Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:43 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:MmmMmm, haterADE. (glug glug glug)

I lived and died with the 49ers, Giants and the Warriors, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we're right smack in the middle of the Bay Area sports dark ages. The Warriors have shown signs of pulling themselves out of the suck category but we still went 0-5 in making the playoffs last year.

And the Sharks don't count. I'm thrilled that they're exciting but a vast majorty of Bay Area sports fans don't follow them at all.


haha thats what ur doing wrong, ur chugging that haterade, u gotta sip.... tiny doses dude.

yeah, but its all about optimism man. Like im bummed too. I like both bay area baseball teams. I dont like the 49ers, but i sorta have respect for them. I think the Raiders will surprise many teams this year, especially if they can get the offense rolling. Dubs will be fine this year.

the sharks are loved in the bay area. Just this last Season, hockeys biggest maybe since the turn of the Millenium, shark fever was pretty big. That Game with the 4 OT's was the talk to the town, i knew so many people who tuned it to talk sharks hockey. The league might be dying, but attendance in the games is solid, and people generally enjoy hockey (i sure do)

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:17 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:MmmMmm, haterADE. (glug glug glug)

I lived and died with the 49ers, Giants and the Warriors, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we're right smack in the middle of the Bay Area sports dark ages. The Warriors have shown signs of pulling themselves out of the suck category but we still went 0-5 in making the playoffs last year.

And the Sharks don't count. I'm thrilled that they're exciting but a vast majorty of Bay Area sports fans don't follow them at all.


haha thats what ur doing wrong, ur chugging that haterade, u gotta sip.... tiny doses dude.

yeah, but its all about optimism man. Like im bummed too. I like both bay area baseball teams. I dont like the 49ers, but i sorta have respect for them. I think the Raiders will surprise many teams this year, especially if they can get the offense rolling. Dubs will be fine this year.

the sharks are loved in the bay area. Just this last Season, hockeys biggest maybe since the turn of the Millenium, shark fever was pretty big. That Game with the 4 OT's was the talk to the town, i knew so many people who tuned it to talk sharks hockey. The league might be dying, but attendance in the games is solid, and people generally enjoy hockey (i sure do)


Hrm, sips you say? That's probably a good idea.

You live in San Diego? If so, I live less than an hour away from ya up in south Orange County.

I grew up in Sonoma County and have a few friends that have had season tickets to the Sharks for the past decade. I got to sit glass last season for a Sharks/Ducks game down at the Honda Center and that was pretty fun... but I'd still say that football, baseball and basketball fans outnumber the Bay Area hockey fans by a 10-1 margin. Even when we got Joe Thorton KNBR still rarely got any hockey calls.

I can understand why it would have been pretty hard to like the Niners after they won 5 Super Bowls when the Raiders started the decline. It was hard as a Giants fan to watch the A's beat up on us in 1989, but I actually loved the Hudson/Zito/Mulder days. I'm a huge Giants fan but after Pac Bell Park opened i went to more A's games than anything because the tickets were cheap and I could get great seats.

Remember the drummers, and the Tejada worship? Part of the failing of the A's is that they let the fan favorites leave... all except Chavez, who turned out to be a pretty big bust. We need Ricky back out there in the Oakland OF!

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:MmmMmm, haterADE. (glug glug glug)

I lived and died with the 49ers, Giants and the Warriors, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we're right smack in the middle of the Bay Area sports dark ages. The Warriors have shown signs of pulling themselves out of the suck category but we still went 0-5 in making the playoffs last year.

And the Sharks don't count. I'm thrilled that they're exciting but a vast majorty of Bay Area sports fans don't follow them at all.


haha thats what ur doing wrong, ur chugging that haterade, u gotta sip.... tiny doses dude.

yeah, but its all about optimism man. Like im bummed too. I like both bay area baseball teams. I dont like the 49ers, but i sorta have respect for them. I think the Raiders will surprise many teams this year, especially if they can get the offense rolling. Dubs will be fine this year.

the sharks are loved in the bay area. Just this last Season, hockeys biggest maybe since the turn of the Millenium, shark fever was pretty big. That Game with the 4 OT's was the talk to the town, i knew so many people who tuned it to talk sharks hockey. The league might be dying, but attendance in the games is solid, and people generally enjoy hockey (i sure do)


Hrm, sips you say? That's probably a good idea.

You live in San Diego? If so, I live less than an hour away from ya up in south Orange County.

I grew up in Sonoma County and have a few friends that have had season tickets to the Sharks for the past decade. I got to sit glass last season for a Sharks/Ducks game down at the Honda Center and that was pretty fun... but I'd still say that football, baseball and basketball fans outnumber the Bay Area hockey fans by a 10-1 margin. Even when we got Joe Thorton KNBR still rarely got any hockey calls.

I can understand why it would have been pretty hard to like the Niners after they won 5 Super Bowls when the Raiders started the decline. It was hard as a Giants fan to watch the A's beat up on us in 1989, but I actually loved the Hudson/Zito/Mulder days. I'm a huge Giants fan but after Pac Bell Park opened i went to more A's games than anything because the tickets were cheap and I could get great seats.

Remember the drummers, and the Tejada worship? Part of the failing of the A's is that they let the fan favorites leave... all except Chavez, who turned out to be a pretty big bust. We need Ricky back out there in the Oakland OF!


yeah i use too live there. Moved back to NorCal. I use to go to SDSU,which was awesome, but got me in debt for having too much fun. plus expensive rent didnt help. SO i do what every broke young adult does, move back home, save some dough, and start all over. Now i go to lame sacramento state.

yeah i agree with u on the A's. I remember the Hattaberg chants. Whenever he when up, it was a heeeeyyy hattaberg hettaberg hattaberg"... each time i went to a game, he had a different chant... but that was what like 4 years ago maybe. Havent been to an A's game since 2005. Giant games are fun, but there is no "blue collar" traditions like the A's. except the dude, who paints himself orange. And that stupid seal mascot... guy cracks me up.

u might be right with the sharks. 10-1 does sound reasonable. but i think hockey has the most passionate fans. once u start watching hockey, you wonder why you never started watching it earlier IMO. Oh well, I have a hard time convincing people to watch hockey just like i have to get people to watch other sports.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm
wow ..after being released by Raiders LaMont Jordan jump into champion ships team... :shock: ......PATRIOT

no different with POB... :mrgreen:

by the way nice move for player but i don't know for patriot....
maybe can turn to be a good player coz the way Pats play are not running game...so he will more comfortable to play RB in Pats.

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:14 pm
GSW United wrote:wow ..after being released by Raiders LaMont Jordan jump into champion ships team... :shock: ......PATRIOT

no different with POB... :mrgreen:

by the way nice move for player but i don't know for patriot....
maybe can turn to be a good player coz the way Pats play are not running game...so he will more comfortable to play RB in Pats.


damn, i would of rather seen lamont play for any of out division rivals besides the damn patriots. Gosh... it was a smart move in NE's part, its nothing guarenteed so its no risk for the Patriots.

Role Player
Posts: 332
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:17 pm
wat a steal by the patriots. if healthy, hes jus as dangerous as the rest of the elite rb's in the league.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:21 pm
well it is a steal they got nothing to lose...jordan has everything to gain..he has only had one 1000 season for his entire career

Role Player
Posts: 332
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:24 pm
yea. the guy always finds a way to get injured. guess the patriots dnt trust maroney bein the featured back? idk.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:33 pm
for me i thought jordan would do better than fargus..jordan runs lower
and huggy bear just seams to skinny....this year the backs will split up the duty better

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:35 pm
3 headed monster attack.... i wouldnt be surprise we see all three of them on there and even have plays which McFadden and Russell both play QB situations.... That A-11 formation might catch on in the NFL one day, and the raiders are the Perfect team to run it... or at least try it

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:44 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:3 headed monster attack.... i wouldnt be surprise we see all three of them on there and even have plays which McFadden and Russell both play QB situations.... That A-11 formation might catch on in the NFL one day, and the raiders are the Perfect team to run it... or at least try it

with kiffin last year running those college type plays you are right
i think kiff will use mcf and davis will love it

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:51 pm
JOEL wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:3 headed monster attack.... i wouldnt be surprise we see all three of them on there and even have plays which McFadden and Russell both play QB situations.... That A-11 formation might catch on in the NFL one day, and the raiders are the Perfect team to run it... or at least try it

with kiffin last year running those college type plays you are right
i think kiff will use mcf and davis will love it


yeah i dunno why that whole kiffin fiasco happen this offseason, i think kiffin is the perfect coach for Al Davis... he can revolutionize the way we see offenses, like how the boss did 30 years prior..i hope kiffin shows the Boss, and the Boss gives him respect... man, i cant wait from preseason and beyond!

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:56 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:3 headed monster attack.... i wouldnt be surprise we see all three of them on there and even have plays which McFadden and Russell both play QB situations.... That A-11 formation might catch on in the NFL one day, and the raiders are the Perfect team to run it... or at least try it

with kiffin last year running those college type plays you are right
i think kiff will use mcf and davis will love it


yeah i dunno why that whole kiffin fiasco happen this offseason, i think kiffin is the perfect coach for Al Davis... he can revolutionize the way we see offenses, like how the boss did 30 years prior..i hope kiffin shows the Boss, and the Boss gives him respect... man, i cant wait from preseason and beyond!


first pre game in oak niners haha
openng night broncos i cant wait
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:14 pm
damnnn itttttt....my friends season ticket is being delivered but not mine.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:45 pm
Speaking of college, I remember my friend found the option plays they run in college in Madden 08 and he used them against me with Russell since he could truck the hell out of you or pitch it to Jordan or Fargas or whomever he's running with. I didn't know WTF to do. But I think it's true that the option play could never last in the NFL. Even I found a way to counter it once I got used to seeing it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests