08 March Madness Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 am
Arrrrgh. I've missed the whole march madness this year. Haven't been able to watch a single game.

Man, having no time to do it all sucks... :banghead:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:15 pm
TMC wrote:Arrrrgh. I've missed the whole march madness this year. Haven't been able to watch a single game.

Man, having no time to do it all sucks... :banghead:

tmc my man youve missed one hell of a march madness!
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:43 pm
I'm bummed Stanford didn't make it to the Final Four. I didn't even get to see that loss to Texas since I was away. Thought they had a nice shot.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:55 pm
Whats everyones picks for the Final Four?

Im saying Memphis vs. UNC. Memphis is 2 deep and athletic for UCLA, plus they got a Big Body of their own to guard kevin love and his name is Joey Dorsey. This should be a real close game with 2 even teams that play 2 different styles. Whoever dictates the tempo in this 1 will decide who wins, but i like Memphis.

For some reason im just not sold on this Kansas team. They seem 2 always underachieve and I see UNC winning this one. And in the finals i Like UNC over Memphis, but it could go either way.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:40 pm
I want Memphis over UCLA purely because they beat Stanford and Cal. I like UCLA, though. But like I said before, I'm a Derrick Rose fan so I'm sticking with the Tigers.

UNC should win. I think they should win the whole thing. Though I'd like to see Memphis take it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 am
I'm going with UCLA. I'm a big fan of Collison so I'm gonna root for them. It also helps that I don't particularly like UNC or Kansas...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:19 pm
Rose is one hell of a PG... especially from a freshman. Smart, composed, big, strong and athletic. Disregarding team needs as we dont know who will pick 1st, I think I might lean toward taking Rose over Beasley.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:54 pm
Rose has really raised his stock in the tourney. He really does remind me of Chris Paul, a very fundamental point guard, that, at a young age, can take over a game.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 pm
Is it just me or are the fuucking rims mic'ed up in ncaa games? Every time the ball hits the rim you hear a loud "thunk", WTF? I don't know why it pisses me off along with all the little differences between ncaa hoops and the NBA.

Exclusively college sports fans piss me off too, they are so pretentious and smug, like they are of a more refined group of fans then pro sports fans. I can only tolerate so much college sports before the bands and the annoying "die hard" fans make me want to wrap my lips around the barrel of a gun. Especially ""Speedo Man", he is the biggest faaag ever! I just watch the tourney to see Duke and UNC fans cry like the little bitches they are.

WTF is up with college fans crying anyways?!?!?! It's a ****ing game dumbshits! You don't play enough games nor have the players long enough to become that emotionally invested. I can see a fan getting teary-eyed over an NBA team or a MLB team because they play 82 and 162 games - if you watch 90% of the games then that team become apart of you. but 12 games in NCAA football and about 32 in NCAA hoops isn't anything.

Like Michigan loosing to Appalachian State - I watched that game and by the end of it I had seen at least five adults crying (about 3 men and 2 women), it made me laugh (at those pathetic individuals) but at the same time made me furious. I was mad because these people have such a distorted view of sports and reality. What? Anything less then perfection is something to cry about? These teams keep scheduling these "cup cake" teams, only to pad their records and then, BAM! Karma hits them in their high-and-mighty faces!

Things that are wrong with college sports:
- An undefeated (or 1 loss) season should be an accomplishment and a rarity not expected!
- College's should not be able to make their own schedules nor be payed to play games by other schools.
- Conferences should be unified and equal in terms of the amount of teams, officiating, and scheduling. The Conferences shouldn't have the power nor clout that they do.
- The NCAA is the governing body so they need to act like one! Instead of the corrupt, money-hungry, special-interest, empty suites that they are!
- The ranking systems need to be based on numbers and not reputation or popularity. That applies to football mainly, but in some cases it applies to hoops (Duke being a no.2 seed, Oregon making it to the tourney at all).

I'm going to stop there, I could go on for pages about my hate for college sports, though for some reason I still watch them. I just get frustrated by the NCAA and at the same time it makes me appreciate professional sports so much more - for the uniformity, standards, stability, and the quality competition (top-bottom) that they provide.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 pm
I don't know if anyone is watching the NCAA championship right now but it is at the end of regulation and all I have to say is WOW!!! Chammers with the most amazing desperation 3 I have ever seen to send the game into OT! Damn!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 pm
Great game... too bad Memphis choked. I was pulling for them. I lost a bet at school, too. :cry:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm
yeah... GREAT game. I will never understand why a team does not foul when they are up by 3pts.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 pm
just saw an interview with COach C who said they WERE trying to foul
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:29 am
bada wrote:just saw an interview with COach C who said they WERE trying to foul

How can you not foul when you try to do it??? :shock:

Anyway, great game. One of the better finals I remember... And it has proven once again I can jinx any team I root for. First I was rooting for UCLA and they lost. After that, I decided to root for Memphis in the finals...

Happens every year. The team I root for in the NCAA better forgets about winning it all.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 pm
bada wrote:just saw an interview with COach C who said they WERE trying to foul

imagine him this morning he proly just like

"Damn i F*CKED up!"
Go Ham
Previous

Return to Sports Board