5. No, they'll just miss out from 5 to 10 games
13%
6. No, they'll stumble and be a bottom 4 team in the West
No votes

Total votes : 8

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:50 pm
Never thought this team would be capable of going on a run like they have and is the most unexpected thing to happen all season. Such a young team was thought to have maybe been able to compete for a playoff spot with Greg Oden but the minute he went down for the season, everyone said they would be in the bottom five teams in the nba.

They won a few games on this run without Aldridge, who was injured for just over a week, and that makes it even more impressive. Brandon Roy has been spectacular and it is a sure thing that he will make allstar if they at least go 50% from now to the allstar game.

They have played many of these games at home but regardless, a team that was looked on as being bad has won them and that takes a good team

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:58 pm
Yeah, they've been amazing as of late. 13 in a row and counting, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it to 15 or 16 (though I expect them to beat utah in their next game). Brandon Roy is a great young player and he, Aldridge, and Oden will make a daunting trio for the next decade if it's in the cards. I don't see Roy making the allstar team though, as he has to compete with Williams, Nash, Paul, Iverson, Baron, and Parker for 3-4 backup guard spots.

That being said, I think that, while they're a good team, they're probably one of the worst teams ever to win 13 games in a row and I think they'll be fighting with the Warriors, Nuggets, and Rockets for the eighth seed.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:00 pm
I just dont think that Portland is as good as their record says. I think they will just miss the playoffs this year, but next year is their year. They could be a top team in the west next year, but they have to wait until next year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:07 pm
The Blazers are good... sometime youth can be a good thing.

They can definately run with the best of them and when Oden is back they'll be pretty darn good!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:20 pm
I hate to take away credit where it is due, they really have been impressive, but they are a poor stretch (say losing 7 of 10) from falling off of the face of the earth...well at least the Western Confrence Playoff pic. They have 10 of their 12 on the road, and have a very difficult schedule in April. I don't see them making the playoffs this year. But my hat does go off to them for the winning streak.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:29 pm
I don't think they'l make the playoffs either but they certainly don't look like missing out right now. They'll have to go below 40% or thereabouts from now on to not make 50% for this season. I also think the Jazz will get back to being what they were soon but i'm not sure about the Hornets stil, they too could fall back down to what they were

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:42 am
I'm impressed with the way they's playing right now, 13 in a row is no fluke. Still, I don't think they have enough to get to the playoffs. Will be close, but might fall short by a few games. That will be different next year with a healthy Oden.

As for their recent run, as impressive as it is, they have won lots of games against bad teams and most of them at home. From those 13 wins, they have won against Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Seattle, Minnesota and Philly and 10 of those 13 wins have been at home. Of course, they got a few impressive wins, like on the road at Utah or at Denver...

But I think they'll be back to earth now that the schedule gets harder for them. Lets see if they can keep winning now that they'll have 10 of the next 12 on the road.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 pm
I'll give em props for their run. I'm happy for them. But once they run into a schedule of which the Warriors have now such as San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans... then I'll give them their due. But for now, they get kudos.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 pm
They just beat Bulls in Chicago in double overtime. Roy playing like an allstar and he has to be a strong consideration for being picked

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 am
The team is solid. If they can keep winning on the road, they'll be in the playoffs, because they do win at home. They're playing well as a team and they have a good coach to guide them.
-----------------------------------
The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.

Return to Sports Board