Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1335
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:24 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
webelieve wrote:no its not if the niners dont make the playoffs its just il bet you the raiders dont make the playoffs


Sigbet!!!

DONE

How about the sigbet runs from the start of playoffs (Early January) thru to end of Warriors season (end of April- apologies about that, but i might have a Warriors sigbet planned by then :-)


aight "mate" ha no problem so just to make sure were clear

raiders dont make it your sig is mine

and if they do your sig is mine

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:41 am
webelieve wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
webelieve wrote:no its not if the niners dont make the playoffs its just il bet you the raiders dont make the playoffs


Sigbet!!!

DONE

How about the sigbet runs from the start of playoffs (Early January) thru to end of Warriors season (end of April- apologies about that, but i might have a Warriors sigbet planned by then :-)


aight "mate" ha no problem so just to make sure were clear

raiders dont make it your sig is mine

and if they do your sig is mine



is that the same bet as heads i win tails you lose :?:

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 am
Lane Kiffin was shouting out indirectly at Al Davis and his players.... he was saying how not enough talent is in this team and how there are players who have been cut by other teams not being signed by the organization.

here are kiffin's quotes:

"There's not very much competition on this field," Kiffin said after a lackluster practice Sunday. "Some guys have been released at other places, and people are picking them up. You'd like to pick up some of those guys and bring them in, because they've been in other camps, and push some of our guys.

"Unfortunately, there are some guys right now on our roster that are borderline guys that, as of today, would make it just because we don't have anybody else."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_10232282

.............

do u guys like an honest Lane Kiffin? or do u think he might be pushing buttons? I think in his mind he wants Walker gone, and might be stating quotes like this as there are decent recievers out in the free agent market not yet picked up. Either way, i think he is a lame duck coach!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:18 am
You think Kiffin is a lame duck coach? Funny... Pawno thinks he is the next Don Nelson.


I feel like as long as a coach is honest, it's fine. If he is just being mean, like how Ozzie Guillen can be, it's not cool, but Kiffin is just being realistic, which is great. I wish Mike Nolan was.

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:You think Kiffin is a lame duck coach? Funny... Pawno thinks he is the next Don Nelson.


I feel like as long as a coach is honest, it's fine. If he is just being mean, like how Ozzie Guillen can be, it's not cool, but Kiffin is just being realistic, which is great. I wish Mike Nolan was.


i think Al Davis needs to retire... i think he should still keep the team, but actually hire a GM like all the other Professional teams. I mean i love the guy for what he has done for 40 years, but as we see with other owners and coaches when they stay too long, they screw things up and don't jump with the times (bowden, paterno immediately come to mind).

I like Kiffin too, i hope Al Davis does not fire him... but recent history has me to believe this will be Kiffin's Last season barring a miracle run will occurs.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 pm
thing is this...if kiffin has a great season he wont have to work for Mr Al Davis.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:15 pm
can Mullin work part time as Raiders GM... :mrgreen:

Probably only Al Davis son can be Raiders GM in the future...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:04 pm
Kiffin hates Al. Once he sees another job opportunity open up, he'll take it... depending on who it is, of course. He loves coaching... he's just not happy with his boss.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:28 pm
He should have stayed at USC. Great team, great program, great weather, and an easy job.

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:43 pm
It isn't easy being Al. Traveling around looking at quarries, calling LA trying to get a deal, advising that uppity know-it-all coach who never remembers to run Al's suggested plays. Every time he tries to convince the players that hard fouls throw terror into the hearts of the opponents, like the Raiders of old, his coach yells at them and makes them do laps instead. Not easy.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:39 am
xbay wrote:Kiffin hates Al. Once he sees another job opportunity open up, he'll take it... depending on who it is, of course. He loves coaching... he's just not happy with his boss.


well wtf did he think he was getting into...give me a break....did Mrs. Davis change? he hates Al?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5907
» Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 pm
anyone see that WR from the Cards is on the trading block... Annaquin Boldin or whatever that fairy's name is...

now im not the one to support prima donna WR's But his a pretty good wideout. I'd much prefer Larry Fitzgerald though.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:53 pm
JOEL wrote:
xbay wrote:Kiffin hates Al. Once he sees another job opportunity open up, he'll take it... depending on who it is, of course. He loves coaching... he's just not happy with his boss.


well wtf did he think he was getting into...give me a break....did Mrs. Davis change? he hates Al?


The thing is Kiffin should have known how much Al will push him around. He either has to adjust to it or leave.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5907
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:24 am
Don't know if anyone else has seen this but Gene Upshaw has just passed away!!!

Dude was a one of the greatest players at his position and was part of the greatest ever Offensive Line. My heart and well wishes go out to him and his family.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Don't know if anyone else has seen this but Gene Upshaw has just passed away!!!

Dude was a one of the greatest players at his position and was part of the greatest ever Offensive Line. My heart and well wishes go out to him and his family.


WOW, that sucks! RIP Gene.

Wonder how that will affect the Players Association and the upcoming labor negotiations.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests