NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm
xbay wrote:You can post just the Thursday night game and post your Sunday picks whenever after. Or you can do all at the same time, if you want. I'll stick with one for now.

Broncos @ Browns - Eh... I'm hoping Quinn does well since I'm starting him in one of my leagues, but at the same time, I can't see the Broncos dropping 5 straight.

Xbay, i just noticed, you gotta change your sig to Run N' Gun 7 DUBS deep
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:You can post just the Thursday night game and post your Sunday picks whenever after. Or you can do all at the same time, if you want. I'll stick with one for now.

Broncos @ Browns - Eh... I'm hoping Quinn does well since I'm starting him in one of my leagues, but at the same time, I can't see the Broncos dropping 5 straight.

Xbay, i just noticed, you gotta change your sig to Run N' Gun 7 DUBS deep

Unfortunately, that's true. Wish it really was 10 DUBS deep. With the exception of Monta and replacing him with Watson.

EDIT;

Changed. :banghead:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:45 am
Thu. Nov. 6th
Broncos @ Browns- The Pound rallies behind Brady Quinn… I see this being a offensive powerhouse shootout.

Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- Matt Ryan at home.. with the way Turner has been running I bet the Saints wished Reggie was back for them.

Packers @ Vikings- Packers got the week 1 escape here… not back in the Dome and in Vikings Country.

Rams @ Jets- Brett Favre will have a clinic on the Rams, would love to see Howie Jr get some sacks on Brett.

Bills @ Patriots- Hmm… Trent Edwards is gonna have a harder task this week against the Patriots, my money Is on New England,

Seahawks @ Dolphins- 2 ocean friendly animals… If this was the Pacific Ocean then the Dolphins would have no chance, Fortunately for Miami it’s Atlantic baby.

Titans @ Bears- 2 great D’s, 2 Great Running Games. I’m going with the Bears at home to sneak out a close one.

Jaguars @ Lions- Daunte Culpepper to Calvin Johnson… This is gonna be Jack Del Rio worst own nightmare, The King of the Jungle registers there first win of the season/

Ravens @ Texans- Joe Flacco, the Rookie Quarterback show keeps rolling with that solid D behind him.

Panthers @ Raiders- Getting shut out at home last week. The Nation won’t stand for that and everybody in that locker room wants to give it a better effort for the Worlds Greatest fanbase… I expect the Raiders in a OT thriller.

Colts @ Steelers- The Steelers may have the best Backup QB in the league… I know a ton of teams who’d have Leftwich lining up under center if the situation arised.

Chiefs @ Chargers- Chargers just can’t stop the pass and with an amazing WR in Bowe, well it’s gonna be just another one of those tough days at the office for the BOLTS.

Giants @ Eagles- Eagles at home… I don’t care how good the Superbowl Champions are, when you play a RIVAL like the Eagles you know your gonna have to bring you’re a Game to the city of Brotherly Love.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- If Football was a game of Strip Poker, Mike Singeltary will be in his birthday suit by the time halfway rolls around of this game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 am
Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- Tough game to call. Atlanta is playing really well, and I'm not confident the Saints D can stop Michael Turner. Also, Abraham is playing at MVP level for the Falcons.

Packers @ Vikings- Another tough pick. Berrian is having a monster season, and AP is still a hell of a weapon, but Minny's offense could be really dangerous if they could find some kind of consitency at QB. Still, everybody seems able to score on the Vikings D, so I'm going with the Packers this time.

Rams @ Jets- I hope Donnie Avery has another big game like against the Pats. But the Rams have nothing to play for, while the Jets are in the playoff race and coming from a key win at Buffalo.

Bills @ Patriots- I don't get all the hype surrounding Trent Edwards. He's a good QB, sure, but he's not Jim Kelly yet. Also, the Bills will be without Whitner and Schobel, two key members of their D.

Seahawks @ Dolphins- Amazingly enough, Miami, at 4-4, is not out of the playoffs race (yet). They'll be 5-4 after this game.

Titans @ Bears- It would be a different story if Orton were healthy. As that won't be the case (he's saying he doesn't rule out playing, but I think it's crazy to think he will), I'll stick to the Titans' running game beating the Bears'.

Jaguars @ Lions- I'm picking the Jags because somebody has to win. Jacksonville can't run, Detroit can't play football... Sounds easy.

Ravens @ Texans- The Ravens secondary is in shambles due to injuries but their front seven will be enough to stop Rosenfelds.

Panthers @ Raiders- Next Raiders test, reach 100 total yards on offense in just one game.

Colts @ Steelers- I love the Steelers pass D. Considering that Indy can only move the ball on the air, it will be a loooooong game for Payton.

Chiefs @ Chargers- San Diego is still the best team of that division. Yeah, I said it...

Giants @ Eagles- Game of the week. The Eagles are a good team, but the Giants have won 13 of the past 14 on the road, and they always play hard at Philly. I don't see the Eagles beating them.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- Eh... The Cards must be drooling at the thought of playing the Niners at this point of the season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Thu. Nov. 6th
Broncos @ Browns- The Pound rallies behind Brady Quinn… I see this being a offensive powerhouse shootout.

Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- Matt Ryan at home.. with the way Turner has been running I bet the Saints wished Reggie was back for them.

Packers @ Vikings- Packers got the week 1 escape here… not back in the Dome and in Vikings Country.

Rams @ Jets- Brett Favre will have a clinic on the Rams, would love to see Howie Jr get some sacks on Brett.

Bills @ Patriots- Hmm… Trent Edwards is gonna have a harder task this week against the Patriots, my money Is on New England,

Seahawks @ Dolphins- 2 ocean friendly animals… If this was the Pacific Ocean then the Dolphins would have no chance, Fortunately for Miami it’s Atlantic baby.

Titans @ Bears- 2 great D’s, 2 Great Running Games. I’m going with the Bears at home to sneak out a close one.

Jaguars @ Lions- Daunte Culpepper to Calvin Johnson… This is gonna be Jack Del Rio worst own nightmare, The King of the Jungle registers there first win of the season/

Ravens @ Texans- Joe Flacco, the Rookie Quarterback show keeps rolling with that solid D behind him.

Panthers @ Raiders- Getting shut out at home last week. The Nation won’t stand for that and everybody in that locker room wants to give it a better effort for the Worlds Greatest fanbase… I expect the Raiders in a OT thriller.

Colts @ Steelers- The Steelers may have the best Backup QB in the league… I know a ton of teams who’d have Leftwich lining up under center if the situation arised.

Chiefs @ Chargers- Chargers just can’t stop the pass and with an amazing WR in Bowe, well it’s gonna be just another one of those tough days at the office for the BOLTS.

Giants @ Eagles- Eagles at home… I don’t care how good the Superbowl Champions are, when you play a RIVAL like the Eagles you know your gonna have to bring you’re a Game to the city of Brotherly Love.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- If Football was a game of Strip Poker, Mike Singeltary will be in his birthday suit by the time halfway rolls around of this game.

pawno,ur picks are incomplere....who's winning the bye games?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:14 pm
Thu. Nov. 6th
Broncos @ Browns- Broncos are terrible but I gotta see Brady play before I can pick them. Gotta think Shanahan has something in store.

Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- Ryan has been fantastic but I think Brees leads the Saints to victory.

Packers @ Vikings- Huge rivalry game. Home field helps the Vikes eek out a win.

Rams @ Jets- Brett not having a very good season but the Jets beat the Rams.

Bills @ Patriots- Bills banged up and moral might be taking a hit.

Seahawks @ Dolphins- Cant pick any team led by Seneca Wallace.

Titans @ Bears- Rex is NASTY.

Jaguars @ Lions- Do the Jags have ANY pride? Jack has been a hard ass this week. I think the Jags bounce back.

Ravens @ Texans- Great D against a man named Sage. Easy pick for me

Panthers @ Raiders- If the Raiders were playing host to De LaSalle this week, I would give them the slight edge, however they are playing an NFL team so it wont be close.

Colts @ Steelers- Steelers are playing some amazing defense!

Chiefs @ Chargers- This game will be a BLOWOUT and LT will put up 150+ yards and 2 TD's.

Giants @ Eagles- Giants are the most complete team in the NFL right now. They will find a way to win.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- If Seneca Wallace lit up the Niners, imagine what Warner, Boldin, and Fitz will do.
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:31 pm
i forgot thursday game..but i will skip this one and it still no matter to me.

The title of this week " The Black Out"

Raiders game are black out this week...Al Davis are 'Genius'

he know how to get rid of fans instead of recruiting new fans...

Titan - Chicago...Its Fall season and Bears usually like to sleep.

Jacksonville - Detroit....Because of culPEPPER Lion get berserk this week coz too spicy.

Baltimore - Houston...Yao didn't play and they lost... :drinking:

Buffalo - New England....Uncle moss have another good game.

New Orleans - Atlanta....George W. Bush said as long my step son still hurt (Reggie Bush) SAINTS are going nowhere.

Seattle - Miami....who cares about this game....

Packers - Viking...Jennings shut down AP

St. Louis - Jets....Favre lost his cellphone and St. Louis have no clue how to break Jets DEF.

Carolina - Image....Without Hall at least we still have Raiderettes. :wink:

Indy - Pittsburgh...no QB, its hard to beat Colts.

K.C - Charger....L.T walk for TD

Giant - Philly...Curtis,Brown Back it's problem for Giant

S.F - Cardinals....i hope u wear two pants, mike...'Don't do that ..again' :banghead:

Just Win, Senor
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Brady Quinn looked impressive in his debut as far as stats go. I didn't see the game, I'm looking at the box score.

But a big game from Cutler was the difference, so whoever started Jay this week got big points... 24/42 for 447 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT.

Quinn was 23/35 for 239 yards, 2 TD's.

Bada, myself, and Rob called it right.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 pm
xbay wrote:Brady Quinn looked impressive in his debut as far as stats go. I didn't see the game, I'm looking at the box score.

But a big game from Cutler was the difference, so whoever started Jay this week got big points... 24/42 for 447 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT.

projected 14 points actual points 30 8)
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:13 pm
JOEL wrote:
xbay wrote:Brady Quinn looked impressive in his debut as far as stats go. I didn't see the game, I'm looking at the box score.

projected 14 points actual points 30 8)

Yeah, big week. You should win. AP and Hightower should have big games as well.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:16 pm
ah, SUGARMAN put me ahead of GSW for now!

Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- Falcons continue to look like a real challenger in the NFC, even with the rookie QB

Packers @ Vikings- Hard fought game 17-13

Rams @ Jets- Rams are gonna sink again, and from now on after a loss they will fire the coach to go on a two game winning streak

Bills @ Patriots- Buffalo is sinking, Cassel is getting better, Pats on this one.

Seahawks @ Dolphins- Hawks are awesome....against the niners.

Titans @ Bears- Titans gotta lose sometime, this is the team to do it.

Jaguars @ Lions- Lions are still really awful

Ravens @ Texans- Ravens squeak it out 9-3

Panthers @ Raiders- Raiders players are no longer motivated, but at least the other corner might be decent with Hall gone.

Colts @ Steelers- Steelers are steady, colts inconsistent.

Chiefs @ Chargers- both bad teams, chiefs are worse

Giants @ Eagles- Giants hit the eagles in the mouth in their own house.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- Niner players do not wanna see what coach has under the boxers, gotta get motivated guys.
Last edited by RobDIKUM on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 pm
Sun. Nov. 9th
Saints @ Falcons- As great as Ryan has played, I think Brees is better.

Packers @ Vikings- It's Frerotte at QB, not Jackson like before. And they have home field, so they should take this one in a close one.

Rams @ Jets- Steven Jackson is banged up and may not play.

Bills @ Patriots- Pats are at home, and Cassell is coming off a rough week last game.

Seahawks @ Dolphins- Wallace is still the QB, the Seahawks are still banged up, and the Fins are at home and rolling.

Titans @ Bears- The Bears are going to miss Orton. And even though Chris and LenDale may struggle, Collins has the chance to open up the passing game against this depleted secondary.

Jaguars @ Lions- They should bounce back against a newly acquired, still learning the offense QB in Culpepper.

Ravens @ Texans- No Schaub, great D... Houston, we have a problem.

Panthers @ Raiders- Raiders are still dysfunctional, and the Panthers defense and offense keep rolling.

Colts @ Steelers- This ferocious defense is carrying this offense.

Chiefs @ Chargers- Chargers have lost two straight, they're going to come out with a bang.

Giants @ Eagles- Big game for both teams, but I think the home team takes it.

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cards- Ugh... at least have some dignity and give a fighting chance. Don't get blown out on national TV, Niners.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:04 pm
MR. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: Girl in class' stereotypes.

So I had no idea how to do my pick-ems this week. And when i was logged into this site during my class, this chick next to me was interested in knowing what i was doing. Then an idea came. I'll ask her! She doesn't know a lick of football, but this is a US Geography class, so she must know the cities. She did, and had some stereotypes (and odd comments) to help choose this week's picks! NOTE: for the ones she didnt pick (cuz she didnt know either city), i got this dude in my class to fill in the gaps. Those are italicize.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Saints @ Falcons- "Georgia is racist".. LOL ok!

Packers @ Vikings- "Where's Green Bay? By San Francisco?"

Rams @ Jets- "St. Louis has a random arc, but new york has fashion"

Bills @ Patriots- "I like both cities" "Patriots will win" ... i didnt know New England was a city... kinda like me not knowing Africa not being a country?

Seahawks @ Dolphins- "Miami has beaches"... "They also have B*tches".

Titans @ Bears- "Obama"

Jaguars @ Lions- "White girls avoid Detroit".. i think everyone does!

Ravens @ Texans- "Pick Houston"... ok i will!

Panthers @ Raiders- "Oakland is ugly"

Colts @ Steelers- "Go with the Steelers, Big Ben and Parker are awesome" He must not watch sportcenter, there both out!

Chiefs @ Chargers- "oooh San Diego"

Giants @ Eagles- "Philadelphia is historical, but New York has fashion"

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cardinals- " Oh i love San Francisco" "There good Parties in ASU". Ahhh im so conflicted....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:36 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:MR. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: Girl in class' stereotypes.

So I had no idea how to do my pick-ems this week. And when i was logged into this site during my class, this chick next to me was interested in knowing what i was doing. Then an idea came. I'll ask her! She doesn't know a lick of football, but this is a US Geography class, so she must know the cities. She did, and had some stereotypes (and odd comments) to help choose this week's picks! NOTE: for the ones she didnt pick (cuz she didnt know either city), i got this dude in my class to fill in the gaps. Those are italicize.

Bills @ Patriots- "I like both cities" "Patriots will win" ... i didnt know New England was a city... kinda like me not knowing Africa not being a country?

Titans @ Bears- "Obama"

Colts @ Steelers- "Go with the Steelers, Big Ben and Parker are awesome" He must not watch sportcenter, there both out!

Mon. Nov. 10th
Niners @ Cardinals- " Oh i love San Francisco" "There good Parties in ASU". Ahhh im so conflicted....

Man Mr Crackerz... I gotta say your one cunny funt. but your gonna give me a image complex soon dude. How the hell am i gonna win Most entertaining poster in goldenstwarriors.com yearly awards if you keep these kind of shananigans up? :-P
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:13 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:MR. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: Girl in class' stereotypes.

Titans @ Bears- "Obama"

Mon. Nov. 10th

Man Mr Crackerz... I gotta say your one cunny funt. but your gonna give me a image complex soon dude. How the hell am i gonna win Most entertaining poster in goldenstwarriors.com yearly awards if you keep these kind of shananigans up? :-P

my question is, how in the hell did you ever win it before? :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board