C. Halloween Ed.: Which stadium/team have the wackiest home fans and cool costumes

You Vote, U decide, on how you guys want to be even more behind on the pick-ems this week. Enjoy!


HAHA... I'm torn on this one. I'd go with cheerleaders, but the costumes one sounds fitting at this time of the year.

So... the head coach edition. :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:25 am
Here is my vote, for the next three weeks go in order form C to A. You gotta go Halloween edition man, Halloween is tomorrow. Then go with the coach thing the next week. Then for those two weeks, gather up some pictures to back up your argument on cheerleaders

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:30 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Here is my vote, for the next three weeks go in order form C to A. You gotta go Halloween edition man, Halloween is tomorrow. Then go with the coach thing the next week. Then for those two weeks, gather up some pictures to back up your argument on cheerleaders


i like ur thinking rob!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:13 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:As i promised, i will do an imaged center pickup week. Rob or pawno or tmc (one of u three) re-assured me on this great idea, therefore i will conquer it.

Anyways, i got a 2 hour gap between a class and this study for my university that's gonna pay me to play video games (which sounds cool), so that should give me ample time to find images. However, what should I do?

I'll let you vote (cuz election spirit) on what images i should use:
A. which team has the hotter cheerleaders
B. Which head coach makes the most ridiculous reactions
C. Halloween Ed.: Which stadium/team have the wackiest home fans and cool costumes

You Vote, U decide, on how you guys want to be even more behind on the pick-ems this week. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
TALLY
Option A. 0 votes
Option B. 1 votes
Option C. 1 votes


C to A in the next three weeks. Good idea, Rob. This week, you're probably picking the Raiders to win... because we all love how they dress. Next week, you're probably picking the Niners to win because Singletary pulled his pants down to illustrate how humiliating their as$es were getting whooped. After that... well, it's all up to you. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:28 pm
I'm unsure how often I'll be on this weekend due to all the Halloween parties and birthday parties going on for me, so I'll post my picks now.

Jets @ Bills - Since Farve has had an up and down season, they're coming off a win, and the Bills are coming off a loss, I'll take the previous losing team.

Lions @ Bears - Yeah, Detroit is that bad.

Jaguars @ Bengals - Yeah, Cincy is that bad.

Ravens @ Browns - I think Anderson will come back to earth here against a tougher defense.

Bucs @ Chiefs - Bucs can't afford to lose, the NFC South is still pretty tight.

Texans @ Vikings - I'll take the better overall offense.

Cardinals @ Rams - Looks like Jackson may not play. Even if he does, he won't be at full strength.

Packers @ Titans - I think if the Packers stay focused, they have the upset. But for now, I'll take the tough defense with a solid run game.

Dolphins @ Broncos - Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams should run wild, but since the Broncos are home, I'll take them.

Cowboys @ Giants - Until Romo comes back, they ain't winning this one.

Falcons @ Raiders - Last week, the Raiders were humiliated by a rookie QB and were ran over by an okay RB. I think this week will be different, but they'll still lose.

Eagles @ Seahawks - Getting that second win gave them a sigh of relief... 'til they met the Eagles. Plus, the Eagle is the national bird of this country and not a Hawk.

Patriots @ Colts - MUST WIN for the Colts or else they're in danger of not making the playoffs.

Steelers @ Redskins - Tough call, but I'll take the Steelers.
Last edited by xbay on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm
xbay wrote:I'm unsure how often I'll be on this weekend due to all the Halloween parties and birthday parties going on for me, so I'll post my picks now.

Jets @ Bills - Since Farve has had an up and down season, they're coming off a win, and the Bills are coming off a loss, I'll take the previous losing team.

Lions @ Bears - Yeah, Detroit is that bad.

Jaguars @ Bengals - Yeah, Cincy is that bad.

Ravens @ Browns - I think Anderson will come back to earth here against a tougher defense.

Bucs @ Chiefs - Bucs can't afford to lose, the NFC South is still pretty tight.

Texans @ Vikings - I'll take the better overall offense.

Cardinals @ Rams - If Jackson plays, Rams win. If he doesn't, they lose.

Packers @ Titans - I think if the Packers stay focused, they have the upset. But for now, I'll take the tough defense with a solid run game.

Dolphins @ Broncos - Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams should run wild, but since the Broncos are home, I'll take them.

Cowboys @ Giants - Until Romo comes back, they ain't winning this one.

Falcons @ Raiders - Last week, the Raiders were humiliated by a rookie QB and were ran over by an okay RB. I think this week will be different, but they'll still lose.

Eagles @ Seahawks - Getting that second win gave them a sigh of relief... 'til they met the Eagles. Plus, the Eagle is the national bird of this country and not a Hawk.

Patriots @ Colts - MUST WIN for the Colts or else they're in danger of not making the playoffs.

Steelers @ Redskins - Tough call, but I'll take the Steelers.



funny how xbay thinks he is posting "early" cuz parties this weekend, when really, he usually puts his picks up Tuesday! lol jks

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:As i promised, i will do an imaged center pickup week. Rob or pawno or tmc (one of u three) re-assured me on this great idea, therefore i will conquer it.

Anyways, i got a 2 hour gap between a class and this study for my university that's gonna pay me to play video games (which sounds cool), so that should give me ample time to find images. However, what should I do?

I'll let you vote (cuz election spirit) on what images i should use:
A. which team has the hotter cheerleaders
B. Which head coach makes the most ridiculous reactions
C. Halloween Ed.: Which stadium/team have the wackiest home fans and cool costumes

You Vote, U decide, on how you guys want to be even more behind on the pick-ems this week. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
TALLY
Option A. 0 votes
Option B. 1 votes
Option C. 1 votes


C to A in the next three weeks. Good idea, Rob. This week, you're probably picking the Raiders to win... because we all love how they dress. Next week, you're probably picking the Niners to win because Singletary pulled his pants down to illustrate how humiliating their as$es were getting whooped. After that... well, it's all up to you. :wink:


haha oh man, i thought about singletary and the whole pants thing just now in the car. I was like "hmmmm maybe i should do the coach this this week, so i can avoid the picture". But the more i think of it, the costume one is prolly very fitting. Therefore,, expect some picks (and pics) via google's help soon. props to myself on thinking that one :mrgreen:

oh and i guess u voters too.... nah, u guys were useless!
:withstupid:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 pm
I have another name for this week 'The Animals Battle'....

N.Y Jets - Buffalo....It's time T.Edward learn something from Favre.

Jaguars - Bengals...Big cats family fight each other and the winner is Bengals :D (1st animal battle)

Raven - Brownie....Good run defense but Brownie not that stupid, they will use B.Edwards for TDs.

Texans - Vikings....It's all about A.P

Lions - Bears...this is not a teddy bear...(2nd animal battle)

Bucs - Chiefs....Herm edwards (K.C head coach)learn something from singletary "Can't win it....can't make it...can't do it"

Cardinals - Rams....S.Jax play for W's not Rams...(3rd animal battle)

Green Bay - tennessee...Sorry titans...7 is enough.

Dolphin - Broncos...Fukkk, Sugarman is back.Doctor said he is healthy... :banghead: (4th animal battle)

Cowboy - Giants...It's cowgirl play this week...

Eagles - Seahawk...Kevin Curtis catch his 1st TD.(5th animal battle)

Atlanta - Image Russell throw his first 3 TD .

Patriots - Indy...Reggie wayne said "U are overrated , Randy Moss"


Pittsburgh - Washington...Willie Parker is back but his 2 TD can't help the team win....


Just Win, Baby
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:15 am
From now on, I'll just update the first post of this thread instead of continuously posting the standings each week. So if you want to know you're current record after the week, just go to the first post.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:09 am
xbay wrote:From now on, I'll just update the first post of this thread instead of continuously posting the standings each week. So if you want to know you're current record after the week, just go to the first post.


That's what I was doing in the other thread. It's better to do it that way, particularly now that we have one thread only for the contest. Much easier than having to look for it through the thread.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:17 am
GSW United wrote:
Atlanta - Image Russell throw his first 3 TD .


Gee every week i look for GSW uniteds praying gif animation to see if he picks the Raiders

But he saved that for the Bengals upset...

Oh well least i know of one participent i'll be beating this season!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:19 am
Sun. Nov. 2
Jets @ Bills- Brett Favre will have more poise in the 4th Quarter then Trent Edwards.

Lions @ Bears- Bears looking like the same ole Strong Bears Defense but with a real option at Quarterback in Orton, Gone are the days when you’d close your eyes and bow your head when Grossmen was lined up under center.

Jaguars @ Bengals- Still looking for that elusive 1st win… Bengals gonna have to wait another week.

Ravens @ Browns- Ravens will have to do a better job on D Anderson or B Quinn compared to the Raiders last week because the Browns Quaterback has options in Winslow and Edwards

Bucs @ Chiefs- Herm Herm Herm… the locker room Germ Germ Germ.

Texans @ Vikings- Adrian Peterson show continues!!!

Cardinals @ Rams- 2 Dome teams, battling it out… I’m going with the Greatest show on Turf in this game.

Packers @ Titans- Titans running game is dominate…. Could this be the year where they advance in a AFC championship Game?

Dolphins @ Broncos- Jay Cutler, back to business in Mile High

Cowboys @ Giants- Eli is tough, I really thought this team would be less with the departures of Shockey and Gibril Wilson, but they look as strong as ever… Cowboys will want Romo back healthy and PRONTO

Falcons @ Raiders- DeAngelo Hall gets his former team at his new digs… going up against a Rookie Quarterback, Whilst everyone last week predicted the Raiders to eat Joe Flacco alive and it didn’t eventuate… I think DeAngelo Hall takes this chip on the shoulder and the Raiders D gets the big plays that lead to the Raiders win on the day.

Eagles @ Seahawks- Brian Westbrook return gives this Eagles outfit legitimate shot at going deep in the NFC Playoffs.

Patriots @ Colts- Peyton Manning at home…. He and the Colts will want this win more then anything going up against there Big Game Rivals in the Patriots.

Mon. Nov. 3

Steelers @ Redskins- Kind of hard seeing Steelers winning this game in Washington with so many weapons on the Redskins offense.. but the real Monday Night rivalry is gonna be all about Obama vs McCain & Batista vs Jericho!!!

Byes: Panthers, Saints, Chargers, 49ers – Singletary wins the bye week for dropping his pants and showing the Niners the reality of living in San Francisco.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:57 am
NY Jets at Buffalo - Bills win this game by at LEAST 7pts

Detroit at Chicago – You gotta think eventually Detroit wins a game. But I am not going to pick them on the road against a good defense.

Jacksonville at Cincinnati – Same thing here, eventually Cincy wins a game but with Fitzpatrick at their QB, maybe not.

Baltimore at Cleveland – Maybe Cleveland is starting to turn it around. This one should go down to the wire but Cleveland wins.

Tampa Bay at KC – Tampa’s D and running game will be too much.

Houston @ Minnesota – Wonder what impact the positive drug tests for the Williams’ will be. I think they will be motivated and Minny wins.

Arizona @ St Louis - Still don’t trust St. Louis too much and Arizona can just score too much

Green Bay @ Tennessee – Great game. Green Bay has had two weeks to prepare while Tenn is coming off a huge rivalry divisional game and they may have a let down. Tenn is the better team but I am picking an upset

Miami at Denver – Only because Invesco is a tough place to play

Dallas at NY Giants – Giants look like the most complete team in the league right now

Atlanta at Oakland - Atlanta favored by 3 on the road. WOW. Did not think I would see Atl as a road favorite this year. I will go with Vegas on this one

Phily at Seattle – No Hass, no Branch, and now no Patrick Kerney. Just too many injuries. Home field will not be enough (even with me in attendance!)

New England at Indy – Indy gets a win they HAVE to have.

Pittsburgh at Washington - HUGE game for our nation. This has held true for the past 17 presidential elections that ff the Redskins win their last home game prior to Election Day, the party that won the popular vote in the previous election wins the White House; if the Redskins lose, the party that lost the popular vote in the previous election wins. In this Monday's case, a Steelers win would forecast an Obama victory; a Redskins win would indicate a McCain win. GO STEELERS! MORE THAN A FOOTBALL GAME ON THE LINE HERE
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron