Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 am
JREED23 wrote:Pretty sure all of the NFL websites are made by the same webmaster group so that would make their website irrelevant (9er site is also in other languages, nothing special). Wouldn't make much of the Air Asia thing either, it's just a sponsorship deal, organizations sink money into sponsorships for many reasons no. 1 being financial - obviously some do this better than others, lol (buying a paint job on a plan that will likely never be on US soil and most the people that fly on it will never see a Raider game). And as far as the colors go... sigh all i'm going to say if this mattered in the slightest bit then the Lakers, Vikings, Suns, etc would be extremely unpopular - we all know that isn't true. Also if your a guy that picks your team base on their colors then its cup check time.

I read some where that every year the NFL ranks NFL fan bases by size but I was unable to find a link. Unless someone can point to something like that, all this is speculation and homerism (new word, lol).

JREED23 wrote:raider fans are bigger cheerleaders and fly the colors more - just cause I don't have a 9er bumper sticker, decal, key chain, flag, dash ornament, etc... doesn't mean i'm not a 9er fan. I agree that it's probably too close to call it, but 5 SBs will go a long ways.

Good points about colours, I agree on the part about the Lameness of choosing to support a team cause your a fan of certain colour (TOTES WAK IN MY OPINION)

But as was the with the Golden State Warriors, I got a connection with them cause it was my primary school colours & then when i went into high school the Green, White & Black got me drawn to mutually follow a bit of Celtics.

As a kid my connection was definately to the 49'ers... I supported all Bay Area teams because of the WARRIORS connection, It wasn't until Randy Moss arrived that i truely started to love this ballclub... I guess there's a INNER NINER FAN somewhere in this body, But you know how **** is.. You can't be a CRIP & a BLOOD... It's either or or either nothing.

I'd say the RAIDER NATION is huge, But there's probably bigger International Market players out there (at the moment)... You see a lot of people rock the Silver N Black abroad internationally when we are winning, But when they losing, there's just a lot of stupid "inked up" kids with tattoos like "THUGGIN 247" printed across there chest n wearing the shield logo upon there head. (hell i got so many people who tell me how ****ing bad the L.A Raiders are - Dang son, they been in the O for the last 15 years fool)

I'd say just rough estimate that RAIDERS & NINERS both belong in top 10 even top 5 of internationally supported teams, Like you said JREED 5 SB's go along way for making space on the bandwagon & i'd call anyone who owns a Niner merchandise a proper fan cause RED & GOLD are just unfashionably sucky colour scheme (unlike SILVER N BLACK which is Trendy whatever the season & our merchandise sales are driven by Gangbanging wannabes)

» Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 am
You guys should see Ice Cube's Documentary on the Oakland Raiders... it talks about the symbolism that the raiders had on the hip hop community.

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:You guys should see Ice Cube's Documentary on the Oakland Raiders... it talks about the symbolism that the raiders had on the hip hop community.

Yeah bro,

I got it... It hasn't been shown on Australian TV airwaves yet, but i bought my copy off amazon.com

I think the most ironic thing in the video is where moments before Cube is to interview Davis, there's a chick putting on some makeup (foundation) for Al so he can be prepared for the video camera.

I guess when you look like the way he does, if your not willing to go Jerry Jones and get a bunch of plastic surgery... then no amount of maybelene is going to save a face like that. :)

Site Admin
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 pm
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:Pretty sure all of the NFL websites are made by the same webmaster group so that would make their website irrelevant (9er site is also in other languages, nothing special). Wouldn't make much of the Air Asia thing either, it's just a sponsorship deal, organizations sink money into sponsorships for many reasons no. 1 being financial - obviously some do this better than others, lol (buying a paint job on a plan that will likely never be on US soil and most the people that fly on it will never see a Raider game). And as far as the colors go... sigh all i'm going to say if this mattered in the slightest bit then the Lakers, Vikings, Suns, etc would be extremely unpopular - we all know that isn't true. Also if your a guy that picks your team base on their colors then its cup check time.

I read some where that every year the NFL ranks NFL fan bases by size but I was unable to find a link. Unless someone can point to something like that, all this is speculation and homerism (new word, lol).

JREED23 wrote:raider fans are bigger cheerleaders and fly the colors more - just cause I don't have a 9er bumper sticker, decal, key chain, flag, dash ornament, etc... doesn't mean i'm not a 9er fan. I agree that it's probably too close to call it, but 5 SBs will go a long ways.

Good points about colours, I agree on the part about the Lameness of choosing to support a team cause your a fan of certain colour (TOTES WAK IN MY OPINION)

But as was the with the Golden State Warriors, I got a connection with them cause it was my primary school colours & then when i went into high school the Green, White & Black got me drawn to mutually follow a bit of Celtics.

As a kid my connection was definately to the 49'ers... I supported all Bay Area teams because of the WARRIORS connection, It wasn't until Randy Moss arrived that i truely started to love this ballclub... I guess there's a INNER NINER FAN somewhere in this body, But you know how **** is.. You can't be a CRIP & a BLOOD... It's either or or either nothing.

I'd say the RAIDER NATION is huge, But there's probably bigger International Market players out there (at the moment)... You see a lot of people rock the Silver N Black abroad internationally when we are winning, But when they losing, there's just a lot of stupid "inked up" kids with tattoos like "THUGGIN 247" printed across there chest n wearing the shield logo upon there head. (hell i got so many people who tell me how ****ing bad the L.A Raiders are - Dang son, they been in the O for the last 15 years fool)

I'd say just rough estimate that RAIDERS & NINERS both belong in top 10 even top 5 of internationally supported teams, Like you said JREED 5 SB's go along way for making space on the bandwagon & i'd call anyone who owns a Niner merchandise a proper fan cause RED & GOLD are just unfashionably sucky colour scheme (unlike SILVER N BLACK which is Trendy whatever the season & our merchandise sales are driven by Gangbanging wannabes)

while the crips and bloods reference might be true when it pertains to gangbangin but I know plenty of old timers that support both the Raiders and the 9ers - many of them were Raider fans before the move to LA and gave up on them and just fully supported the 9ers after, but a piece of them still like the Raiders.

where I live there are plenty of people that fly the Raider colors but couldn't tell you who there starting QB is, it's a image thing. But from my experience if someone around here is sporting 9er gear they are more than likely capable of having an actual football conversation. Believe me, there are a lot more people that rock raider gear around here and probably throughout the country/world but it doesn't make them fans. That's the reason why I don't think you can use that as a measuring tool. I'd say the top 5 internationally supported teams would be the Stealers, Cowboys, Patriots (SB's go a long way), Raiders, and maybe the 9ers or colts - but that's just what my gut tells me teams like the Bears or even the Packers my be more popular worldwide then the Raiders and 9ers - i dunno, I know the Bears are huge in the US.

» Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 am
Rest in Peace to The Assassin, Jack Tatum.... 61, died of a heart attack. Short clip on Tatum is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrDYQwwbuY

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm
It's a sad day...

Not only for the Sport of Football, But for the people whom grow moustaches.

during his playing days

priorities, after his career finishes

All Star
» Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm
Rest In Peace...Mr. J.T.....u will always our beloved Raiders Legend...

All Star
» Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:49 pm
TATUM...the LB Hit Of the Week....a very big part of the Raider swagger .....He will always be a Raider high light, and he was very much a human with compassion.

All Star
» Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:09 pm
yessss....finally got my LUCKY gift card from Raiders...$100.

but need to split with my buddy coz we bought the season tickets together....

btw, are u still visit us PAWNO......

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:37 am
GSW United wrote:yessss....finally got my LUCKY gift card from Raiders...$100.

Yeah buddy...

I'll be at 3 games this year

17/10: @ CANDLESTICK
31/10: vs SEAHAWKS
7/11: vs CHIEFS

We will have to drink a beer this time around!!!

All Star
» Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:05 pm
PAWNO wrote:
GSW United wrote:yessss....finally got my LUCKY gift card from Raiders...$100.

Yeah buddy...

I'll be at 3 games this year

17/10: @ CANDLESTICK
31/10: vs SEAHAWKS
7/11: vs CHIEFS

We will have to drink a beer this time around!!!

Cool....how much the airfare from aussie to bayarea?
i have few friends in aussie, they are in sydney and perth...
so u stay again with Joel this time?

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:39 pm
Aifrare over and back cost me $1250 AUS dollars.. the exchange rate at the moment... that probably equals $1100 U.S

I'm staying with JOEL again, but i'll be ducking over to New York for a week to see the BIG APPLE!!!

» Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:22 pm
wow pawno, i give you props man.

Maybe to save money, you should just move to norcal. Become a raider season ticket holder.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:wow pawno, i give you props man.

Maybe to save money, you should just move to norcal. Become a raider season ticket holder.

I'd love to move to NORCAL

But i'll wait til the lease is up at the Collesium and see if the team is Southbound (they might move back to L.A)

But if i wanna move to America, I'm gonna need to find a woman to marry cause you got real strict immigration, JOEL is trying to organise me to date his Lesbian Neighbour when i head over as the Leso dad will probably want her commited back to the (DIP Lifestyle"DIKINPUSS")

But if anyone has any potential wife candidates for me, more then happy to get my DATE on.

Franchise Player
» Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 am
So a few injuries in our Wide Receiver core at the moment.

Louis with a Concussion, Schillens with the sore foot... I think they're just taking it easy at the moment... Will they play vs Dallas in 7 days?
I can see Schillens being rested, But Louis should of recovered from his headknock since then. I think 1 thru 3 is set on this depth chart.... Position 4 is interesting camp battle.

We have 2008 sensation and 2009 Whodini Disappearance award when Johnie Lee Higgins regressed from such a fabulous 2008 campaign... Higgins will be battling it out with the ROOKIE & the FASTEST GUY AT THE COMBINE Mr Jacoby Ford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacoby_Ford

His BIO says he ran a 4.126 for the 40 yard dash... That time is unheard of!

There's also that guy NICK MILLER who rode the PINE every week last year & Tom Cable said he was going to return from Shin Splits... I think they put him on the IR List in week 17 realizing he wasn't going to come back .