NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:22 am
RobDIKUM wrote:my question is, how in the hell did you ever win it before? :mrgreen:

I'm quite entertaining... i must give credit to sfsfsfgiants because he was definately my entertaining verbal punching bag in 2007...

But the diffference with Me and Mr Crackerz is that people laugh with him and people just laugh at me :banghead: Whether or not this is a good thing, me don't know.

His like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy (funny guys) me im just like Pauly Shore.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:29 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:my question is, how in the hell did you ever win it before? :mrgreen:

I'm quite entertaining... i must give credit to sfsfsfgiants because he was definately my entertaining verbal punching bag in 2007...

But the diffference with Me and Mr Crackerz is that people laugh with him and people just laugh at me :banghead: Whether or not this is a good thing, me don't know.

His like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy (funny guys) me im just like Pauly Shore.

your avatar doesnt help ur cause!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:46 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Pawno speaking the truth!!! :shock:

The world must be coming to its end!Image
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:00 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

:D haha you're the weasel
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:27 pm
things are looking up for this weeks picks. It's time to put ol' GSW in my rearview mirror for good.

just realized we have almost the same exact picks. dammit!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:29 pm
Standings updated... Bada has taken a commanding lead after a 10 win, possibly 11 win week. After two consecutive weeks of being in last, TMC jumped ahead of Pawno by 3 games. After trailing GSW since joining the Pick 'Em, Rob finally jumped ahead.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:05 am
xbay wrote:Standings updated... Bada has taken a commanding lead after a 10 win, possibly 11 win week. After two consecutive weeks of being in last, TMC jumped ahead of Pawno by 3 games. After trailing GSW since joining the Pick 'Em, Rob finally jumped ahead.

I'm just getting serious about this. I've given a fair advantage over me, and now it's time to show who's the boss. 8)

:mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 am
Thu. Nov. 13th
Jets @ Patriots- Spygate- Rivalry for the ages. BB will keep this streak against the Jets alive for awhile

Sun. Nov. 16th
Broncos @ Falcons- Matt Ryan… UNSTOPPABLE
Lions @ Panthers- Black cats beat the King of the Jungle.
Eagles @ Bengals- Eagles will soar in Cincy!!!
Bears @ Packers- Ah one of my favorite Rivalries… The Aaron Rodgers self destruction continues.
Texans @ Colts- Peyton Manning getting his groove back.
Titans @ Jaguars- Jaguars will deliver the Titans 1st Loss. Count on it!!!
Saints @ Chiefs – Tyler Thigpen keeps going with big passing games against a suspectful Saints D.
Raiders @ Dolphins- Raiders in a Tight one.
Ravens @ Giants- Giants are the best team in the league… Period
Vikings @ Bucs- Bucs D can stop the Pass can they stop Adrian Peterson???? I think so.
Rams @ Niners- Tough loss to Cardinals. This game should be easier for the pants droppers
Cards @ Seahawks- Return of Hasselback, No Problem at the NFLS loudest stadium
Chargers @ Steelers- Big Ben big fantasy number against the leagues most disappointing team
Cowboys @ Redskins- Clinton Portis will run that ball, Can Tony Romo find his chemistry

Mon. Nov. 17th
Browns @ Bills- Trent Edwards at home. This will be a Bills victory!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:56 am
Thu. Nov. 13th
Jets @ Patriots- Tough call. The Jets were certainly impressive in their game against the Rams, and seems like they've realized that the less they rely on Favre, the better their offense will fare. As for the Pats, Cassell is improving with each game. Should be a close game, but I think the Jets will take it.

Sun. Nov. 16th
Broncos @ Falcons- Turner, Roddy White, Norwood and Ryan will destroy Denver's non-existant D.

Lions @ Panthers- Culpepper will be much improved after a week to learn (a bit) the offense, but still won't be enough to stop the Panthers.

Eagles @ Bengals- One of those can't lose games for the Eagles.

Bears @ Packers- Is Orton gonna play?. Because if Rex starts again, the Bears are doomed...

Texans @ Colts- Manning and Reggie Wayne keep the Colts competitive.

Titans @ Jaguars- I also believe the Jags will be the first team to defeat the Titans. They always play really hard against them and Mo Jones-Drew is coming from his best game of the year. Should be a good one, and a true test for the Titans offense.

Saints @ Chiefs– The Chiefs did their best last week against the Chargers. They won't play that well again this week.

Raiders @ Dolphins- Ronnie and Ricky will destroy the Raiders with a couple of TDs from the wildcat formation.

Ravens @ Giants- Game of the week. Baltimore is playing some great D lately, but their offense doesn't seem good enough to beat the Giants at home. We'll see.

Vikings @ Bucs- Tough test stopping AP, but I'm confident the D will step up. Problem is, who's gonna step up for our offense?

Rams @ Niners- Ugh. What an awful game to watch. I'll take the Niners to give Singletary his first win.

Cards @ Seahawks- Only reason I'm picking the Seahawks is because they're playing at home against a conference rival... and I'm still unsure about the pick.

Chargers @ Steelers- San Diego's pass D is the best answer for Big Ben's woes.

Cowboys @ Redskins- Another big game by Portis and Moss, who always finds a way to hurt the Cowboys.

Mon. Nov. 17th
Browns @ Bills- Trent Edwards looked like the MVP during the first month of the season. Now he looks like Trent Dilfer. Still, I think they'll take the home win.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:11 pm
Image PATRIOTS

Image FALCONS

Image COLTS

Image...RAIDERS

Image Giants

Image Panthers

Image EAGLES

Image PACKERS

Image SAINTS

Image BUCS

Image 49ers

Image Cardinals

Image Titans

Image Chargers

Image Cowboys

Image Browns

oke guys....those are my winner... :D
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm
Thu. Nov. 13th
Jets @ Patriots- Pats gonna take this one in a letdown by the jets.

Sun. Nov. 16th
Broncos @ Falcons- Broncos in shambles.

Lions @ Panthers- Gonna be a tight one, but Carolina pulls it out.

Eagles @ Bengals- Bengals are awful

Bears @ Packers I still think the Packers are way to inconsistent

Texans @ Colts- Colts are starting to roll a little
Titans @ Jaguars- Jags are just another victim

Saints @ Chiefs– Chiefs are terrible

Raiders @ Dolphins- Disfuntional raiders

Ravens @ Giants- Gonna be some hard hits in this one.

Vikings @ Bucs- Vikings are much like the Packers, inconsistent

Rams @ Niners- Almost had the last one and this time we aren't facing Warner and his bunch

Cards @ Seahawks- Cards aren't great but they are better than seattle

Chargers @ Steelers- San Diego is like the chiefs

Cowboys @ Redskins- Cowboys are Falling!

Mon. Nov. 17th
Browns @ Bills- Browns just can't match up with buffalo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:04 pm
Stealing is a form of Flattery; whether its of ideas, concepts, words, physical objects. Someone steals when they seek something they do not have, and cannot attain it through other matters.

With that said, thanks for flattering me GSW with ur picks style! :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Stealing is a form of Flattery; whether its of ideas, concepts, words, physical objects. Someone steals when they seek something they do not have, and cannot attain it through other matters.

With that said, thanks for flattering me GSW with ur picks style! :mrgreen:

hey crack....ummmm, did GSW steal the cowboy's hat hangers pic as well? :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 pm
Ok, like I have done in the past, i will pick this Thursday's game now, and do my picks, at my regularly scheduled time (Friday early afternoonish). Note, i will give u a hint what my wacky BOLD predictions is about this week.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Top rats win, dawg!)

Enjoy!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:10 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Ok, like I have done in the past, i will pick this Thursday's game now, and do my picks, at my regularly scheduled time (Friday early afternoonish). Note, i will give u a hint what my wacky BOLD predictions is about this week.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Top rats win, dawg!)

Enjoy!

looking forward to your pic sheet bro :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board