Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:07 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Thats as low as The Niners on the NFC Standing this season.

OUCH!!!

More like as low as the Raiders have been in the AFC standings for the past four years. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Thats as low as The Niners on the NFC Standing this season.

OUCH!!!

More like as low as the Raiders have been in the AFC standings for the past four years. :wink:

OUCH!!!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm
wow, the rankings of the Raiders according to ESPN "experts". Some jackass gave them a 32nd ranking. Douche... i bet trey wingo, if he had the chance to vote, woulda voted 32nd for them two... guy is a hater. But c'mon, i think we are the 2007 Browns. We got a solid defense, and an improving offense. Im hoping nothing but good games for my silver and black
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:wow, the rankings of the Raiders according to ESPN "experts". Some jackass gave them a 32nd ranking. Douche... i bet trey wingo, if he had the chance to vote, woulda voted 32nd for them two... guy is a hater. But c'mon, i think we are the 2007 Browns. We got a solid defense, and an improving offense. Im hoping nothing but good games for my silver and black

The Raiders are in the bottom two or three teams in the league, no doubt. Whoever voted them 32nd was probably right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:wow, the rankings of the Raiders according to ESPN "experts". Some jackass gave them a 32nd ranking. Douche... i bet trey wingo, if he had the chance to vote, woulda voted 32nd for them two... guy is a hater. But c'mon, i think we are the 2007 Browns. We got a solid defense, and an improving offense. Im hoping nothing but good games for my silver and black

The Raiders are in the bottom two or three teams in the league, no doubt. Whoever voted them 32nd was probably right.

umm hopefully ur not confusing the raiders with the 49ers SFx3, that team looks like garbage (though i do like Patrick "what u talkin about" Willis... that guy was a beast last year.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

umm hopefully ur not confusing the raiders with the 49ers SFx3, that team looks like garbage (though i do like Patrick "what u talkin about" Willis... that guy was a beast last year.

They are both really bad. Top to bottom, though, the Niners have more talent.

I really dont want a Niners-Raiders debate right now. Wont waiste my time. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:34 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I really dont want a Niners-Raiders debate right now. Wont waiste my time. :mrgreen:

are you not the same guy who tried to say the giants play in a tougher division than the A's :roll:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:35 pm
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

are you not the same guy who tried to say the giants play in a tougher division than the A's :roll:

He's the same guy that's a fan of a 22 year old phenom that struck out the A's 11 times in their own stadium.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 pm
and the current bay bridge serries stands at ?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 pm
49ers>Sabercats>Invaders(USFL)>Raiders
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:45 am
Bring it on Linc Mob...
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Bring it on Linc Mob...

Just having some fun. 8)

Funny thing is over the past few years the Sabercats have been a consistently good team in the AFL. They play in the AFL championship game this Sunday and have won championships in 2002, 2004, and 2007. We need some of that to rub off on the 49ers and Raiders. Both teams are intriguing going into this year. 49ers with Mike Martz and some FA pick-ups and the Raiders with McFadden. I would be suprised for either team to get more than 6 wins this yr though.

After the Raiders left Oakland, the Invaders put out a real good product in their place. Future NFL players like Anthony Carter, Bobby Hebert, and Gary Plummer to name a few.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am
JOEL wrote:and the current bay bridge serries stands at ?

What does it stand at?

/rant on

Comparing the Giants and the A's is a joke. The Giants are in the midst of a horrible rebuilding period and the A's are just pathetic since they won't pay anyone. Yeah, the A's will have their runs but as long as Beane is forced to ship out all of his talent prior to them getting huge contracts the organization will remain a joke.

The Raiders vs. Niners debate is also a joke. I don't think we should be allowed to have these discussions until one of the teams actually makes the playoffs.

How sad are we Bay Area fans? We live in one of the best places in the nation, have tons of money yet we don't have a single playoff team in MLB, the NBA or the NFL? Out of five frickin' teams? Sad.

/rant off
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:05 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
JOEL wrote:and the current bay bridge serries stands at ?

What does it stand at?

/rant on

Comparing the Giants and the A's is a joke. The Giants are in the midst of a horrible rebuilding period and the A's are just pathetic since they won't pay anyone. Yeah, the A's will have their runs but as long as Beane is forced to ship out all of his talent prior to them getting huge contracts the organization will remain a joke.

The Raiders vs. Niners debate is also a joke. I don't think we should be allowed to have these discussions until one of the teams actually makes the playoffs.

How sad are we Bay Area fans? We live in one of the best places in the nation, have tons of money yet we don't have a single playoff team in MLB, the NBA or the NFL? Out of five frickin' teams? Sad.

/rant off

man socal, lay off the haterADE. Giants and A's have good history. The Giants will bounce back soon, and its not the A's fault no one see's their games. Hopefully a new stadium will do that.

The 49ers have 5 super bowls, the Raiders 3. The two teams have numerous legands. Al Davis circa 1960's practically invented the AFC and modern football.

Boston Just a few years ago was much farther worse off then us, and look at them now. Obnoxious S.O.B.'s they are... gloating in the high life.

The point is, sports teams have their highs and their lows. The Sabercats kick ass. Sharks are a annual playoff team. Hope will come to the bigger clubs.... especially the Dubs!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:05 pm
MmmMmm, haterADE. (glug glug glug)

I lived and died with the 49ers, Giants and the Warriors, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we're right smack in the middle of the Bay Area sports dark ages. The Warriors have shown signs of pulling themselves out of the suck category but we still went 0-5 in making the playoffs last year.

And the Sharks don't count. I'm thrilled that they're exciting but a vast majorty of Bay Area sports fans don't follow them at all.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board