49ers vs Raiders

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 pm
One thing the Raiders have over the Niners Franchise is that the Raiders can claim the title of being "involved in more monumental games thus developing better rivalries" Holy Roller, Immaculate Reception, Sea of Hands, Ghost in the Post ect.

Raiders can go through all the AFC WEST and every player, coach, fan and hotdog seller will tell you that the Raiders are there best rivalry. Then there's teams outside of the AFC West that if you were to ask who there teams best non division rival is "they would most likely say: Raiders"
(Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Seahawks, Dolphins ect IMO just to name a few)

The reason why the Raiders have so many rivals, is they are the team you love to hate, They made so many of the Baby Boomer and Generation X generation turn off there TV'S in disgust. If you were playing the Raiders and had the lead, 9 out of 10 times the Raiders would come back and steal the game.

Since Gannon departed the Raiders havn't been the same in 2002 we could claim the title of "MOST WINNINGEST FRANCHISE IN PRO SPORTS" But Norv Turner, Art Shell have really had a detremental affect on that record. The Raiders have been good for so many years and the Niners were only good in the 80's.... I think you'll find Oakland has a better alltime record then the Niners
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:28 pm
Another particular reason I hate the Raiders is because of how this team was managed. Al Davis only went to Los Angeles for the money. He didn't care about leaving the fans behind, he wanted the money. The Raiders were hated so much, that when John Elway was still very young, Al Davis tried to trade for him. But when the deal was sent to the league, the commish stepped in and stopped the trade from ever happening.

Most Raider fans are conceited and are so biased towards other teams even in serious talk. You're not one of them pawno, but at times you make me believe you are. The record means nothing to me. I don't care how many more wins you have, this franchise was always built to try and dominate an era. And we've succeeded the majority of the time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Another particular reason I hate the Raiders is because of how this team was managed. Al Davis only went to Los Angeles for the money. He didn't care about leaving the fans behind, he wanted the money. The Raiders were hated so much, that when John Elway was still very young, Al Davis tried to trade for him. But when the deal was sent to the league, the commish stepped in and stopped the trade from ever happening.

Most Raider fans are conceited and are so biased towards other teams even in serious talk. You're not one of them pawno, but at times you make me believe you are. The record means nothing to me. I don't care how many more wins you have, this franchise was always built to try and dominate an era. And we've succeeded the majority of the time.

Yes and what a era it was. Bill Walsh having best QB and Best WR in the game that won a incredible 5 superbowls over a increibly short time. (This Dynasty will be remembered in the same breath as Jordan's Bulls or Bill Russell's Celtics)

But as much as i would love 5 Superbowls in my cabinets, i think i'd prefer to take the 3 Rings the Raiders have won. Being the only team apart from the Steelers to reach 3 superbowls in 3 different decades poises us to be the more likely team to reach the superbowl before the Niners. I'm not taking anything away from this current Niners crop (You guys are showing signs of a potent offense and a up and coming Defense) but you need to have Sensational teams to reach the Superbowl and quite frankly Al Davis has a better eye for picking talent then Mr York (In my Opinion) The Raiders will be riding on the coattails of Jamarcus Russell within the next 5-10 years and be adding more Lombardis.

Niners will be in that stereotyped pidgeon hole of "Can't win a Superbowl without Montana or Elway" That Denver fans hear on a weekly basis from us Raider Nation.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:41 am
pawnograffiti wrote:If you were playing the Raiders and had the lead, 9 out of 10 times the Raiders would come back and steal the game.

Yeah, a pity it didn't happen against the Bucs in the SB.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:26 am
Okay, can we go away from the whole, "I dont like you, and I dont like your team, so I'm going to cuss you out?"

New topic here: Alex Smith vs Jamarcus Russell.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:New topic here: Alex Smith vs Jamarcus Russell.

This would be like the Morrison vs P-Willie discussion, just worse. Russell still hasn't played a snap in the NFL. They can't be compared at this point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:09 pm
Alright, uhh....Gore vs Jordan? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Alright, uhh....Gore vs Jordan? :mrgreen:

That's more like it. :thumbup:

I'd like to see how pawno tries to defend picking Lamont Jordan (or Rhodes or Michael Bush, for that matter) above Gore.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:57 pm
Gore is one of the best running backs in the NFC, and Jordan isnt even in the top two in the division.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:14 pm
Gore is actually quite a talented runningback.. but still i couldn't compare him to Lamont Jordan cause they are 2 different moulds.

Gore has electrifying speed and can get to the edges very quick... But he has nothing on Lamont Jordan on being a bruising runner up the middle.

But if you asked me to compare Gore vs Rhodes, Well yeah there games are very similar. Gore by a Mile though in the conversation, he is the better runningback now and then... Rhodes does have a superbowl though :mrgreen:

And yeah TMC i'm not quite ready to write off Michael Bush, he broke his leg at the prime of his college career, a certain shoe in for Heismann Trophy.... but that was a pretty bad break! I think you'll see just how good he is once he returns of the PUP List (He will run with purpose and prove his haters wrong)

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 pm
I actually do like Jordan, and he really is a tough player, but I have to take Frank Gore for this year, next year, and ten years from now. Michael Bush has potential, but he is going to prove that he is healthy for me to say that he is going to be good.

NEXT TOPIC: The argument that both sides can have and believe in the most: Defensive Backs. I say that the 49ers have a much better defensive back core this year. The Raiders have some pretty good young players on them, but I really am not that high on Michael Huff. Asumougha is a good player though. I will take Nate Clements, Walt Harris, and Michael Lewis any day, though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:12 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I actually do like Jordan, and he really is a tough player, but I have to take Frank Gore for this year, next year, and ten years from now. Michael Bush has potential, but he is going to prove that he is healthy for me to say that he is going to be good.

NEXT TOPIC: The argument that both sides can have and believe in the most: Defensive Backs. I say that the 49ers have a much better defensive back core this year. The Raiders have some pretty good young players on them, but I really am not that high on Michael Huff. Asumougha is a good player though. I will take Nate Clements, Walt Harris, and Michael Lewis any day, though.

Not even... no way your DBacks core comes even in the league of the Raiders. Don't forget the Raiders got Linebackers that play like DB. Thomas Howard can move as fast as any DB and Kirk Morrisson has hands like a DbB.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:19 pm
We could do it that way and say that we have the two fastest linebackers in the league in P-Will and Manny Lawson, but I'm talking about strait up d-backs.

I can admit that you have it a whole hell of a lot better for the future, but for this season, the 49ers have a lot more experience, and they are name players. Not washed up, either.

Let's rate them:

Nate Clements: 10 (top two in the league, behind Champ Bailey)
Walt Harris: 8 (all star, but needs to show up again this year)
Mark Roman: 5 (i hate the guy, but he can still make a play when needed)
Michael Lewis: 7 (one of the hardest hitting safetys in the league)

Only rate your four starters, for THIS YEAR. Not how good they could be, but how good they are this year.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:33 am
That's about right...

Clements - he's shut down Holt and Fitz coming up with big plays
Harris - Boldin and Bruce had their days, but he still kept on them
Roman - don't like him either, but he comes up big when we need him.
Lewis - hardest hitter, excellent pass rusher, has gotten better in pass pro

For the Raiders...

Asomugha = 9(soon to be one of the best in the league)
Washington = 6 1/2(he gets burned despite him being extremely fast and always gets picked on for a reason)
Schweigart = 7(knows how to play the ball and tackles well)
Huff = 6(still needs to show consistency, looks more like roy williams[DAL])

Go ahead pawno, post up what you think.

Next topic: Davis vs Miller. Who looks to have a better future?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:22 am
Not my fight, but here's my take (as impartial as a fan of another team can be). Also, keep in mind I don't follow these two teams as much as the Bucs, so this is what I think from the games I saw. May not reflect what they did during the whole season:

49ers:

Clements - Love him. I'm not sure he's top 2, but he's a great CB. One of the bets for sure. Say... 9/10
Harris - Surprising season last year. I saw him get burned way too many times with the Redskins (was known as "Toast" Harris by that time). I'm not sure if it's him or Nolan's system what makes him look good. Still not sold. 7/10.
Roman - Looks like a backup to me. 5/10
Lewis - Not bad. Not great, either. Reminds me a lot to Jermain Phillips. 7/10.

Raiders:

Asomugha = Amazing. Not in Clements level yet, but close. 8.5/10
Washington = Good, solid CB that seems to miss a play from time to time... and gets burned accordingly. I think he still has room to improve. 7/10
Schweigart = Decent, solid S. Won't solve any problem by himself, but it's not a liability. 7/10
Huff = More future than present. I think he'll be a good one, but probably won't live up to his draft hype. 6/10.

Next topic: Davis vs Miller. Who looks to have a better future?[/quote]

Is this a joke?. I mean, you're really asking who's gonna be a better TE?. I refuse to answer this question. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board