49ers vs Raiders

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:22 pm
Gallery's a bust ever since he came out of Iowa. They moved him around on the o-line too much. That's their mistake. Bad coaching decisions made on him helped him become a bust. Staley is going to a way better the o-lineman than Gallery. Once he improves on his run blocking, he'll be there.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:45 am
pawnograffiti wrote:RB
Now: Gore
Future: Michael Bush (This guy will be starting for the Raiders in the not too distant future, he was a Heismann trophy candidate before that freak leg injury and he did go out at louisville and post better numbers then Gore)

This is the best part. Bush over Gore?. How in the world can you say that Michael Bush is gonna be better than Gore?. Don't get me wrong, I think will be a steal in the 4th if he ever stays healthy, but he's gonna be a good RB, maybe a starter in this league but, on top of his game, he'll be closer to Chris Brown numbers than Gore's (that is, around 1000 yards per season and a big game from time to time. A solid HB, not a star).

My take, position by position:

QB: SF--------------OAK (I'm not extremely high on any of them, but I think Russell has more potential. May not happen, tho)

RB: SF---------------SF

FB: OAK-------------OAK (I like Griffith A LOT more than Norris)

WR: SF---------------SF (Only if D-Jax can stay healthy, tho. Both teams have good WR, but there's only one go-to guy between both teams, and it's on the Niners)

TE: SF---------------SF (Nothing against Zach, but he's not in Vernon's league)

OL: SF----------------SF (Gallery=BUST. The sooner you realize it, the less it will hurt, pawno).

DL: OAK--------------? (Oak is clearly better at this point, but age is gonna be an issue soon)

LB: OAK---------------SF (I like both teams, but P-Willie will grow into something special).

DB: SF-----------------OAK

K: SF-----------------SF

P: OAK----------------SF

KR: OAK----------------OAK
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:24 pm
why even talk about the future? did everyone forget that this is the nfl where one week a guy can look like a future hall of famer and the next his career is over for good?

AFC=Good now NFC=Best of all time, though there is too much parity in the league these days to even make this comparison to the past or the future. but the AFC is better now, due to a couple of teams like the Pats, Colts and Steelers. The Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Bills and Broncos are overrated.

49ers Vs Raiders: Name one Raider player (now or in history) that isn't bested or at least equaled by a 9er. No really, I just can't think of any - oh yeah ex-9ers don't count.

By position:

QB Alex all the way! Russel wont even start until late in the season (prediction: week 15 after the raiders have gone 4-10) Alex is more accurate/mobile and he (or his o-line) wont put himself in nearly as many situations to get injured.

Lets break the QBs down in college in both their last years:
Smith - 2952 yards, 32 TDs, 4 INTs Rushing - 135 Att, 631 Yds, 10 TDs
Russell - 3129 yards, 28 TDs, 8 INTs Rushing - 52 Att, 142 Yds 1 TD
Thats 13 more TDs, 4 less picks and only 177 less yards for Alex.

RB
Gore 2006 (best year) - 1695 yards 5.4 avg
Jordan 2005 (best year) - 1025 yards 3.8 avg
I don't care who the raiders have at RB they wont come within 600 yards of Gore, not this year, not any year.

WR
DJack (Career 7 seasons) - 448 - Rec 6542 - Yards 14.6 - Avg 47 - TD
Curry (Career 5 seasons) - 131 - Rec 1594 - Yards 12.2 - Avg 8 - TD
Not even close, wish you guys had Moss back huh?

TE
Too lazy to break this one down, your a fool if you think Miller will best VD. Davis is the fastest TE the NFL has ever seen and had some of the best hands coming in (though he is yet to prove that last statement).

FB
Who cares? this position should and will be extincted. Raider can have this one, not too fond of norris myself.

OL
Robert Gallery...need I say more? Well how about: Jonas Jennings, Larry Allen, Adam Snyder, Eric Heitmann, Justin Smiley, David Baas, Joe Staley, Kwame Harris - Not even all starters but all of them are good enough to replace any of the Raider's OL! 9ers are stacked at the line, though we are messing too well right now (Pass protection), give this unit time and they will emerge to be among the best.

Maybe I'll do the D and ST later.

My predictions is 9ers 9-7 (division champs Hawks+Rams+Cards=Crap)
Raiders 5-11 (no running game + no receivers + Greedy/Selfish rookie QB - Last years good D = 3rd draft pick)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:52 pm
JReed23 wrote:why even talk about the future? did everyone forget that this is the nfl where one week a guy can look like a future hall of famer and the next his career is over for good?

AFC=Good now NFC=Best of all time, though there is too much parity in the league these days to even make this comparison to the past or the future. but the AFC is better now, due to a couple of teams like the Pats, Colts and Steelers. The Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Bills and Broncos are overrated.

49ers Vs Raiders: Name one Raider player (now or in history) that isn't bested or at least equaled by a 9er. No really, I just can't think of any - oh yeah ex-9ers don't count.

By position:

QB Alex all the way! Russel wont even start until late in the season (prediction: week 15 after the raiders have gone 4-10) Alex is more accurate/mobile and he (or his o-line) wont put himself in nearly as many situations to get injured.

Lets break the QBs down in college in both their last years:
Smith - 2952 yards, 32 TDs, 4 INTs Rushing - 135 Att, 631 Yds, 10 TDs
Russell - 3129 yards, 28 TDs, 8 INTs Rushing - 52 Att, 142 Yds 1 TD
Thats 13 more TDs, 4 less picks and only 177 less yards for Alex.

RB
Gore 2006 (best year) - 1695 yards 5.4 avg
Jordan 2005 (best year) - 1025 yards 3.8 avg
I don't care who the raiders have at RB they wont come within 600 yards of Gore, not this year, not any year.

WR
DJack (Career 7 seasons) - 448 - Rec 6542 - Yards 14.6 - Avg 47 - TD
Curry (Career 5 seasons) - 131 - Rec 1594 - Yards 12.2 - Avg 8 - TD
Not even close, wish you guys had Moss back huh?

TE
Too lazy to break this one down, your a fool if you think Miller will best VD. Davis is the fastest TE the NFL has ever seen and had some of the best hands coming in (though he is yet to prove that last statement).

FB
Who cares? this position should and will be extincted. Raider can have this one, not too fond of norris myself.

OL
Robert Gallery...need I say more? Well how about: Jonas Jennings, Larry Allen, Adam Snyder, Eric Heitmann, Justin Smiley, David Baas, Joe Staley, Kwame Harris - Not even all starters but all of them are good enough to replace any of the Raider's OL! 9ers are stacked at the line, though we are messing too well right now (Pass protection), give this unit time and they will emerge to be among the best.

Maybe I'll do the D and ST later.

My predictions is 9ers 9-7 (division champs Hawks+Rams+Cards=Crap)
Raiders 5-11 (no running game + no receivers + Greedy/Selfish rookie QB - Last years good D = 3rd draft pick)

Let me ask you this: are you a 49er or Raider fan, or impartial? That was a really good analysis that isnt biased either way. Just honest.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm
thanks sfsfsf, I am a 9er fan. I don't really think the post was unbiased myself though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Well, you stated where the 49ers were better at, and can admit where the Raiders are decent at. I consider that to be unbiased.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
I think a 4th rounder for Randy Moss has gone real well for the Raiders. :wink: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I think a 4th rounder for Randy Moss has gone real well for the Raiders. :wink: :mrgreen:

That's mean. How could they predict Randy would be a top WR again for a winning team? :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:12 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I think a 4th rounder for Randy Moss has gone real well for the Raiders. :wink: :mrgreen:

That's mean. How could they predict Randy would be a top WR again for a winning team? :mrgreen:
Check out is career stats - http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/profile?id=MOS699912, With a H.O.F. QB and an offense from the 21st century, who couldn't have predicted it?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:43 pm
JReed23 wrote:Check out is career stats - http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/profile?id=MOS699912, With a H.O.F. QB and an offense from the 21st century, who couldn't have predicted it?

Eh, you missed the :mrgreen: at the end. It was a knock on Pawno's Raiders. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:32 pm
TMC wrote:
JReed23 wrote:Check out is career stats - http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/profile?id=MOS699912, With a H.O.F. QB and an offense from the 21st century, who couldn't have predicted it?

Eh, you missed the :mrgreen: at the end. It was a knock on Pawno's Raiders. :wink:

There's a lot of it going around lately. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:46 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:

There's a lot of it going around lately. :mrgreen:

Wonder where's pawno anyway. Can't get any sleep over the Broncos game? If it makes you feel any better, they did win for like 5 seconds until they found out what happened. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 pm
Hey, the Niners have been there, and so have the Warriors. Need I remind us of the whole Gilbert Arenas free throws ten seconds after the game was over? :evil:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:56 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hey, the Niners have been there, and so have the Warriors. Need I remind us of the whole Gilbert Arenas free throws ten seconds after the game was over? :evil:

You're telling me. The bay area is full of drama. Nothing is over 'til the whistle is blown. But in the Raiders case, a timeout. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:35 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hey, the Niners have been there, and so have the Warriors. Need I remind us of the whole Gilbert Arenas free throws ten seconds after the game was over? :evil:

You're telling me. The bay area is full of drama. Nothing is over 'til the whistle is blown. But in the Raiders case, a timeout. :wink:

Fine by me. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board