NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 pm
btw, McNabb called. He wants to know if it's in the rulebook to repeat the pick'em if TMC doesn't win. 8)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 pm
So i hope no one forgets the pickems.... they start on thursday. Heres my picks for the thursday game, and i will do my other one's later.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh This **** is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZx3ZH7GUtE[/youtube]
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 pm
Hey mods, i put in the wrong thread(NFL thread) can u guys move my pick to this forum...thx..
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - I guess teams that tie get rewarded to play on the NFL Network. JK.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:35 pm
oke...this is my picks for this week....and I just became an Eagle this morning (oath ceremony as citizen of EAGLE)

Image STEELERS

Image BROWNIE

Image...[img]KANSAS%20CHIEFS[/img]

Image [img]PATRIOTS[/img]

Image JETS

Image EAGLES

Image COWBOYS

Image BUCS

Image VIKINGS

Image BEARS

Image RAIDERS

Image ATLANTA

Image Giants

Image SEAHAWK

Image COLTS

Image SAINTS

well, i like to pick bad teams to win the games, it can help me or kill me.
JUST WIN, BABY
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:20 am
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.- Come on. You gotta be kidding. This gotta be the Mr. Irrelevant of NFL games this season... well, now that I think of it, a Cincy at Detroit game would be MUCH worse.

Panthers @ Falcons- Carolina will need to start passing the ball much better or they'll lose lots of games til the end of the season. The worst part of their schedule is still to come.

Eagles @ Ravens- Westbrook is banged up and McNabb is playing his last games as an Eagle. The Ravens lost easily against the best team of the NFL, but that shouldn't happen again against Philly.

Texans @ Browns- Brady Quinn hasn't done much yet, but the Browns look like a different team already.

Niners @ Cowboys- This game couldn't come at a better time for Dallas.

Bucs @ Lions- Our running game worries me. No Graham means Warrick Dunn will be the feature back, with Askew probably getting the short yardage carries. That, and our D, still should be enough to beat one of the worst run Ds of the league. I just hope the injury woes stop here.

Vikings @ Jaguars- The Vikings season might be over if they lose two consecutive games on the road. I think AP will have a big game and will lead his team to the win. That is, if Childress doesn't sit him again for the final drive.

Bills @ Chiefs- The KC home court decides this one.

Patriots @ Dolphins- The Dolphins are much better than expected, but their offense still needs a lot of work. I don't think it'll be enough to beat the Pats.

Bears @ Rams- The Dallas comment can fit Chicago like a glove.

Jets @ Titans- I'm calling shocker of the week on this one. The Jets are running the ball much better, and that takes a lot of pressure off Brett Favre.

Raiders @ Broncos- The Broncos just have too many weapons on offense.

Giants @ Cards- Good game. This one will give us a true measure of the Cards offense. If they can move the ball with ease against the Giants, that will be a good guide of what they can do on the playoffs. Still, I'm picking the Giants here against the Cards D.

Redskins @ Seahawks- Seattle is already planning for next season.

Colts @ Chargers- LT and the Chargers face their last chance to recover. If they lose this one, they're done.

Packers @ Saints- The Saints offense, even with all the injuries they have had, it's a pretty formidable one. Their D, as always, isn't. I still think they'll be able to get the win at home, but it'll be close.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:07 am
Thu. Nov. 20th
Bengals @ Steelers- One way to cage the animal... is stick em in the Steel Curtain.

Sun. Nov. 23rd
Panthers @ Falcons- This Game is big on so many levels in the NFC EAST. going with the Diirty Birds on this one.

Eagles @ Ravens- The Birds matchup... I like Eagles in a tough battle of 2 great D's

Texans @ Browns- Brady Quinn just enough spark to get over the line.

Niners @ Cowboys- God i'd love to see a Niners receiver bust out a T.O impersonation and stomp on that star logo... not gonna happen though.. Niners only good for field goals in this game.

Bucs @ Lions- Calvin Johnson kept quiet on the fantasy tip in this game. No Touchdowns and no triple digits receivings. Bucs D is that good.

Vikings @ Jaguars- Jaguars at home

Bills @ Chiefs- Oh 2 great young Quarterbacks in a good ole Midwestern shootout. Hmm... Cheifs... But not by much.

Patriots @ Dolphins- Patriots inflict the kind of pain on Dolphins like Ronnie Brown did in week 3.

Bears @ Rams- Matt Forte runs this game home for the Bears W

Jets @ Titans- Wow... Titans gotta lose 1 game. Brett is old school enough to do it and do it right!!!

Raiders @ Broncos- Shannarat... will he or wont he throw to Asomugha. I expect Jay Cutler to have a tougher day at the office now that DeAngelo Hall aint there covering.

Giants @ Cards- Giants win this one.

Redskins @ Seahawks- Clinton Portis... won't have issues running all over this Defense.

Colts @ Chargers- The Colts look for revenge from there playoff elimination last year and what a way to seek revenge against possibly the worst pass defense in the league.

Mon. Nov. 24th
Packers @ Saints- Drew Brees at home... this games a gimmie
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 am
xbay, question for you.

Going into last week, I had a 7 game lead over you but now I only have a 5 game lead but yet we only had one pick that was different (cards vs seahawks). How did you pick up 2 games on me?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:52 am
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.- Hard game for Pitt to get motivated for but some Bengals talking about going after Hines will give them the charge they need. Don’t see a let down in this one.

Panthers @ Falcons- What happened to Delhomme. He has been brutal. They got to figure that one out. I will take Falcons at home to control the ground game of the panthers.

Eagles @ Ravens- Against my better judgement, I am taking Phily.

Texans @ Browns- Browns ride the momentum of a huge win last week.

Niners @ Cowboys- Dallas will look like the early season Cowboys in this one.

Bucs @ Lions- If the Lions were not SO atrocious on D, this could be an upset but they ARE that bad on d.

Vikings @ Jaguars- Waiting to see if the Williams boys will be suspended. If they are, I will switch this pick.

Bills @ Chiefs- Bills are falling apart but I think they will get the win here.

Patriots @ Dolphins- NE was HUMILIATED at home by the Dolphins earlier. You know that has kept Bill B up for weeks. He will want revenge.

Bears @ Rams- Are the Rams really an NFL team?

Jets @ Titans- Titans will eventually lose, and it COULD happen this week but I will play it a bit conservative with my lead and not try to pick this upset.

Raiders @ Broncos- Never sleep on Shannahan vs the Raiders.

Giants @ Cards- Giants go up by 17 pts by the end of the 3rd qtr and hold on to win by 7-10.

Redskins @ Seahawks- Zorn and Alexander return to Qwest. Unfortunately, Hawks have packed it in

Colts @ Chargers- Colts are playing more like the Colts now and Chargers are a mess.

Packers @ Saints- Very close game but Saints score with under 3min left to win the game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:33 pm
bada wrote:xbay, question for you.

Going into last week, I had a 7 game lead over you but now I only have a 5 game lead but yet we only had one pick that was different (cards vs seahawks). How did you pick up 2 games on me?

haha we got our own xbay-gate... haha j/p. but i havent checked how many wins or loss i have, or with u guys, plus i think xbay prolly made i calculation error.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Not sure. Probably a calculation error like Crackerz said. It's tougher than it seems to view over everyone's pick and add them to the standings. I don't know how many times I've made an error this year, but I do know I can't count them all on one hand.

EDIT;

This is tough. I tried to go back to the latest update of standings I posted before I started editing the first page, and while it seemed your lead is about right to where it currently stands, the amount of games picked were off compared to all the other people. I'll try this again later. If someone could help me, though... that'd be great. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 pm
xbay wrote:

Not sure. Probably a calculation error like Crackerz said. It's tougher than it seems to view over everyone's pick and add them to the standings. I don't know how many times I've made an error this year, but I do know I can't count them all on one hand.

EDIT;

This is tough. I tried to go back to the latest update of standings I posted before I started editing the first page, and while it seemed your lead is about right to where it currently stands, the amount of games picked were off compared to all the other people. I'll try this again later. If someone could help me, though... that'd be great. :wink:

how about we all calculate our own games, and do it by the honor system. If someone's calculations are fishy, then we will recount it.

Then i can also keep a tally after, so xbay isnt the only one and if their is confusion from either me or him, we can compare are tallies and not have any doubt.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:48 pm
xbay, no worries bro. Dont want you to have to go back and do all that work. I am fine with just leaving it the way it is.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:12 pm
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.-

Panthers @ Falcons-

Eagles @ Ravens-

Texans- @ Browns

Niners- @ Cowboys

Bucs @ Lions-

Vikings@ Jaguars -

Bills @ Chiefs-

Patriots @ Dolphins-

Bears @ Rams-

Jets @ Titans-

Raiders @ Broncos-

Giants @ Cards-

Redskins @ Seahawks-

Colts @ Chargers-

Packers - @ Saints
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:24 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:

EDIT;

how about we all calculate our own games, and do it by the honor system. If someone's calculations are fishy, then we will recount it.

Then i can also keep a tally after, so xbay isnt the only one and if their is confusion from either me or him, we can compare are tallies and not have any doubt.

Sounds good. And thanks, bada. If everyone can go back to week one and count their win-loss record up until now, that'd be great.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board