Best memories as a sports fan

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:54 pm
i am happy for the bucs... my thing that makes it a lesser victory is that gruden put the raiders together and knew every in and out the raiders had...
seemed like playing checkers against oneself i will say the bucs were the better team anyways just wish they could have played a differnt team for their sakes....but a superbowl victory in the end is all that really matters i guess
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:39 am
JOEL wrote:i am happy for the bucs... my thing that makes it a lesser victory is that gruden put the raiders together and knew every in and out the raiders had...
seemed like playing checkers against oneself i will say the bucs were the better team anyways just wish they could have played a differnt team for their sakes....but a superbowl victory in the end is all that really matters i guess

That's true. I've always felt like our real SB game was the one we won at the Vet, not the game against the Raiders.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:56 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:2007 Quarter Final Loss of Wallabies to England at Rugby World Cup

It was the Wallabies for the taking, possession in the 2nd half and all was needing was a penalty or field goal... Englands defense stood staunch and they embarrassed the Wallabies scrummaging technique.

Worst bit about it was getting a phone call from a Kiwi mate, with him yelling 4 more years.

After going to bed and knowing my Wallabies had to wait 4 more years for the next world cup, i woke up and saw the greatest sports bulletin flash before the tv screen i have ever witnessed.

FRANCE UPSETS THE ALLBLACKS

After receiving a phone call the night before from my New Zealand workmate who yelled into the phone 4 more years. i got my revenge and was able to redial him and repeat "4 more years"

The best thing about it is that New Zealand All Blacks hasn't won a Rugby World Cup since 1987 and they continue to be labelled as the Worlds greatest choking sports team.
Previous

Return to Sports Board