Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 am
Maybe you Raider fans could enlighten me... Why is Gradkowski not your starting QB? Seems to me that he has been you best option at QB for a while now and every time he is given the opportunity he just goes out there and digs you guys out of the hole that your other QB put you in. While Campbell is much better than J. Russ, he is not a starting QB. Grad looks like he is the real deal, but after coming back and winning you guys a game that you looked like you were going to loose, news comes out and basically says that Campbell will be the starter next week again!?!?!?!?!?

Apparently Cable is a Gradkowski guy and Al is a Campbell guy, looks like Cable might not be as dumb as I thought he was, adversely Al Davis is. This is what happens when you've got an overbearing, hands-on owner that has absolutely no idea what he is doing. I know a lot of Raider fans, many of them love what Al Davis has done for the game of football, and more so, the Oakland Raiders, but almost all of them say it's time to go. On here it seems like there are still many Davis supporters and I'm just curious as to why? Is it just blind loyalty? And if it is, loyalty to what? An 81 year old, track suite wearing, dictator that obviously doesn't care about his fan base and is crushing your hopes and dreams as a fan?

On last thing - I'd take Gradkowski on the 9ers over Smith :!:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm
The thing with the Raiders is. That the last few years we've drafted downfield threat wide recievers. Louis Murphy is the exception.

But to play that downfield playbook, u need lineman that can protect the pocket longer then 2-3 seconds. It's so pointless having Jason in there when your tackles are langston walker and mario henderson. I i really feel for Jason cause he's got a coach who's specialty is the Oline and clearly Cable is doing nothing to fix this weakness.

It wouldn't suprise me regardless of our record that Tom gets fired midseason for being incompatent. In saying that, cable is light years better option then Lance!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:24 pm
So you'd still take Campbell over Gradkowski? And this is Cable's fault, not Al's for trying to force a system that just wont work?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm
I like Campbell for the strength of our wide recievers, being able to deliver that deep ball.

But i love Bruce for our weakness at OffensiveLine & being able to work with a shotty line that gives up a ton of sacks.

I guess it's a week to week thing for me. I always had a deep down burning idea that St Louis could cause us trouble. A team like us whom turned up to play last year in the unwinable games of v PHI, v CIN & @PIT.

Next week against arizona, i don't see them being a hungry team, they're more a soul searching team after winning there division last year. I feel Arizona will go into the game saying, oh great we got the raiders. I'd probably start Campbell in that game n let him do his thing. But if it's a game like against St Louis. Then unleash bruce again in the 2nd half.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:53 pm
If you got two QBs in the NFL, you have no QBs - two QB systems don't work, they might spark a team in a second half but it will eventually hurt you because you need a good all around guy. Continuity is so important and constantly shuffling guys in and out from under center will negate what little continuity the raiders have.

The long ball should be furthest from Mr. Davis's concern, of course he is too out of touch to realize that. The oline doesn't pass block and the QB has vary little chemistry/experience with his receivers, so what does Al want to do? Throw the ball deep on 5-7 step drops!

You guys could win that division if you ran the ball, stuck to short, quick passes and didn't put your D in bad situations... oh yeah and name Gradkowski your starting QB!

Just my 2 cents. I find myself not routing against the Raiders really anymore - not that I ever expelled much energy doing it in the fist place. I view them objectively, as I do with most teams, and I'll be cheering for them more times than not this season since they play the other 3 members of our division.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 pm
Well Bruce got named the starter. I must be the only member of the Nation that doesn't feel 100% about the move. I'd rather Campbell take the bumps and gone into the 2nd half against the rams as our starter.

What i took away from that game that it wasn't Jason fault entirely. But more so a desperate Rams outfit looking at this game as one of there winable contests.

Bruce i believe will do great on the road at Arizona. But even so. I'd look at trading him when the value is high. Hell from what i saw in preseason, i got confidence in kyle boller too
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:35 pm
PAWNO wrote:Well Bruce got named the starter. I must be the only member of the Nation that doesn't feel 100% about the move. I'd rather Campbell take the bumps and gone into the 2nd half against the rams as our starter.

What i took away from that game that it wasn't Jason fault entirely. But more so a desperate Rams outfit looking at this game as one of there winable contests.

Bruce i believe will do great on the road at Arizona. But even so. I'd look at trading him when the value is high. Hell from what i saw in preseason, i got confidence in kyle boller too

Grad isnt bringing anything to the table other than what the team knew he had last year. If they were confident in him being good enough to start on a competetive team, why make the move for Campbell? This is the Raiders problem in a nutshell, they lack identity from top to bottom. 6 quarters on a new team with only a couple of proven players is not nearly enough time to judge Campbell. He needs half the season at least. How does JaMarcus get 3 seasons and Campbell who we all know has talent gets less than 2 games to prove his worth?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm
Tom Cable probably got bugged about losing his job. A loss to St. Louis would of surely led to guys like Kwakami and Monte Poole calling for Cable head.

But also that Oakland crowd is one ruthless bunch of fans. If your bought in as a saviour too a 7 losing season franchise & u don't produce in your first half of football at the Colliseum. Then your going to hear those boos (boos kind of round like Bruucee!)

I certainly feel that Jason would of been put in a better situation in week 3 playing on the road, not having to hear those angry fans.

I wonder what the ramifications will be with Jason Campbell's confidence? Bruce was a 6th round pick or something & Jason was taken in the 1st round. I just hope Jason confidence doesn't get ripped to shreds because of Bruce injury history, jason maybe called upon again this season.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am
I still haven't heard one reasonably convincing argument for Campbell over Grad. Maybe Raider fans know something that I don't, but this isn't preseason anymore and that division is easily win-able by any of the 4 teams - so why would you want a guy out there that doesn't give you the best chance to win? So he can get some experience? so he can take the "bumps"? Not to hurt his confidence? I have to ask, we are talking about a 4+ year vet here that's getting payed more money in a week than any of us will earn an a year right?

Like I said, this isn't preseason, school is out and it's time to preform. Along the lines of what "Always" was talking about, Grad should have been the starter day 1. Pawno you are crazy to even consider trading Grad away, this is not the last, 2nd to last or even 3rd to last QB shuffle the Raiders will have this season and you are good with Boller as your no. 2!?!?! Boller might be a great back up if Manning was your starter and he'll never seen any PT outside taking a knee or two, but when was the last season you didn't have at least 2 QBs split significant time?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:14 am
the reason why Raiders doubt to bruce because of his past....he is not an elite QB. But, people move on and learn from the past...i believe Bruce can be a solid QB if Raiders trust him....
campbell awareness are lower than bruce, its easy to be a target.But bruce can move around and avoid the pass rusher...thats why i like bruce.....its good for Jason to sit in the bench for while, it will make him to even learn hard to get his job back...
its just the matter of time until jared V. or Bruce campbell can replace M'henderson...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 am
If we had a Line, I would (no question) want Campbell as QB.... however, reality is we don't. Brad Grad gives us a better chance of winning now than Campbell does. It is a simple as that for me.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm
Stupid Seabass - no excuses there! You're the highest paid kicker in history and just single handedly lost the game with your 3 misses! WTF!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm
He singlehandedly lost the game for the Raiders. The most paid kicker...dumbass.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Not much to say from this raiderfan. His owed 4 million so Seabass will be with this team for this season at least.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 pm

R.I.P GEORGE BLANDA!!!

Al Davis Original "RAIDER MYSTIQUE"
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board