Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:59 am
So i know it's only pre-season. But i hope they take some valued stuff out of this match for there week 7 match at Candlestick. THE Niners are a runningteam. But i can see the raiders dumbing down the playbook so not to give the Niners scouts any strategy formula for there match.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm
PAWNO wrote:So i know it's only pre-season. But i hope they take some valued stuff out of this match for there week 7 match at Candlestick. THE Niners are a runningteam. But i can see the raiders dumbing down the playbook so not to give the Niners scouts any strategy formula for there match.

It's preseason, all playbooks are dumbed down. Opposing teams are more evaluating talent instead of game plans - plus no team wants to put much stock into what they see from a team in the preseason versus what they'll face mid point in the season - anything can happen in 2 months in the NFL. But this will likely be the game that we see the most out of the starters (3rd preseason game and all) maybe VD, Gore and Crabs will suite up - although i would love to see Gore sit out the entire preseason along with Willis and Spikes for the remaining games - those guys don't need to prove anything.

I'll be interested to see how Campbell looks and how our young Oline preforms against the Raider D - what is an honest (non fanboy) opinion of how the Raiders Dline and pass rush are shaping up? Personally I hope you guys throw the kitchen sink at our line and Alex - I know the Vikes and Colts were some good tests but I want to see the starters out there for an extended amount of time again.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Our pass rush is A grade this year Jreed. But Matt Forte touchdown last week where he ran it 84 yards leads me to believe the Raiders may struggle to stop Frank Gore in week 7. But we will see
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:24 pm
Michael Bush fractured his thumb in tonights loss to the 49'ers.

Personally, after watching Patrick Willis stuff McFadden twice in the backfield, I'm not super confident of our RB corpse until we get more info on Bush hand injury.

Michael Bennett needs to be considered being the main Runningback if Bush injury turns out to be worse. McFadden seems only useful on the screen passes out of the backfield!

Jason Campbell, will be ok... Damn bad job by Mario Henderson on that Pass Rush Protection... such a bummer.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 pm
PAWNO wrote:Michael Bush fractured his thumb in tonights loss to the 49'ers.

Personally, after watching Patrick Willis stuff McFadden twice in the backfield, I'm not super confident of our RB corpse until we get more info on Bush hand injury.

Michael Bennett needs to be considered being the main Runningback if Bush injury turns out to be worse. McFadden seems only useful on the screen passes out of the backfield!

Jason Campbell, will be ok... Damn bad job by Mario Henderson on that Pass Rush Protection... such a bummer.

Brad Grad was pretty good today... happy he returned to this club. He is one of the better backups in football right now (Teams like Arizona and Buffalo could use him right about now).

I agree with you pawno with Bennett. He's played well this preseason to be part of this rotation.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 pm
Seems like Bruce is a big time QB, he proves himself last year against elite team but unfortunately he went down after few games ....
Few times he threw good ball but the young receiver cant get it done....
i am not worry about Jason C. injury coz Bruce is pretty damn good backup QB...
Left tackle is the biggest concern for now....Mario henderson is unstable....
wonder if jared V or B. campbell can replace him ASAP.....the problem is the rookie are still raw in term of skill..

I just made a Bet with my coworker...Niners and Raiders in candlestick....of coz we use the odds....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:46 am
GSW United wrote:Seems like Bruce is a big time QB, he proves himself last year against elite team but unfortunately he went down after few games ....
Few times he threw good ball but the young receiver cant get it done....
i am not worry about Jason C. injury coz Bruce is pretty damn good backup QB...
Left tackle is the biggest concern for now....Mario henderson is unstable....
wonder if jared V or B. campbell can replace him ASAP.....the problem is the rookie are still raw in term of skill..

I just made a Bet with my coworker...Niners and Raiders in candlestick....of coz we use the odds....

Yeah Bruce won the backup role hands down... The Dudes a baller, The Jeff Garcia comparisions are on point!

Jason Campbell is still the guy we gonna go with cause he's got the bigger arm... But in BRUCE we TRUST!

Mario Henderson needs to do a better job as well.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:43 pm
Pawno, just wanted to tell you that I don't hate Raiders because I got this as a great memory when I was last year in San Francisco:

One of the many good moments I had while I was in the USA. So, after that I kind of took the Raiders off the hate list. :) Love the Raiderettes though. :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 pm
Guybrush wrote:

though. :D

Not to sound GAY!!!

But your such a LIL HEART THROB Guybrush!!!! :mrgreen:

U even look like your avatar only with shorter hair!!!

That photo was taken at the Sports Store at PIER 39?

PS: your Doppelganger is Colin Ferrell
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 am
Guybrush is a great character, you should have played the game. So, I don't mind the comparison...though the one with Colin is better (don't know why, I thought people were joking, but I've heard that dozen of times).

And, yeah, it is Sports Store at Pier 39. I found San Francisco the most beautiful and interesting city out of all the cities I saw in the USA.

One more thing, that pic is a year old, I look a bit older now. ::razz:
Do we have a thread here where members have posted their pictures? I know this place has few years of existence so far...
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:53 pm
Guybrush wrote:Pawno, just wanted to tell you that I don't hate Raiders because I got this as a great memory when I was last year in San Francisco:

One of the many good moments I had while I was in the USA. So, after that I kind of took the Raiders off the hate list. :) Love the Raiderettes though. :D

lmao you look just like your avatar

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Pawno, just wanted to tell you that I don't hate Raiders because I got this as a great memory when I was last year in San Francisco:

lmao you look just like your avatar

LOL he does.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:25 pm

What's up with that old chick on the left!? oops sorry Guybrush - lol, just playin. Seriously that Raiderette is about ready to start collect a social security check, she's kinda rough - aint she a bit old to be a cheerleader?

Bunch of young, bangin hard bodies there. It's not all about looks, I love them for there brains - their big, beautiful, bouncy brains! :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am
darn...i like brown instead of mitchell but if possible i will keep both....
btw, hope Raiders can acquire T.J Houzmanzedah from seahawk.....but with a good price....
he is not a deep threat but we need his exp in the field and reliable hands...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:53 am
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board