2008 NFL Draft Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 am
xbay wrote:Bada's Seahawks got a solid pick in Justin Forsett in the 7th. The kid was about to become a free agent with possibly, the Buffalo Bills. Instead, he goes to Seattle. Wish him the best up there.

Never saw him play, so I can't comment on him.

Then again, I never saw Josh Johnson play and that didn't stop me from having an opinion, based on stats and scouting reports. :wink:

xbay wrote:My favorite picks in the first round...

Chris Johnson to the Titans.

Really?. I think that was the WORST pick of the first round. I like him as a player, but I think he went a round too early and to a team that doesn't need him (will be, at best, a backup... and that's if Chris Henry doesn't beat him for the backup job).

Given their lack of WRs, Devin Thomas would have been a much better pick for the Titans.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:19 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Bada's Seahawks got a solid pick in Justin Forsett in the 7th. The kid was about to become a free agent with possibly, the Buffalo Bills. Instead, he goes to Seattle. Wish him the best up there.

Never saw him play, so I can't comment on him.

Then again, I never saw Josh Johnson play and that didn't stop me from having an opinion, based on stats and scouting reports. :wink:

Forsett was a tough runner for Cal and the reason why he didn't start until his senior year was because he was playing behind Marshawn Lynch the whole time. The kid led the Pac-10 in rushing this past season and was the most consistent player on the team. Even though, it's Seattle he's going to, I'm still loving the pick. I think it's a steal.

TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:My favorite picks in the first round...

Chris Johnson to the Titans.

Really?. I think that was the WORST pick of the first round. I like him as a player, but I think he went a round too early and to a team that doesn't need him (will be, at best, a backup... and that's if Chris Henry doesn't beat him for the backup job).

Given their lack of WRs, Devin Thomas would have been a much better pick for the Titans.

Yeah, because even though they had LenDale White, Johnson would make sense. Now I haven't seen Chris play much, but I've watched highlights and looked at his stats and the kid looks like he can play.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jeff Fisher is not a fan of drafting a WR in the first round.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:49 am
xbay wrote:Besides, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jeff Fisher is not a fan of drafting a WR in the first round.

Given the (lack of) success of first round WRs drafted recently, can't say I blame him... but then again, they didn't draft a WR til the 4th round. Lavelle Hawkins is alright, even good value for that round, but he ain't gonna be tearing up the league.
Previous

Return to Sports Board