Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:00 pm
all good bro. I am drunk on kool aid (too the point where the body rejects it)

Raiders are heading for a 6-10/7-9 campaign.

Dallas on the other hand. I could see Dallas & Philadelphia both qualifying for post season and Giants misssing out.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:06 pm
PAWNO wrote:all good bro. I am drunk on kool aid (too the point where the body rejects it)

Raiders are heading for a 6-10/7-9 campaign.

Dallas on the other hand. I could see Dallas & Philadelphia both qualifying for post season and Giants misssing out.

LOL..well don't let the kool aid take over duder! That would be a good season..only time will tell!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 am
Knightofoceans wrote:We Are Sexual Perverts..LOL.

=D>

:mrgreen:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 am
PAWNO wrote:Yeah I saw that heavy metal film clip guybrush and then had to wikipedia to verify they werent nazi metal (babylon burning) film clip had fair share of swatstikas in it.

They are far from it. Blackie Lawless (aka Steven Duren) is a really OK dude. He was a Christian when he was young, then he wrote some lyrics where he criticizes society and a lot of other stuff, in the rock/metal way. So, like in the song from the post above, he kind of didn't say things that church would like. ::lol: But now he said that he is birth again, and is again a Christian. I don't know how much that matters to you, but there you go. :)

There's album they made, called The Crimson Idol, which follows the fictional character, Jonathan Steel. Jonathan was a less loved, looked as a disappointment, by his parents, and they loved his brother. Then his brother dies in a car accident, and Jonathan runs away from home. Starts dealing with drugs and alcohol, robs a store and steals a guitar...then he meets Chainsaw Charlie, a producer of some kind. Long story short, he becomes a rock star, which is all he ever wanted, along with his parents accepting him, he has all the fame, the money...etc. But then he realizes that his dream is a nightmare. He has nobody, Chainsaw Charlie is a douche, which is how they are trying to portray music industry and how it uses young talents. He calls his parents before his last gig, just to try and make up with them, to hear them say that they love hi, but all he gets is "we have no son".

Then you get an end of the story, which is a great song, followed with even better lyrics. I know you're not into rock or metal, Pawn, but this album is a pure masterpiece. :D

Sorry I just had to share a little bit of W.A.S.P. lore with ya mate. ::lol:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 am
What did we all think of Terrel Pryor?

If he can develop a pass.. He's got great pocket awareness. just couldn't make the throws! (I wanna see him preseason with some of his WR1's like DHB or Denarius Moore packages)

I guess he is a poor man's Colin Kaepernick or a very very poor man's Cam Newton.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 am
Well, I hope we keep him as the 3rd QB.... he is such a slow learner. I remember Pryor since he was a high schooler. He came to Ohio St. with so much hype. He never was a great passer. But he is a good runner. Maybe they can get him in some "wildcat" options.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 pm
DA RAIDAS! Season opener! Lets do this!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:DA RAIDAS! Season opener! Lets do this!

Y'EAH!!!

Andrew Bogut just tweeted he will be at the game. Gotta keep my eyes peeled out for a 7 foot guy dressed as Lurch.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:54 am
Prediction: Raiders beat Dolphins!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Prediction: Raiders beat Dolphins!

Ugghh...

No predictions for you my friend. This is going to be a long year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 am
Defense played pretty well... until they collapsed from Reggie Bush. Carson Palmer plays like Alex Smith. He is only managing, not really playmaking (he did have a good throw to Moore, but most throws were to recievers that were running hooks and cuts, not slants and straights.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am
Yeah, he plays indeed like Alex, who is 3rd in the league when it comes to pass rating, and is 2-0, beating Packers and Lions. Same indeed. ::razz:

Alex is far more than game manager, which can be seen anytime Harbaugh goes away from conservative play, usually when the other team comes closer than he wants to. And every time Alex delivers. You just need to realize that he won't have close to 500 yards per game, cause they don't need that...they are usually always in the lead, and airing it out would just not be worth the risk of interception. Look at the whole picture, not just numbers.

And, speaking of the whole pic, Raiders look bad on both sides for some reason. I was expecting a lot from the running game. Defense is bad, and I don't get the situation with WRs in Oakland. One year there is Ford, than Moore...and still, I never know what to expect from any of them any season. And Carson has a huge amount of pass attempts, which are all usually short passes, and it would look even worse has it not been for that throw to Goodson.

Anyway, Brees is airing it out, and look at the Saints' score. 49ers have one of the most balanced offenses in the league. No matter how much you guys disliked Alex for some reason. He scores a TD, and then running game takes over, if they catch up, he strikes another TD. Pretty simple, and efficient.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am
Yeah, it's surprising that people are still calling the guy that out-played two of the league's top QBs and has been clutch in both games, did what he did in his first playoff game last season, hasn't thrown a INT in 284 pass attempts, hasn't thrown a pick since Thanksgiving last season, and takes his team down field to put a nationally televised game out of reach with blood streaming down his face, a game manager... Yes those "top" QBs were playing against the leagues best D, but still...

People keep knocking him for his stats, but lets check out the stats:

QBrec - 2-0 (1st), Cmp% - 70.2 (6th), Yds - 437 (22nd, but doesn't need it), TD - 4 (2nd), Int - 0 (1st), Rate - 115.9 (2nd in the league and Ryan hasn't played week 2 yet)

Crackerz, Raider fans would be lucky if Palmer looked half as good as Alex does right now. At some point, Raider fans will be forced to admit that Alex is a good QB.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 pm
They never should have fired the former coach, never should have giving so much for Palmer, and to Miami, am in strait panic mode.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:They never should have fired the former coach, never should have giving so much for Palmer, and to Miami, am in strait panic mode.

In other words, they should have had a real GM a long time ago...
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board