Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, did Lesnar really flick off the fans and do all those things during the post-fight? Okay, now I officially hate Lesnar. Not a role model at all... not that he said he wanted to be one. I hope someone de-thrones him fassst. His actions may be comical, but it was f*cked up. And what he said was immature.

This could be really bad for the UFC, because this is not what they need if they want more national exposure.

Lesnar has arrogance and does and says some things that are not appropriate, but he is good for the UFC and he will only attract more WWE fans. He is the best thing, financially, to happen to the UFC ever

Very true. If there's anything Dana White needs, it's to lure away WWE fans because Vince McMahon is kicking Dana's a*s financially and attendance wise.

see I've always had a problem with that comparison. I'm a big fan of both, but they are totally different species imo. Wrestling is pretty much glorified reality(use the term loosely) TV. People tune in every week to catch their fave characters and the storly lines are straight Bold and The Beautiful

UFC shouldn't even try to compete the WWE. They'll get slayed. Millions of parents world wide let their kids watch it every week. Hell they even buy them Mysterio masks-very few would let em watch Lesner and Mir pummel **** out of each other

UFC is real and respectful, for those that know anything, WWE (and I haven't watched fake wrestling regularly for some 16 years) is just theatrical playing and utter stupidity at that

exactly-so there's no comparison. 2 entirley different things

Read an article where D White is saying a Lesnar Fedor fight is imminent. Sweet!!!

read that too and i cant wait.

Fedor really should give the UFC a try at least, he would then prove that he is the best Heavyweight in the world. It would be a great matchup and I don't count Lesnar out, he is far bigger and stronger

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, did Lesnar really flick off the fans and do all those things during the post-fight? Okay, now I officially hate Lesnar. Not a role model at all... not that he said he wanted to be one. I hope someone de-thrones him fassst. His actions may be comical, but it was f*cked up. And what he said was immature.

This could be really bad for the UFC, because this is not what they need if they want more national exposure.

Lesnar has arrogance and does and says some things that are not appropriate, but he is good for the UFC and he will only attract more WWE fans. He is the best thing, financially, to happen to the UFC ever

Very true. If there's anything Dana White needs, it's to lure away WWE fans because Vince McMahon is kicking Dana's a*s financially and attendance wise.

see I've always had a problem with that comparison. I'm a big fan of both, but they are totally different species imo. Wrestling is pretty much glorified reality(use the term loosely) TV. People tune in every week to catch their fave characters and the storly lines are straight Bold and The Beautiful

UFC shouldn't even try to compete the WWE. They'll get slayed. Millions of parents world wide let their kids watch it every week. Hell they even buy them Mysterio masks-very few would let em watch Lesner and Mir pummel **** out of each other

UFC is real and respectful, for those that know anything, WWE (and I haven't watched fake wrestling regularly for some 16 years) is just theatrical playing and utter stupidity at that

It may be that, but for something that is "theatrical" and "utter stupidity" has been mainstream and probably, one of the, if not the most successful sports entertainment brands in American history... EVER. Hate it or love it, WWE will continue to grow, and fans will continue to pour in.

That's because people like contraversy, that's how people have been lead to liking in life.

The UFC, though slightly stooping into contraversy a bit, keeps it clean and respectful, setting an example as such

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm
The acting and story line isn't suppose to be clean. The controversy in the story line is exactly what attracts many viewers. The WWE is really clean. To say they're not clean and respectful is the same thing as saying hockey is America's number one sport. When the cameras are off, all the stars of the WWE show nothing but love towards each other. There's no beef.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:46 am
xbay wrote:The acting and story line isn't suppose to be clean. The controversy in the story line is exactly what attracts many viewers. The WWE is really clean. To say they're not clean and respectful is the same thing as saying hockey is America's number one sport. When the cameras are off, all the stars of the WWE show nothing but love towards each other. There's no beef.

What I meant was that the whole theatrical play of the WWE is degenerate in nature and does not set or show a good example for youth

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:The acting and story line isn't suppose to be clean. The controversy in the story line is exactly what attracts many viewers. The WWE is really clean. To say they're not clean and respectful is the same thing as saying hockey is America's number one sport. When the cameras are off, all the stars of the WWE show nothing but love towards each other. There's no beef.

What I meant was that the whole theatrical play of the WWE is degenerate in nature and does not set or show a good example for youth

Okay, so letting your 7 year old watch one guy pummel the crap out of another guy is showing just as much of a good example as other respectful and clean things?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:34 am
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Read an article where D White is saying a Lesnar Fedor fight is imminent. Sweet!!!

Fedor really should give the UFC a try at least, he would then prove that he is the best Heavyweight in the world. It would be a great matchup and I don't count Lesnar out, he is far bigger and stronger

as much as i love Fedor I agree. No one Lesnar's size should be that quick! If he gets on top, wtf is anyone meant to do?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

as much as i love Fedor I agree. No one Lesnar's size should be that quick! If he gets on top, wtf is anyone meant to do?

Just the way he smashed Couture like he smashed the other guys he's beaten, makes me believe he'd handle Fedor the same sort of way. Fedor has many moves and does everything well, but Lesnar is just a huge guy with many skills that outdo most. It will likely take a guy with incredible striking power to come in and knock him out real quick and even then it's go to be along the lines of a quick, somewhat lucky hit or bunch of hits. Kongo comes to mind, but like I said, lucky hits, the while not getting taken down and smashed

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Okay, so letting your 7 year old watch one guy pummel the crap out of another guy is showing just as much of a good example as other respectful and clean things?

Maybe 7 year olds shouldn't be watching any sort of real life violence, maybe movies are alright, but not a real life violence showing.

UFC shows respect amongst men, WWE shows degenerate, obscene attitudes amongst men. UFC shows that if you fight, you don't have to be a jerk about it and still have respect for the other guy

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Maybe 7 year olds shouldn't be watching any sort of real life violence, maybe movies are alright, but not a real life violence showing.

UFC shows respect amongst men, WWE shows degenerate, obscene attitudes amongst men. UFC shows that if you fight, you don't have to be a jerk about it and still have respect for the other guy

Yeah, but kids know that it's fake. It's all apart of the storyline. WWE and UFC are the same. There are fights in the both where when both fighters get at it, in the end, they still shake hands. There are other fights where both fighters talk all this crap in the beginning, and still talk crap afterwards. Respect in the UFC? Sure, there are some. But there are just as many knuckleheads there as the WWE has.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:47 pm
WWE is just entertainment. It's a travelling TV show that's no different than a broadway musical
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 pm
which is why people feel UFC fighters should have more respect, which most of them do. However people see Lesnar and that's the impression they get about MMA as a whole. MMA is a brutal sport, but you know what, boxing is too and it's called the sweet science. Fans of the sport can understand the nuances that are going on. When they see hendo knock out bisping, they don't think about the timing and the set up involved in creating a knockout, however in boxing it is much more highly thought of.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:which is why people feel UFC fighters should have more respect, which most of them do. However people see Lesnar and that's the impression they get about MMA as a whole. MMA is a brutal sport, but you know what, boxing is too and it's called the sweet science. Fans of the sport can understand the nuances that are going on. When they see hendo knock out bisping, they don't think about the timing and the set up involved in creating a knockout, however in boxing it is much more highly thought of.

that's all fairly presumptious. how do you know "they" don't think about the set up. All the MMA fans I know are right into that side that of the fights
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Shaq wants to fight Lesnar
[url]
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,176709[/url]

He has been training MMA for some ten years now, pretty impressive, and apparently is pretty serious about fighting in MMA

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:41 pm
link didn't work

but lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:16 am
I'm pretty sure Shaq would get crushed.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board