Walker, Doleac, Simien for Davis and Blount

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:29 pm
http://www6.comcast.net/sports/articles ... eat.Trade/

Antoine Walker having his problems with the Heat being suspended by Pat Riley for not making weight and other things was traded. They've been looking to get rid of Doleac for sometime as we all knew since he was included in many offers for MP2. And Simien was oft-injured. Davis comes at a good time since Wade may be out for the first few games and they'd like his scoring. Blount is was the add-on of course.

HEAT GET: Ricky Davis and Mark Blount
WOLVES GET: Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, and Wayne Simien

Discuss...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:57 pm
Miami got lucky. With Minny in a state of rebuilding, guys like Mark Blount and Ricky Davis obviously wanted out because they're in the "win now" stage of their careers. And all they had to give up was Antoine Walker?!

They made out like bandits.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:26 pm
good trade for both teams. Minny gets rid of two unwanted players and clears contract room and also gets a conditional first rounder and wayne simien, who looks decent. Minny is fixing to win about 15-20 games next season, but at least will get a good draft pick.
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm
hahahaha..minny are really 'suck' now....they should forget the playoff now and thinking to get 1s draft pick for next year and rebuilding the team start from next year....looks like the east are even more stronger now....interesting....if Kobe get trade to chicago then Boston Celtics should be re-think about the championships....but the first things is can they beat the west team like W's... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:16 pm
Well, Minny wasnt looking towards a playoff year or they wouldnt have traded Garnett, and they wouldnt have traded this last trade. They are rebuilding towards the future, and they have some pieces to work around.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:42 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:good trade for both teams. Minny gets rid of two unwanted players and clears contract room and also gets a conditional first rounder and wayne simien, who looks decent. Minny is fixing to win about 15-20 games next season, but at least will get a good draft pick.

I agree. Heat needed some firepower and they got it in RDavis, who has a few more years left in him. Simien was never used by has potential and ability and hopefully wil be used a fair bit in the TWolves.

I like this trade because it opens up the door for Gerald Green to have alot more opportunity to play. He was behind RDavis in the TWolves' rotation but now is the likely starter at SF or SG, if Brewer is to be the starting SF and I think Green will get the nod ahead of McCants.

Maybe the TWolves willonly win some 20 games this season but they ahve aot of young talent and in two or three years could be real good

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm
i was thinking to dump blount...but after this trade...i might give him a try about 2 weeks...how's that... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:04 pm
GSW United wrote:i was thinking to dump blount...but after this trade...i might give him a try about 2 weeks...how's that... :wink:

If Shaq is injured, as well as Mourning, Blonut might get some court time but it looked like his chances for court time were far better in Minnesota than in Miami :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am
It's funny. Ricky Davis was part of the trade that brought Eddie Jones to Miami, and I remember Riley saying that Ricky had lots of talent but lacked the work ethic to be a good NBA player. He was traded to Cleveland right after that... And now Riley trades for him.

As for the trade, Miami gets the best part of the deal when it comes to the players involved. Minny opens up more minutes for their young guys and cleans some cap room (Doleac is an expirer and Walker's contract has one season less than Blount's). Good trade for both teams.

Return to Sports Board