Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm
ESPN's "My Wish" series with the story of 10-year-old Jailen Cooper. His wish is to meet the Raiders and his favorite player, Darren McFadden.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=538969 ... id=2378529

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:27 am
Beast Mode wrote:

Al has basically just been around a really long time. Bill Walsh got lucky with 3 players? Bill was an innovator. So Al is a great owner because he broke racial barriers? It was gonna happen regardless. He doesn't get bonus points for that. And lol at "great eye for talent" ... I point to the last 20 years

& NINERS FANS are QUICK TO FORGET THAT BILL WALSH IS O.G RAIDER!!!

I'm sure he would of been Al's next prodigy, But the fact is they had a better coach at the time in John Madden.

Bill Walsh just would of taken a lot of traits over from the Raiders org and built from there.
Last edited by PAWNO on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 am
bada wrote:WORST case is 7-9? come on GSW, that is a bit optimistic dont you think?

RAIDERS HAVE A EASY SCHEDULE THIS YEAR BRO!
(plus they have someone competent under Centre)

They've got the 6 games they play against the AFC WEST (granted they won't be easy wins, But they'll get there W's from the AFC WEST <Sweep Kansas, Sweep Broncos & i believe we will break our Chargers curse this year>

& then the WALKOVER DIVISION IN THE NFL

THE NFC WEST
W vs St Louis
W vs Cardinals
W vs Seahawks

Only issue game i got in that division is the Niners game. But even still i think the Raiders will have enough crowd support to win it.

I've just given you a 8 win season, WORST CASE!!!

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 am
Typical Pawno, talks about an easy schedule when he doesn't realize all the other teams point to the Raiders as an easy part of the schedule. 8 wins at least? are you kidding? I wish the Raiders well, I really do, but be realistic here, if the Raiders win 8 games, they should probably throw a parade.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 am
I think it's more like 8 wins MAX. Maybe 9 if **** goes your way. Very good defense, questionable offense.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 pm
The things is Raiders often beat a team over.500 and losing to the lousy teams... :banghead:

if this year they can take care those must win game, then we got a shot....

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:24 pm
GSW United wrote:The things is Raiders often beat a team over.500 and losing to the lousy teams... :banghead:

I agree GSW, strange how that happens. They do have potential. If DHB keeps progressing, he could have a really good year. Campbell throws a much more catchable ball.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm
the thing is in my head right now is, when we going to sign those first round pick....

seems like all are waiting Bradford deal....

if Bradford hold out for season, all they also hold out... :banghead:
geez, just sign the damn deal.....just add a million more than what last year market for those first round...
unproven but demand a lot money....its really like being Rape in the morning.... :banghead:

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:51 pm
The raiders will sign their guy... i wouldn't worry about that

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Yeah he's a linebacker ... easy contract. Rams are giving Bradford a record deal. Ridiculous that he could get 45 - 50 mill guaranteed without throwing a pass. Yet a 2000 rusher struggles to get half of what he is due.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:54 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah he's a linebacker ... easy contract. Rams are giving Bradford a record deal. Ridiculous that he could get 45 - 50 mill guaranteed without throwing a pass. Yet a 2000 rusher struggles to get half of what he is due.

Rookie contracts should be one of the first issues coming up. Its way out of hand. I sort of feel bad for the guy who stays in college and comes out as a top pick the year after it changes.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 pm
1st overall pick should be more around the 20-25 m dollar range ... some teams dont even want the pick cuz of the financial problems it brings ... that should NEVER be the case.

Site Admin
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 am
PAWNO wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Al has basically just been around a really long time. Bill Walsh got lucky with 3 players? Bill was an innovator. So Al is a great owner because he broke racial barriers? It was gonna happen regardless. He doesn't get bonus points for that. And lol at "great eye for talent" ... I point to the last 20 years

& NINERS FANS are QUICK TO FORGET THAT BILL WALSH IS O.G RAIDER!!!

I'm sure he would of been Al's next prodigy, But the fact is they had a better coach at the time in John Madden.

Bill Walsh just would of taken a lot of traits over from the Raiders org and built from there.
Who cares? seriously, it's like bucs fans saying the same thing about Steve Young... lol, I realize that you said "at the time" but the thought that madden is anywhere close to Walsh has me crying from lol'ing. Walsh innovated one of the most commonly used offensive systems in league history, Raiders offensive philosophy was: get the guy that can throw the ball the furthest and have him throw to the fastest guy - same as today... Accuracy > Power every day - Al doesn't realize this.

I know many of you Raider fan's watched Ice Cube sorry excuse for a documentary (his 30 for 30) and heard Al say that he'd be willing to move back if LA would build them a stadium. How much can you support you owner when he is willing to jump ship at anytime and that he prevented this deal from happening!? I mean, LA offered something like 750 mil to build the 9ers a stadium, and the 9ers wanted no part in it, lol. Offers like that aren't coming the Raider's way anytime while Al is still alive...

I just want to hear pawno say for once the thing that he knows to be true "Al Davis needs to step down/sell." I really don't hate the Raiders. I mean whats the point? we only play them 1 out of every 3-4 years and they have been a laughingstock of the league for the pat 6 or so seasons - it's like a Lakers fan hating the warriors - What's the point? The truth is, I actually want the Raiders to be good to help restore credibility to bay area football.

Site Admin
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:48 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
GSW United wrote:The things is Raiders often beat a team over.500 and losing to the lousy teams... :banghead:

I agree GSW, strange how that happens. They do have potential. If DHB keeps progressing, he could have a really good year. Campbell throws a much more catchable ball.
1st off, I'm a firm believer that teams play down to the Raiders as they down to a lot of teams that don't garner much respect - and they forgot that they are still an NFL franchise and the old adage "Any given Sunday." With that said, the Raiders did thoroughly out play the Eagles - a McNabb lead team who is a notorious quitter and not a hard worker and the most over rated QB of his generation.

2nd, I will bet anyone that DHBust doesn't come anywhere close to 900 yards or 90 catches - Actually i'd bet that he'll never catch more than 750 yards with 70 grabs... Because I'm a conservative better... But if I had to guess, he'd never catch more than 600 yards on 60 recs... He sucks, he suck in college, he sucked last year... OMFG!!!! seriously, don't be fooled by the fact that he was a 1st rounder, he was a 4th or 5th at best - anyone want to argue that? check his college stats that he amassed at a crappy school in a crappy conference... lol, i like you Rob and respect your opinion but to say: "If DHB keeps progressing, he could have a really good year." Is an obscene statement, lol, if he gets 18 catches for 248 yards with 2 TDs he will have DOUBLED his progression.

But I could be wrong, Campbell is at least good enough to be a NFL 2nd stringer, where as Russell would get dominated like a 15 lb dog in heat in the CFL, UFL, etc...

All Star
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:21 am
DHB is a good receiver and would have been picked in the first round regardless, just wasn't a top 3 receiver that year ..

I had em ranked:

1. Crabs
2. Nicks
3. Britt
4. Maclin
5. DHB

His hands aren't very good, his routes weren't very sharp but he had a knack for making plays. He also had HORRENDOUS QB play his entire stay at Maryland ... can't knock him for not having the greatest stats. I think getting drafted by the Raiders plus the pressure of outperforming all these other receivers that are clearly better than him must have got to him ... I still think he has a chance at being a good #2 receiver in the league but we'll see