NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 pm
Bigs probably would like the cowboys this week too.

(see GSW's picks)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:26 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Bigs probably would like the cowboys this week too.

(see GSW's picks)

haha... Bigs likes cowboys every week!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:32 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Ok, like I have done in the past, i will pick this Thursday's game now, and do my picks, at my regularly scheduled time (Friday early afternoonish). Note, i will give u a hint what my wacky BOLD predictions is about this week.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Top rats win, dawg!)

Enjoy!

cheater cheater pumpkin eater :?:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 pm
JOEL wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Ok, like I have done in the past, i will pick this Thursday's game now, and do my picks, at my regularly scheduled time (Friday early afternoonish). Note, i will give u a hint what my wacky BOLD predictions is about this week.

Enjoy!

lol are u trying to solve my clue joel? If so, then no!

Its tough with one game up,but it will be easier when more games are there. But the Patriots are rats, and having win 3 rings would make then top right? Anyways, im confusing more then helping.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:59 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Enjoy!

lol are u trying to solve my clue joel? If so, then no!

Its tough with one game up,but it will be easier when more games are there. But the Patriots are rats, and having win 3 rings would make then top right? Anyways, im confusing more then helping.

i gave yourclue a stab......so yeahi was trying to solve it....and your right im even more clueless after your helps :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

(see GSW's picks)

that's 3 cowboys are TMC,Miggy,Bigs.....J/K :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:44 pm
GSW United wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

(see GSW's picks)

Debbie doesn't do those DALLAS Cowboys!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
GSW United wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

(see GSW's picks)

Debbie doesn't do those DALLAS Cowboys!!!

You'd be surprised what Debbie does...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 pm
Jets @ Patriots- Pats find a way to win at home against a very good run defense in NY. Cassell will have to win the game against a banged up secondary.

Sun. Nov. 16th
Broncos @ Falcons- Denver BLOWS and Matt Ryan is obviously the real deal.

Lions @ Panthers- Panthers played terrible last week, against a terrible team, on the road and still got the win. They win this one going away

Eagles @ Bengals- Eagles are just much better and need the win.

Bears @ Packers- Do or die for pack

Texans @ Colts- Colts starting to show some swagger.

Titans @ Jaguars- Was going to pick the Jags but it seems to be the trendy pick so I will go the other way.

Saints @ Chiefs– Saints bounce back after a bad performance.

Raiders @ Dolphins- Dolphins are rolling and the Raiders are not.

Ravens @ Giants- Will say it again, the G Men are the most complete team in the league.

Vikings @ Bucs- Going with the home team in a close game

Rams @ Niners- Nasty game but Niners are not AS nasty.

Cards @ Seahawks- I have been waiting for Hass to come back and he is back. Seahawks show some pride after essentially the season ending last week.

Chargers @ Steelers- Man, SD SUCKS.

Cowboys @ Redskins- Going with the boys cause it does not look like Portis will play. Boys get an emotional lift with Romo back.

Mon. Nov. 17th
Browns @ Bills- Edwards bounces back.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 pm
Jets @ Patriots- Patriots at home, I think they'll eek this one out.

Sun. Nov. 16th
Broncos @ Falcons- The Broncos defense is atrocious while Matt Ryan and this Falcons defense have been rolling.

Lions @ Panthers- The Panthers are going to come out banging after last week's disappointing performance.

Eagles @ Bengals- Bengals just suck.

Bears @ Packers- I don't think the return of Orton will change anything since he won't be as mobile, yet.

Texans @ Colts- After two dramatic wins, the Colts still have to keep fighting for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Titans @ Jaguars- Doubt Chris Johnson and LenDale White will have two consecutive bad weeks in a row.

Saints @ Chiefs– Thigpen has revived the passing game while the Saints secondary is ailing... but the Saints can't continue to lose.

Raiders @ Dolphins- The Raiders are dysfunctional, the Dolphins are functional.

Ravens @ Giants- I think despite improved play from Flacco and a suffocating defense, the Giants will bring them back to earth.

Vikings @ Bucs- Just don't think Frerotte can do it against this Bucs defense on the road.

Rams @ Niners- One team feels humiliated, the other feels upset. But once again, Steven Jackson is likely out, so there goes the game for the Rams.

Cards @ Seahawks- Despite the return of Hasselbeck, I think the Cards will continue to show why that the NFC West is their's to lose.

Chargers @ Steelers- Consider this year as the Chargers down fall year. Time for a new coach... told ya Turner isn't fit to be a HC.

Cowboys @ Redskins- If Portis is out, and Romo returns, that's one star for another. So the newly revived Cowboys will start to get back on a roll again.

Mon. Nov. 17th
Browns @ Bills- Quinn has a tougher time this time around against a better defense.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Congrats to TMC, the lone member to choose the Jets to win. Better game from Farve this time around, Patriots came back but Feely was able to bring the Jets home with the GW-FG in OT.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:42 am
xbay wrote:Congrats to TMC, the lone member to choose the Jets to win. Better game from Farve this time around, Patriots came back but Feely was able to bring the Jets home with the GW-FG in OT.

Yep. The Jets are playing their best football when it matters.

And everything would have been much better if not for Thomas Jones and Cotchery scoring their respective TDs, while, of course, I kept Leon Washington in my bench. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:38 pm
BOLD Predictions: Letter swap edition. Rules: One letter has to taken out. Now, it can be replace, by another letter. Simple enough... well not really some are good, some are heavy reaches. enjoy the few good ones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Broncos @ Falcons- (Falconi) almost stopped Batman... he will have no problem with the Broncos.

Lions @ Panthers- Hopefully Detroit fans start making some (Liens) with ownership for guaranteed victory someday, as there bankrupting their fan base.

Eagles @ Bengals- (Bun gals) is a necessity for society, not in the sport of football.

Bears @ Packers- (Pickers) or (Beans)... what is this, West Virginia?

Texans @ Colts- (Cults) are scary... so i wont go against them. there in big numbers. not like the derivative number of 6 with all those (hexans).... nightmares.

Titans @ Jaguars- (Jag cars) are small and powerful... kinda like MJD!

Saints @ Chiefs– (Thiefs) may win short term, but they never win in the long run... Lesson learned stealing (taints) integrity, which is wrong!

Raiders @ Dolphins- The (Haiders) brothers are one of germany's most respected landscapers in modern history. Go to germany to see it... seriously!.... j/k.... i wikipedia this pairing of teams.

Ravens @ Giants- Safe (Havens) in football are those teams in New York. Plus the new stadium for both of them, wont require government (grants)... score one for tax payers.

Vikings @ Bucs- The under appreciative (Bums) will pick their cans for victory...something to their (likings)

Rams @ Niners- (Diners) are great for road trip stops... especially places with fresh (hams).

Cards @ Seahawks- Building the cakes and pies to success in Arizona require a variety (Lards) and shortenings for perfect success.

Chargers @ Steelers- I think I can play for the (Sleepers) cuz i do that in class a lot. I'll be there tomorrow. How many (charters) to Pittsburgh?

Cowboys @ Redskins- Its getting closer to Christmas, time to wrap some (cowtoys) for the FFA members.

Browns @ Bills- (frowns) will occur if that sandwich does not contain (dills) in it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:43 pm
Standings updated, no movement this week. An interesting game between the Bengals and Eagles, for they tied. And I wasn't sure to count it as a loss or tie. I just called it a loss and you can give an argument if you rather have it tie... not that it matters. A tie is basically a loss in this Pick 'Em competition.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:09 am
xbay wrote:Standings updated, no movement this week. An interesting game between the Bengals and Eagles, for they tied. And I wasn't sure to count it as a loss or tie. I just called it a loss and you can give an argument if you rather have it tie... not that it matters. A tie is basically a loss in this Pick 'Em competition.

As you say, it doesn't matter. A tie it's a tie... er, a loss. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board