Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:12 am
E-Man wrote:
xbay wrote:
E-Man wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Did anyone watch UFC 87 "Seek and Destroy" tonight

Brock Lesner owned Heath the Cowboy "Homo"

His wrestling technique was flawless and it was gameover for the Texan Cowboy when Heath landed that big punch.

I also liked GSP... His a great welterweight fighte.

yeah brock did own him...but he was an asshole. brock is gonna have no respect from anyone around the organization. you can pretty much tell in joe rogans voice that he was disgusted by the pony ride at the end of the match...tho it was pretty friggin hilarious.

GSP is sav...hands down...it was a pretty good fight tho...i havent seen GSP bleed like that.

I don't think Brock is fighting for respect... not that he needs to. His job was pretty much on the line because they paid big money on him to fight in the UFC and he wasn't winning. So it looked like like Brock was on his way out if he didn't win.

it was only brocks first UFC fight...his 3rd MMA fight. the reason he's getting paid to be in UFC is cuz he brings the entertainment aspect to it. if you watch the match from the pre-match interviews til the post match interview, you can tell he still has that WWE brock lesnar in him. it's kind of sickening to see that it's coming to that point.

Will see UFC 87 in a few days. Completely forgot this thread I created but for me, the most greatest development is Forest Griffin beating Rampage for the Light Heavyweight title

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Rampage is starting to fall off. He's starting to lose it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm
they were talking about setting up a match between GSP and BJ Penn. thatll be a good match to see. i think they were talking about BJ losing weight and moving down rather than GSP moving up. should be a good fight tho.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:05 am
E-Man wrote:they were talking about setting up a match between GSP and BJ Penn. thatll be a good match to see. i think they were talking about BJ losing weight and moving down rather than GSP moving up. should be a good fight tho.

BJ Penn is the Lightweight champion so to fight GSP he'd have to gain weight and go up to Welterweight.

GSP beat him in a close fight about three years ago but is a much better fighter now, especially on the ground

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:21 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:they were talking about setting up a match between GSP and BJ Penn. thatll be a good match to see. i think they were talking about BJ losing weight and moving down rather than GSP moving up. should be a good fight tho.

BJ Penn is the Lightweight champion so to fight GSP he'd have to gain weight and go up to Welterweight.

err yeah...thats what i meant :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:05 am
migya wrote:

GSP beat him in a close fight about three years ago but is a much better fighter now, especially on the ground

I don't like BJ moving up in weight. Absolutly dominant at lightweight.
While I agree that GSP has improved so has BJ. His work ethic now is much better than it was when he first fought GSP. Can't just surf and eat fast food and then expect to compete at a high level on talent alone. BJ's stand-up against Sherk was dominant and his ground game has always been his bread and butter.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:30 am
Linc Mob wrote:
migya wrote:

I don't like BJ moving up in weight. Absolutly dominant at lightweight.
While I agree that GSP has improved so has BJ. His work ethic now is much better than it was when he first fought GSP. Can't just surf and eat fast food and then expect to compete at a high level on talent alone. BJ's stand-up against Sherk was dominant and his ground game has always been his bread and butter.

BJ has definately started to be much more serious and many guys would kill to have his natural ability and instincts. I still think GSP will beat BJ without much problem, as he has just become an expert in all facets of MMA.

Anderson Silva has also started fighting in Light Heavyweight division, while still being the Middle weight champion and that is absolutely huge as I think he can be the first guy ever to hold to UFC titles at once. He beat his first opponent at Light Heavyweight in about thirty seconds and he could well dominate at that weight as well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:22 am
Anyone watch UFC here?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:46 am
Im a big MMA fan.

Anderson Silva
B.J Penn
GSP
Nogueira
Rashad Evans

...Are some of the fighters a root for.

What do you think about that mad man Junie Browning, the kid on the Ultimate Fighter?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 am
Mr.KC wrote:Im a big MMA fan.

Anderson Silva
B.J Penn
GSP
Nogueira
Rashad Evans

...Are some of the fighters a root for.

What do you think about that mad man Junie Browning, the kid on the Ultimate Fighter?

I don't have access to Ultimate Fighter but I do watch all the UFC big events, like UFC 84, 85 etc.

I'm now intrigued by the upcoming St. Pierre v Penn matchup, should be interesting, though I pick St. Pierre.

The Heavyweight title runnings is very interesting as well with Couture coming back and going against Lesnar, a very interesting matchup. Reckon Couture will outsmart him with his extensive experience. Nog v Mir could be good but reckon Nogeira will win

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 am
GSP v Penn is going to be a great matchup. Im going with GSP because of his conditioning. I wouldn't be surprised if Penn caught him in a submission and tapped GSP out.

Couture v Lesnar is an exciting match as well. Dana White wants Lesnor to be his heavyweight champ so bad. Couture will out outsmart him and most likely win the fight. Lesnar is a beast. He is huge and explosive and if he catches Couture on the chin its lights out.

Here are some clips of Junie Browning on the Ultimate Fighter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3leRFdU5A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbJZ9bgDgw [/youtube]
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 am
UFC 90 happened a couple of weeks ago and Thiago Alves cemented himself as #1 contender in Welterweight division by winning over Koscheck by unanimous decision in a very good and close fight. He didn't look all that dominant though and St Pierre had a better performance against Koscheck when they fought just over a year ago.

Anderson Silva still looks unbeatable but was not dominant against Cote and had that ACL injury not happened, Silva would have won by decision only and not by that much even

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 am
Brock Lesnar just beat Randy Couture to become the new Heavy Weight champion at UFC 91. Hope that arrogant prik gets smashed real soon

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm
migya wrote:Brock Lesnar just beat Randy Couture to become the new Heavy Weight champion at UFC 91. Hope that arrogant prik gets smashed real soon

agreed, he souldnt of even got a title shot. Noguera or Mir will take the title back. Whats up with bringing Sable to the fight?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 am
migya wrote:UFC 90 happened a couple of weeks ago and Thiago Alves cemented himself as #1 contender in Welterweight division by winning over Koscheck by unanimous decision in a very good and close fight. He didn't look all that dominant though and St Pierre had a better performance against Koscheck when they fought just over a year ago.

Anderson Silva still looks unbeatable but was not dominant against Cote and had that ACL injury not happened, Silva would have won by decision only and not by that much even

What was up with Silver in that fight. He was so standoffish
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board