The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 pm
Kimbo vs Roy Nelson is airing tonight. I don't mind spoilers so I looked up the results already. I'm not spilling the beans though.

Franchise Player
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:13 pm
Kimbo looked good standing up, like predicted. He's a brawler, what else would you expect? But once Roy got him to the ground, it was over. You see all the practice he put on his ground transitions... well, he needs to work on it A LOT more. Yeah, Roy's huge gut was in the way, but still, I saw a lot of perfect chances for Kimbo to get out.

I still don't like Roy. I mean, did you see how he acted at the end? He acted as if he won the biggest fight of the year. Then, Rashad gives him water, but then tells him to just pour it in his mouth as if he's his servant. Roy didn't even impress me. Standing up, he got his bell rung. On the ground, all he did was put his fat on Kimbo's head and punch away. The punches didn't even pack any power.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 pm
xbay wrote:Kimbo looked good standing up, like predicted. He's a brawler, what else would you expect? But once Roy got him to the ground, it was over. You see all the practice he put on his ground transitions... well, he needs to work on it A LOT more. Yeah, Roy's huge gut was in the way, but still, I saw a lot of perfect chances for Kimbo to get out.

I still don't like Roy. I mean, did you see how he acted at the end? He acted as if he won the biggest fight of the year. Then, Rashad gives him water, but then tells him to just pour it in his mouth as if he's his servant. Roy didn't even impress me. Standing up, he got his bell rung. On the ground, all he did was put his fat on Kimbo's head and punch away. The punches didn't even pack any power.

You mean that roy character told Rashad to pour the water for him? Evans should just sok him in the mouth, that'll teach him

Franchise Player
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Kimbo looked good standing up, like predicted. He's a brawler, what else would you expect? But once Roy got him to the ground, it was over. You see all the practice he put on his ground transitions... well, he needs to work on it A LOT more. Yeah, Roy's huge gut was in the way, but still, I saw a lot of perfect chances for Kimbo to get out.

You mean that roy character told Rashad to pour the water for him? Evans should just sok him in the mouth, that'll teach him

Yeah. I would of loved to see that, though. Roy was labeled as "uncoachable" by Rashad.

It's kinda funny, though. Cause now that Kimbo lost, he can't fight. But by the looks of next week's episode, it looks like an "injury" may summon him back into the octagon. One of the fighters "supposedly" has some type of injury(it looked like he was gonna faint or something), and Kimbo goes on and talks about how he's ready to step in if he's asked to.

Sounds like Dana White planned this. He just can't admit it... he WANTS Kimbo Slice in the UFC. He just doesn't want to let him in, though, he wants to "earn" it.

Franchise Player
» Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:52 am
UFC 104 was a disappointment.

Anthony Johnson looked nothing short of impressive against Yoshiyuki Yoshida. Took care of him easily.

Joe Daddy was sorta back and forth, but overall, he dominated Spencer Fisher.

Tibau vs Neer in a Catchweight bout was kinda interesting at first, but it just became a take down fest for Tibau so it got boring.

Velasquez dominated Rothwell from beginning to end. Mazagatti stopped it early, IMO and to the crowd's opinion, but I think Cain was going to end up winning no matter what.

Now the Machida one upset me the most. It lacked action. Most of the hits came when Rua saw Machida open to hit, which isn't often. Machida was never an aggressor until the end of the 3rd round, but that was it. Lyoto was on the defensive most of the time, and Rua was landing body and leg kicks perfectly. The first round was iffy, but I think clearly Rua won the next four rounds. Yet, Machida won by unianimous decison. The moment I heard 48-47, I was like... wait, why is Rua only going to win by a point? I was in total shock. I was rooting for Machida, but it made me wonder how the f*ck the judges were scoring the bout. I really feel bad for Rua, cause he SHOULD be champion right now. Dana White has called for a re-match, though... as rightfully so. But still doesn't take away that Rua should clearly be the Light Heavyweight champ. He clearly is the best 205-pound fighter at the moment after watching tonight.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:47 am
xbay wrote:UFC 104 was a disappointment.

Anthony Johnson looked nothing short of impressive against Yoshiyuki Yoshida. Took care of him easily.

Tibau vs Neer in a Catchweight bout was kinda interesting at first, but it just became a take down fest for Tibau so it got boring.

Velasquez dominated Rothwell from beginning to end. Mazagatti stopped it early, IMO and to the crowd's opinion, but I think Cain was going to end up winning no matter what.

Now the Machida one upset me the most. It lacked action. Most of the hits came when Rua saw Machida open to hit, which isn't often. Machida was never an aggressor until the end of the 3rd round, but that was it. Lyoto was on the defensive most of the time, and Rua was landing body and leg kicks perfectly. The first round was iffy, but I think clearly Rua won the next four rounds. Yet, Machida won by unianimous decison. The moment I heard 48-47, I was like... wait, why is Rua only going to win by a point? I was in total shock. I was rooting for Machida, but it made me wonder how the f*ck the judges were scoring the bout. I really feel bad for Rua, cause he SHOULD be champion right now. Dana White has called for a re-match, though... as rightfully so. But still doesn't take away that Rua should clearly be the Light Heavyweight champ. He clearly is the best 205-pound fighter at the moment after watching tonight.

I've only seen the first two rounds of Machida v Rua and Machida looks weaker than ever and Rua sort of has him figured out

Franchise Player
» Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:27 am
migya wrote:

I've only seen the first two rounds of Machida v Rua and Machida looks weaker than ever and Rua sort of has him figured out

Well he had a gameplan on Machida. His team had been studying Machida for like 4 months.

All Star
» Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:42 pm
migya wrote:

watched last night-errr how did Machida "win" exactly? One of the worst decisions of seen

Glad big Cain V one. Is probably my fave heavy weight. The only problem he is, he seems like a lightweight compared to Brock

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:

watched last night-errr how did Machida "win" exactly? One of the worst decisions of seen

Glad big Cain V one. Is probably my fave heavy weight. The only problem he is, he seems like a lightweight compared to Brock

Everyone's trying to figure it out. The scorecards came out and one judge had Machida winning rounds 2, 3, and 4 while the other two had him winning rounds 1, 2, and 3. I really thought Shogun had it. But to be honest, it was tough to score it cause it lacked any action and Rua was playing it way too safe. I don't think as the challenger, you should be doing that. But Machida just did not look like the Machida I've been seeing. I blame Rua's cornermen for telling him he was winning. NEVER tell your fighter he's winning, keep him head on a swivel.

Still, I think Shogun should be the champ as he looks like the best Light Heavyweight right now. Sucks too, cause I'm pretty sure that would set up a Shogun/Anderson Silva fight.

Also, was Shogun crying? Not knocking on him, cause I would too if I was told I was taking command of the fight and had it in the bag only to find out that I lost.

All Star
» Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 pm
Anybody catch "Big Baby" almost breaking that dudes arm last night? I'm pullin for him to win it all. He has such a great attitude. He's gonna destroy titties.

And man, they must have no faith in this season, because every teaser mentions the possibility of Kimbo fighting again. This time, crazy ass meat head may sit out because of his brain... that dude is strange.

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:01 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Anybody catch "Big Baby" almost breaking that dudes arm last night? I'm pullin for him to win it all. He has such a great attitude. He's gonna destroy titties.

And man, they must have no faith in this season, because every teaser mentions the possibility of Kimbo fighting again. This time, crazy ass meat head may sit out because of his brain... that dude is strange.

Yeah, that was awesome. Out of no where, he pulled an armbar. I think it was a cross body armbar, too, cause he got it while he was in a open guard defense position. But man, Wessel's arm looked deformed once he tapped out. What upsets me is that Rampage and Rashad are going at it trash talking, and they're not even going to fight. It really is entertaining what they say to each other, and Rampage makes it freakin' hilarious. "I'm a sucka? Why don't you come lick on these then? Hehehe."

Kimbo... even if he sees the ring, he's going to lose. No ground game, no win. But I swear, I just wanna see Big Country get his ass rocked or submitted like Wessel was against Big Baby.

So apparently, Silva/Belfort will not happen Jan. 2 because Silva is still recovering from surgery. The fight will happen, just not as planned. Also, Rua/Machida 2 is on hold as Machida has to get his wrist I think checked out. It was slated for a Jan. 2 appearance as well, which I thought was a little crazy cause they'd get a little under 2 months to prep up.

Anyone know if Lesnar as H1N1 or something, cause they're saying they've never seen him that sick?

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is pretty much going to decide who GSP fights next. Should be a good one.

All Star
» Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:54 am
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Anybody catch "Big Baby" almost breaking that dudes arm last night? I'm pullin for him to win it all. He has such a great attitude. He's gonna destroy titties.

Yeah, that was awesome. Out of no where, he pulled an armbar. I think it was a cross body armbar, too, cause he got it while he was in a open guard defense position. But man, Wessel's arm looked deformed once he tapped out. What upsets me is that Rampage and Rashad are going at it trash talking, and they're not even going to fight. It really is entertaining what they say to each other, and Rampage makes it freakin' hilarious. "I'm a sucka? Why don't you come lick on these then? Hehehe."

Kimbo... even if he sees the ring, he's going to lose. No ground game, no win. But I swear, I just wanna see Big Country get his ass rocked or submitted like Wessel was against Big Baby.

So apparently, Silva/Belfort will not happen Jan. 2 because Silva is still recovering from surgery. The fight will happen, just not as planned. Also, Rua/Machida 2 is on hold as Machida has to get his wrist I think checked out. It was slated for a Jan. 2 appearance as well, which I thought was a little crazy cause they'd get a little under 2 months to prep up.

Anyone know if Lesnar as H1N1 or something, cause they're saying they've never seen him that sick?

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is pretty much going to decide who GSP fights next. Should be a good one.

It's gotta be some sort of flu for Lesnar.

I thought Rampage and Rashad were going to fight in March. Is that not true? they need to fight, with all the trash talking going on. Rampage is funny as hell. Rashad tells him he's a sucka, and he says treat me like a sucka then. I will, Lick up on these then. hahahaha

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:11 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:

I thought Rampage and Rashad were going to fight in March. Is that not true? they need to fight, with all the trash talking going on. Rampage is funny as hell. Rashad tells him he's a sucka, and he says treat me like a sucka then. I will, Lick up on these then. hahahaha

I love Rampage's humor, he's got a great personality. He makes the show 100x more exciting, especially since the heavyweights this year aren't all that great. But far as them fighting, Rampage is retired at the moment as he's apart of the A-Team movie plus he has some bad blood with Dana White as well. But no doubt, the animosity between the two hypes up the fight a lot to the point where you just gotta see the both of 'em slug it out.

I hope Rampage comes back, and I think he will. Just not anytime soon, though. Not 'til at least he finishes his movie.

All Star
» Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 pm
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:

I love Rampage's humor, he's got a great personality. He makes the show 100x more exciting, especially since the heavyweights this year aren't all that great. But far as them fighting, Rampage is retired at the moment as he's apart of the A-Team movie plus he has some bad blood with Dana White as well. But no doubt, the animosity between the two hypes up the fight a lot to the point where you just gotta see the both of 'em slug it out.

I hope Rampage comes back, and I think he will. Just not anytime soon, though. Not 'til at least he finishes his movie.

yeah well that's what i heard, it was moved to march because of the movie. Anyway, Rashad is good at his role at coach, but he's trying to play as the humble guy though he's a cocky SOB. Rampage is who he is i guess, he's funny. When he was feeling remorse for beating up the door , that was pretty funny.

Franchise Player
» Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:

yeah well that's what i heard, it was moved to march because of the movie. Anyway, Rashad is good at his role at coach, but he's trying to play as the humble guy though he's a cocky SOB. Rampage is who he is i guess, he's funny. When he was feeling remorse for beating up the door , that was pretty funny.

My favorite line from him was... "The man... has... titties. How do you lose to a guy that has titties."