The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:43 am
Anyone catch Strikeforce? I'm not a fan, cause the only person I like there is Fedor, but I decided to catch it since he was fighting and Jake Shields is from San Francisco.

Gegard Mousasi looks really solid as a light heavyweight. I'd like to see Dana make a pitch for him and bring him to the UFC.

Jake Shields is a strict ground game fighter. He has no stand up, and especially against a guy like Jason Miller(whom I loved watching his entrance) that likes stand up. But Jake has great Jiu-Jitsu; he dominated the match with his ground transitions. The fight got boring, but everyone should of known Jake's a ground guy. Miller talked all that smack about how he'd block all the takedowns... not once did he sprawl.

And of course Fedor. Rogers actually looked good, but Fedor looked even better. His KO punch was just a straight, but he seemed to throw his whole weight into that one punch and it caught Rogers right on the jaw. No doubt, he's looking like the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now if not the most unstoppable force I've ever seen. Seriously, if I could picture Dana watching that fight at home, he'd be saying... "SH*T." I really hope Dana can bring him over to the UFC sometime in the near future. Would love to see him take care of Brock.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:27 am
xbay wrote:Anyone catch Strikeforce? I'm not a fan, cause the only person I like there is Fedor, but I decided to catch it since he was fighting and Jake Shields is from San Francisco.

Gegard Mousasi looks really solid as a light heavyweight. I'd like to see Dana make a pitch for him and bring him to the UFC.

Jake Shields is a strict ground game fighter. He has no stand up, and especially against a guy like Jason Miller(whom I loved watching his entrance) that likes stand up. But Jake has great Jiu-Jitsu; he dominated the match with his ground transitions. The fight got boring, but everyone should of known Jake's a ground guy. Miller talked all that smack about how he'd block all the takedowns... not once did he sprawl.

And of course Fedor. Rogers actually looked good, but Fedor looked even better. His KO punch was just a straight, but he seemed to throw his whole weight into that one punch and it caught Rogers right on the jaw. No doubt, he's looking like the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now if not the most unstoppable force I've ever seen. Seriously, if I could picture Dana watching that fight at home, he'd be saying... "SH*T." I really hope Dana can bring him over to the UFC sometime in the near future. Would love to see him take care of Brock.

Yeah, I watched it.

Second time I have seen Mousasi and he is really a good fighter. Looks like such a dufus though :)

The Shields/Miller fight was a snooze fest from a pure action point of view but a technical clinin in BJJ from Shields. Was amazing to see Shields attached like glue to Miller for 25 min and get him in so many dominant positions. That was as good of BJJ as I have seen in awhile.

Yesh, Rogers looked really good. He is really agile and fast for such a big man. Fedor really only had two punches that landed the whole fight but wow, were they two hard and flush punches. The KO punch was devestasting. Thought it was stopped a but quick but just saved Rogers some extra punishment in all likelyhood.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:03 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:Anyone catch Strikeforce? I'm not a fan, cause the only person I like there is Fedor, but I decided to catch it since he was fighting and Jake Shields is from San Francisco.

Yeah, I watched it.

Second time I have seen Mousasi and he is really a good fighter. Looks like such a dufus though :)

The Shields/Miller fight was a snooze fest from a pure action point of view but a technical clinin in BJJ from Shields. Was amazing to see Shields attached like glue to Miller for 25 min and get him in so many dominant positions. That was as good of BJJ as I have seen in awhile.

Yesh, Rogers looked really good. He is really agile and fast for such a big man. Fedor really only had two punches that landed the whole fight but wow, were they two hard and flush punches. The KO punch was devestasting. Thought it was stopped a but quick but just saved Rogers some extra punishment in all likelyhood.

I think if Shields worked on his stand up, he'd be one of the most balanced, feared middleweight fighters. What was real impressive was that he survived about 8 seconds of a Rear Naked Choke. I kept praying he wouldn't tap, and he held his ground and didn't panic.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 am

Fedor should want to go to the UFC to really test himself and really prove that he is the best ever. Running around fighting for anyone but the UFC does look like he is avoiding the best competition

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:54 pm
migya wrote:

Fedor should want to go to the UFC to really test himself and really prove that he is the best ever. Running around fighting for anyone but the UFC does look like he is avoiding the best competition

Yeah, I'd really like to see him prove his worth against the likes of Lesnar, Carwin, Kongo, Velasquez and others. Everyone writes off those guys easily, saying Fedor would manhandle them. Okay, let me see him prove that.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, I'd really like to see him prove his worth against the likes of Lesnar, Carwin, Kongo, Velasquez and others. Everyone writes off those guys easily, saying Fedor would manhandle them. Okay, let me see him prove that.

I'd say right now he get's around a million reasons per fight not to enter the UFC lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 pm
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

I'd say right now he get's around a million reasons per fight not to enter the UFC lol

Haha, yeah, I actually love Fedor, it's just I really really wanna see him in the UFC.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 am
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Haha, yeah, I actually love Fedor, it's just I really really wanna see him in the UFC.

oh me too man, on both accounts. The sticking point was always if he signed to UFC, he couldn't fight anywhere else-namely samba comps in is homeland

If true, this seems a little crazy from Dana
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 am
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

oh me too man, on both accounts. The sticking point was always if he signed to UFC, he couldn't fight anywhere else-namely samba comps in is homeland

If true, this seems a little crazy from Dana

That's awful. If I heard and read correctly, he's well loved by Americans and more known by Americans than Russians.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 am
UFC 104 happened a couple of days ago and Couture beat Brandan Vera in what was seen as a wrong decision

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:52 am
I heard this morning that Lesnar may never fight again. He has a pretty serious intestinal infection.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:55 am
"Always" Next wrote:I heard this morning that Lesnar may never fight again. He has a pretty serious intestinal infection.

That would be a huge shock and unfair, as Lesnar, though an attitude as such, is perhaps the greatest talent in MMA history and by that I mean he came on the scene and become champion so fast and looked like he could possibly go unbeaten

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 am
UFC 105 and 106 happened recently. UFC 104 was Machida v Rua, not Couture v Vera, which was UFC 105.

Many think Vera beat Couture and I agree, but it was very close, much like the Machida v Rua, where Rua should have won that.

Griffin beat Ortiz in their rematch at UFC 106. I haven't seen this one so anyone care to elaborate

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm
I read that it was close and could of gone either way, but there was nothing wrong with going with Forrest. And of course, Tito opened his mouth about how he thought he should of won like always.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:39 am
TUF 10 Finale = disappointment. Kimbo's match with Houston was extremely aggravating to watch. Houston circled around Kimbo about 8 times and NOTHING was thrown. I only remember seeing a leg kick by Houston within the first 2:50 of the first round. Kimbo landed some good licks on Houston, and when it got to the ground, it was absolutely horrific to watch. Kimbo's ground game was one of the worst I've ever seen. I knew he didn't have one, but man... I didn't know it was THAT bad. Hella tried to get Houston in a Rear Naked Choke but was not doing it right. Then the rest... I don't even know what the hell he was doing. Houston... did nothing. Not impressed at all. Both fighters were COMPLETELY exhausted at the end, which was the most hilarious part. Neither are in MMA shape.

Didn't catch Marcus Jones' fight, but I heard he lost via KO.

I thought the McSweeney/"Titties" fight was alright. The TKO was a pretty good one. Flying knee, Muai Thai clinch knee, straight right... DONE. McSweeney won that, BTW.

Big Country put the hammer down on Schaub as well. It's absolutely hilarious and disgusting looking at Nelson's boiler hanging over his shorts. I mean seriously, there's fat... and then there's FAT. And even though I'm not a huge fan of Big Country, his KO on Schaub was a good one. Just a plain right that packed a lot cause Schaub's jaw looked dislocated for a second and his expression was priceless.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board