The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 am
UFC 110 happened last night in Sydney, Australia. First time down here and good to see that happen.

Chris Lytle beat Brian Foster by KO eary in the first round.

Krzysztof Soszynski beat Stephan Bonnar early in the third round.

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic beat Anthony Perosh by a vicious cut from an elbow and the fight was stopped between the second and third rounds.

Ryan Bader beat Keith Jardine in somewhat of an upset, in the third round.

George Sotiropoulos beat Joe Stevenson in a real upset, by unanimous decision. The greek Australian George Sotiropoulos has won three straight in the UFC and Stevenson, a top 5 Lightweight, was the favourite. He has won all of his four fights in the UFC and could be a real contender to Penn's title.

Wanderlei Silva beat Michael Bisping unanimous decision. Wanderlei Silva, now dropping to Middleweight wants to challenge Anderson Silva, his former training partner and this was a big win.

Cain Velasquez beat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira very early in the first round. This is the biggest thrashing "Big Nog" has ever had and Cain Velasquez has to be the #1 contender for the Heavyweight title. He is the real deal and has been incredibly impressive since coming to the UFC. What a spanking of the legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a way that he has never been beaten. Cain Velasquez, the wrestler, has become great in his striking and in this fight he showed how great he really is. Reckon he could beat Lesnar

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 am
migya wrote:UFC 110 happened last night in Sydney, Australia. First time down here and good to see that happen.

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic beat Anthony Perosh by a vicious cut from an elbow and the fight was stopped between the second and third rounds.

George Sotiropoulos beat Joe Stevenson in a real upset, by unanimous decision. The greek Australian George Sotiropoulos has won three straight in the UFC and Stevenson, a top 5 Lightweight, was the favourite. He has won all of his four fights in the UFC and could be a real contender to Penn's title.

Wanderlei Silva beat Michael Bisping unanimous decision. Wanderlei Silva, now dropping to Middleweight wants to challenge Anderson Silva, his former training partner and this was a big win.

Cain Velasquez beat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira very early in the first round. This is the biggest thrashing "Big Nog" has ever had and Cain Velasquez has to be the #1 contender for the Heavyweight title. He is the real deal and has been incredibly impressive since coming to the UFC. What a spanking of the legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a way that he has never been beaten. Cain Velasquez, the wrestler, has become great in his striking and in this fight he showed how great he really is. Reckon he could beat Lesnar

BEST DAMN FIGHT CARD IN YEARS!!!!

I was actually wondering if you were there Migya :)

Every fight was awesome, except it was very said to see Minotauro get beat by that douche Velasquez. He needs Epic Beard Man to knock that racist tat off his chest.

I'm an old Pride fan, seen every Pride, so this card was a blast from the past. If they pull Igor Vov out of retirement to fight in the UFC I'll actually cry tears of joy.

Best fighter of the night was George Sotiropoulos, hands down. Between this fight and the last he was in against Jason Dent, George is now one of my favorites. His all around game is just awesome, and Joe Daddy was a HUGE test for him. Anyone who can beat Joe Daddy is a top level fighter.

GREAT FIGHT CARD!!!!

btw the aussies were excellent fans. It cracked me up when they first started chanting "AUUUSS-IEE, AUUUSS-IEE" It kinda sounded like they were chanting "BUUUUL SHIIIIT, BUUUUL SHIIIIT." My buddy and I were like "why are they pissed off, this is one of the best fights ever" :)

Must reiterate.... GREAT FIGHT CARD!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm
migya wrote:UFC 110 happened last night in Sydney, Australia. First time down here and good to see that happen.

I really like Lytle. My friend introduced me to him last night, and wow... that guy is good.

I just like how Krzysztof's name is spelled.

Cro Cop looked the best I've ever seen him in a while. His striking looked better.

I don't like Jardine, that guy needs to go back to Fight Night... he's not worth the PPV anymore.

I like Joe Daddy, but man... he got beat good.

I HATE Bisping, and I was really hoping he'd tap during that guillotine, but I'm happy he lost.

I'm really happy for Cain. He's young, he's up and coming. His boxing is real impressive because he throws real heavy. I knew he'd win, but I just didn't think it'd happen like that. Nog got rocked hard.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:22 pm
Chum wrote:

Every fight was awesome, except it was very said to see Minotauro get beat by that douche Velasquez. He needs Epic Beard Man to knock that racist tat off his chest.

I'm an old Pride fan, seen every Pride, so this card was a blast from the past. If they pull Igor Vov out of retirement to fight in the UFC I'll actually cry tears of joy.

Best fighter of the night was George Sotiropoulos, hands down. Between this fight and the last he was in against Jason Dent, George is now one of my favorites. His all around game is just awesome, and Joe Daddy was a HUGE test for him. Anyone who can beat Joe Daddy is a top level fighter.

GREAT FIGHT CARD!!!!

btw the aussies were excellent fans. It cracked me up when they first started chanting "AUUUSS-IEE, AUUUSS-IEE" It kinda sounded like they were chanting "BUUUUL SHIIIIT, BUUUUL SHIIIIT." My buddy and I were like "why are they pissed off, this is one of the best fights ever" :)

haha, no man, I live in Perth, the other side of Australia, like LA compared to New York.

I haven't actually seen the fights, just seen the results, though I did see the Velasquez v Big Nog fight, off an MMA site, and it was impressive.

Good to hear it was a great fight card, it surprises me actually because some of the names I didn't recognise and haven't seen fight in the UFC before

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:26 pm
It really was probably the best fight card in a while. Nothing bored me and I always stayed into the action. Check out MMALinker.com, mig. They have all the fights posted.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:32 pm
xbay wrote:It really was probably the best fight card in a while. Nothing bored me and I always stayed into the action. Check out MMALinker.com, mig. They have all the fights posted.

I use that site for the fights, but yesterday I only saw a couple of them on there

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:It really was probably the best fight card in a while. Nothing bored me and I always stayed into the action. Check out MMALinker.com, mig. They have all the fights posted.

I use that site for the fights, but yesterday I only saw a couple of them on there

Oh, yeah well they posted all the fights already. I'd say most definitely check out the Bisping/Silva fight. The Stevenson/Sotiropoulos is a pretty entertaining one as well. And if you like something quick, yet real impressive... watch the Lytle/Foster fight. Everything else is up in the air to watch, or at least that's my opinion.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 am
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:

GREAT FIGHT CARD!!!!

haha, no man, I live in Perth, the other side of Australia, like LA compared to New York.

I haven't actually seen the fights, just seen the results, though I did see the Velasquez v Big Nog fight, off an MMA site, and it was impressive.

Good to hear it was a great fight card, it surprises me actually because some of the names I didn't recognise and haven't seen fight in the UFC before

how;'d you not see em mate? They were live on One!

Valasquez was real impressive. Obviously a beastly wrestler but his standup is real clean. Props to the Ozzie crash test dummy Cro Crop beat up. Can't believe he wanted to keep going lol
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:

GREAT FIGHT CARD!!!!

how;'d you not see em mate? They were live on One!

Valasquez was real impressive. Obviously a beastly wrestler but his standup is real clean. Props to the Ozzie crash test dummy Cro Crop beat up. Can't believe he wanted to keep going lol

Which channel's that? Is it one of these new High Definition channels?

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:55 pm
UFC Live happened last night and it put together some decent fights with average to good endings. Some notables..

John Howard defeated Daniel Roberts by punch. This knockout was BRUTAL. I forgot what punch floored Roberts, but it was so nasty that Roberts' eyes were still open after that first punch. Howard hit him a couple more times since the ref was slow to react to stop the fight. It took a celebration and commercial break just to get Roberts to sit up. That's how bad it was.

Clay Guida defeated Shannon Gugerty by arm-triangle choke. Guida needed this fight after coming off losses to Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian.

Alessio Sakara defeated James Irvin by punch. Basically, Sakara landed a punch on Irvin in which one of his knuckles went into Irvin's eye causing Irvin to call for time cause he couldn't see. This led to the ref calling the match.

Cheick Kongo defeated Paul Buentello by elbows to the body. This was an easy fight for Kongo, as he was going against an out of shape opponent. The guy tapped out after the beating he took.

Junior dos Santos defeated Gabriel Gonzaga by punches. And it was in CONVINCING fashion. He landed a left hook to the head on Gonzaga which floored him leading to Junior to punch the crap out of Gonzaga.

Jon Jones defeated Brandon Vera by punches. And this as well was in CONVINCING fashion. He threw an elbow while on the ground with Vera near his right eye leading Vera to cover up because he was real hurt. Jones has lived up the hype so far AND he's only 22! Dana White isn't going to rush him though. He'll get him his title shot, but he doesn't want to rush him into fighting the top heavyweights.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 pm
the elbow bones jones landed on vera connected with bad intentions... i think he broke veras orbital bone... nasty hit!! made a crazy loud noise!
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm
GSP the best all around UFC fighter. He will dominate Hardy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 pm
xbay wrote:UFC Live happened last night and it put together some decent fights with average to good endings. Some notables..

John Howard defeated Daniel Roberts by punch. This knockout was BRUTAL. I forgot what punch floored Roberts, but it was so nasty that Roberts' eyes were still open after that first punch. Howard hit him a couple more times since the ref was slow to react to stop the fight. It took a celebration and commercial break just to get Roberts to sit up. That's how bad it was.

Clay Guida defeated Shannon Gugerty by arm-triangle choke. Guida needed this fight after coming off losses to Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian.

Alessio Sakara defeated James Irvin by punch. Basically, Sakara landed a punch on Irvin in which one of his knuckles went into Irvin's eye causing Irvin to call for time cause he couldn't see. This led to the ref calling the match.

Cheick Kongo defeated Paul Buentello by elbows to the body. This was an easy fight for Kongo, as he was going against an out of shape opponent. The guy tapped out after the beating he took.

Junior dos Santos defeated Gabriel Gonzaga by punches. And it was in CONVINCING fashion. He landed a left hook to the head on Gonzaga which floored him leading to Junior to punch the crap out of Gonzaga.

Jon Jones defeated Brandon Vera by punches. And this as well was in CONVINCING fashion. He threw an elbow while on the ground with Vera near his right eye leading Vera to cover up because he was real hurt. Jones has lived up the hype so far AND he's only 22! Dana White isn't going to rush him though. He'll get him his title shot, but he doesn't want to rush him into fighting the top heavyweights.

Gonzaga moves down the rankings and will not get another title shot for a long time now and that's if he beats everyone he goes against from now on. Dos Santos looks for real and I'd like to see him go against Valesquez. Vera also drops in the rankings and he may never get a title shot with the recent losses he's had

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 am
Actually, there were rumors that Velasquez will take on Brock Lesnar... especially after Cain talked about how he felt he deserved a shot against him.

Who Dos Santos fights is up in the air, but if I had to put my money on it... I'd put it on him fighting the loser of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin heavyweight title fight this Saturday. With the winner of Velasquez/Lesnar(if that happens) taking on the winner of the Mir/Carwin fight.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 am
xbay wrote:Actually, there were rumors that Velasquez will take on Brock Lesnar... especially after Cain talked about how he felt he deserved a shot against him.

Who Dos Santos fights is up in the air, but if I had to put my money on it... I'd put it on him fighting the loser of the Frank Mir/Shane Carwin heavyweight title fight this Saturday. With the winner of Velasquez/Lesnar(if that happens) taking on the winner of the Mir/Carwin fight.

It was said that the winner of Mir/Carwin will take on Lesnar next, as apparently Lesnar is still getting back to 100%

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board