Jason Kidd to Dallas...AGAIN

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm
I don't either. Devin Harris is a fine, young talent. But you cannot get equal value for a player like Jason Kidd. It's like the Kevin Garnett trade. Al Jefferson is a nice player, too, but KG's in a league of his own.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:57 pm
Of course there are certain players that will be considered in a league to themselves. When trading one of these players (wether they demand it, or you will not be able to resign them) you have to look at the best available offer, as there is no "equal value" for your player on the trade block
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:47 am
I just think that Deal 2 was so much worse than Deal 1, for Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, that its turned into a joke. They get to keep two extra rotation players from the deal (Stackhouse, George), they're trading a guy that hasn't played in a year & a half, and, on top of that, Jersey had to throw in an extra guy this time around. Sure, Devin Harris and the draft picks are nice payment for Kidd, but the rest of the deal just went downhill for Jersey.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:50 pm
The only part I don't like about this trade is that Dallas added two first round picks. That was unnecessary.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:23 am
Jason Kidd starts off his Mavs career with a stellar 8 points, 5 assists, and 6 turnovers. While he'll obviously do better later on, I don't see how you can possibly call him a better player than Chris Paul, who I don't think has had a single game that bad all year.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:11 am
xbaywarrior wrote:The only part I don't like about this trade is that Dallas added two first round picks. That was unnecessary.

:scratch:

Those two picks were also part of the first deal, buddy. They've replaced Gerorge and Stackhouse for Hassell and Van Horn, but the picks and the rest of the players involved stayed the same.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:57 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:The only part I don't like about this trade is that Dallas added two first round picks. That was unnecessary.

Those two picks were also part of the first deal, buddy. They've replaced Gerorge and Stackhouse for Hassell and Van Horn, but the picks and the rest of the players involved stayed the same.

I know that. What I meant was why add the two first rounders? I mean sure they'll be late-first rounders, but with the right scouting and what not, that's quality right there. Especially since the Nets look to rebuild for the future now.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

I know that. What I meant was why add the two first rounders? I mean sure they'll be late-first rounders, but with the right scouting and what not, that's quality right there. Especially since the Nets look to rebuild for the future now.

my guess would be to HELP replace the value of kidd. cuz the players involved added up in monetary value and devin harris has a bright future ahead of him, but none of the players could add up to anywhere near kidd's talent value.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:15 pm
EMan32 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

my guess would be to HELP replace the value of kidd. cuz the players involved added up in monetary value and devin harris has a bright future ahead of him, but none of the players could add up to anywhere near kidd's talent value.

I agree to that but what I was pointing at was why would Dallas add two first rounders? Just trading those players and cash was good enough. No need to add picks. What were they trying to do?... sweeten the deal?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:28 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I agree to that but what I was pointing at was why would Dallas add two first rounders? Just trading those players and cash was good enough. No need to add picks. What were they trying to do?... sweeten the deal?

Yep. Maybe New Jersey was having second thoughts at the last minute...

Point is, those picks probably saved the deal.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:23 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Jason Kidd starts off his Mavs career with a stellar 8 points, 5 assists, and 6 turnovers. While he'll obviously do better later on, I don't see how you can possibly call him a better player than Chris Paul, who I don't think has had a single game that bad all year.

Because Kidd has the intagibles that Paul doesn't. Paul is a fantasy basketball player, whereas Kidd's impact goes far beyond the stat sheet. Of course he had a horrible game, after only practicing with his team once (as opposed to Shaq, who had 2 weeks to prepare). Don't get me wrong; Paul is a phenominal point guard. I just think that Jason Kidd helps his team win more than any other point guard in the league. He brings better playmaking skills than anyone else in the league (yes, better than Steve Nash... Kidd would average 16 APG in that system), not to mention he can guard multiple positions, rebound the ball, and has become a respectable jump shooter in his later years. Paul will get better numbers, but Kidd will do more for Dallas.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:01 am
Any doubt any more who the better player is? Chris Paul just raped J-Kidd over five games, and there really isn't much of an argument between the second most valuable player in the league and the third most valuable player on a 7th seed team.
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Sports Board