Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 am
anybody else download the UFC unleashed Demo? it's pretty damn amazing
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 am
RobDIKUM wrote:anybody else download the UFC unleashed Demo? it's pretty damn amazing

Is that for PS2 or PS3 or xbox? What's it like? At all like the real thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:14 am
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:anybody else download the UFC unleashed Demo? it's pretty damn amazing

Is that for PS2 or PS3 or xbox? What's it like? At all like the real thing

i downloaded it for the 360. It is under new arrivals in the marketplace for game demos. It's freakin amazing. In the demo you only get to pick from Liddel and Rua, but the actual game has like 80 fighters and create a fighter. They give you a tutorial on how to play also. It is a lot like the real thing. It's not just stand up and beat each other up. You can work the ground game really well on there
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:44 pm
It's pretty cool. Seems really easy to land hits, though. I hope you can change the difficulty on that. But overall, the demo was cool, still... I'm probably going to rent it before I buy it.

EDIT;

Okay, so it's set. Anderson Silva will take on Forrest Griffin August 8th. This one will be good. They're calling it Silva's "toughest test".
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:51 pm
xbay wrote:Okay, so it's set. Anderson Silva will take on Forrest Griffin August 8th. This one will be good. They're calling it Silva's "toughest test".

Silva was not good his last two fights and UFC want him to get back to being the showcase he was, the arguably best fighter in MMA. Will be at Light Heavyweight I take it and should be Silva's toughest fight yet. Reckon he'll win and might even end up being the first man ever in UFC to hold two titles at the same time. Reckon he should take on Bisping at Middle weight next and then, if he beats Bisping, he should take on the undefeated Damien Maia

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm
Honestly, I think it's a tough one to call at first. I talked with my friend about it and we both hesitated to pick who'd win the fight. This fight is for the ages, in our opinions.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm
xbay wrote:Honestly, I think it's a tough one to call at first. I talked with my friend about it and we both hesitated to pick who'd win the fight. This fight is for the ages, in our opinions.

I will not favour against Anderson Silva until he loses and he hasn't in a long time. If Silva beats Griffin, he should then defend his middleweight title and after that, he should get a shot at the lightweight title, against Rashad Evans or whoever the champion at that time is. I actually would like to see him go against St. Pierre in a non title fight, just to see who wins and after that Silva should have a shot at the lightweight championship.

Just to say as well, I pick Machida to beat Evans for the lightweight title

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:10 am
Hey mig, tell me more about Michida. I haven't really seen much from this fella and don't know about him much either. I watched that whole thing they showed on Spike with the backround of both Machida and Evans. From what I took out of the show, he looks very disciplined, and will only attack when he sees the perfect opportunity to do so. He's also pretty swift defensively; he can dodge kicks and punches well.

Got any more on this guy?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 am
xbay wrote:Hey mig, tell me more about Michida. I haven't really seen much from this fella and don't know about him much either. I watched that whole thing they showed on Spike with the backround of both Machida and Evans. From what I took out of the show, he looks very disciplined, and will only attack when he sees the perfect opportunity to do so. He's also pretty swift defensively; he can dodge kicks and punches well.

I don't like evans too much but Machida looks too much like Scott Peterson for me to go for him. :mrgreen:

I'll be going for Forrest as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 am
xbay wrote:Hey mig, tell me more about Michida. I haven't really seen much from this fella and don't know about him much either. I watched that whole thing they showed on Spike with the backround of both Machida and Evans. From what I took out of the show, he looks very disciplined, and will only attack when he sees the perfect opportunity to do so. He's also pretty swift defensively; he can dodge kicks and punches well.

Basically, Machidais half brazilian and hihalf japanese, his father being a very prominent figure in Japanese karate. What he has is what no other fighter I've seen in the UFC has and that's the use of other marial arts other than wrestling, BJJ, boxing and muay thai and that's karate. He uses the quick hits taught in karate very well. Karate is not practical for a fight, at least not against muay thai/kickboxing and boxing. Machida uses the quickness for offense and defense, as he gets out of the way of his opponent's attack very, very well, unlike anybody else actually, as he takes less damage than any other fighter in UFC. He does have experience in all the other martial arts I mentioned, but it is his use of the good technique of karate, not the useless moves, that makes him unique and very effective.

Machida is good standing and on the ground, being a BJJ black belt, though he prefers to hit and move. Many think he has not fought tough competition and though he is undefeated, many think he is not as accomplished as greats like Liddell, Rampage and Wanderlei Silva. Machida has beaten very good and reknowned opponents such as Sokoudjou, Ortiz and most recently, the unbeaten Thiago Silva, all in the UFC and before coming to the UFC, he beat BJ Penn (open weight class) and Rich Franklin (Franklin's first ever loss). That's proven ability and credibility.

I pick Machida to beat Rashad Evans, but it might go the distance, with Evans mostly chasing Machida and getting caught with some kicks. I do think Machida can knock Evans out pretty quick though. Both fighters have never lost so someone will lose for the first time

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 am
mma rocks! :headbang:

machida vs evans... great matchup! its gonna be a good fight... im pulling for evans...

machida is a smart fighter. he's very elusive and his striking is accurate and powerful.

evans is also a smart fighter... he's very strong ( he won the ultimate fighter as a heavy weight ) he's one of the best wrestlers in the ufc and his standup game is on point.

i have a feeling this fight will go the distance... victory to machida... because he's so good at scoring points and winning rounds...

if evans wants to win the fight he's going to have to take machida to the ground and ground and pound him.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:50 am
xbay wrote:Okay, so it's set. Anderson Silva will take on Forrest Griffin August 8th. This one will be good. They're calling it Silva's "toughest test".

im predicting a 1st round KO... Silva remains the champion.
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:28 am
Haven't seen the event, but got the results of the two main event fights.

Hughes beat Serra, somewhat controversially, by decision after the three rounds, 29-28. It has been said that Serra easily won round one and marginally won round three.

Machida is the new Lightheavy weight champion after stopping Evans in the second round with punches. Machida is only getting better and I can't see any of the current fighters beating him. He is undefeated and I have a feeling that Anderson Silva, the middle weight champion,will go against him for the lightheavy weight title in a year or so and that will be Machida's biggest challenge

KC wrote:

im predicting a 1st round KO... Silva remains the champion.

That fight is at lightheavy weight, Silva fights there now as well

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:22 pm
machida = best fighter on the planet... imo

i need to see machida vs silva!!!
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm
UFC 2009 Undisputed.... is the sh*t.

I cannot get enough of the game. So far on career mode, I'm 13-5. Loss to Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz twice each, and Shogun once. But I was able to avenge my fight against Ortiz. And I'm about to go up against Shogun. Notable wins were TKO's twice against Liddell and Wanderlei Silva, as well as a TKO win over Rampage.

But online is tough, from what I've heard. I haven't gotten around to play it, yet, but from what I've heard, people use their created characters and they're extremely tough to beat, even if you use a UFC fighter. Their stats are usually all the way up in takedowns and submissions, so they'd take you down, and you're as good as done unless you're really good at getting out.

Oh, and my friend told me the classic matches are tough as hell. The TKO ones are easy, but the submissions are tough since you have to get them to tap in a certain round, at a certain time.

I'm telling you right now, Fight Night Round 4's demo play is SICK and SO REALISTIC just like UFC's. So while I expect FN to sell well, UFC is going to compete neck and neck with them on the market.

Great game, 9.2/10.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board