Torrents again...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:08 pm
Hey guys, Im making a Warriors club at my high school and I wanted to watch Warriors game during the meetings.

And I wanted to know which program was the best for torrents, Ive tried bittorrent and u torrent, there okay.

The site I know is davka.bt.

How long do your torrents take to download? Which program is the best? Which site is the best?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:46 pm
I use azureus. The time it takes to download depends on your connection speed

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:09 am
migya wrote:I use azureus. The time it takes to download depends on your connection speed

Yep. Azureus works like a charm. As for time to download, it depens on both your connection and the number of people sharing the game (and how old is the torrent). In any case, if you have DSL or higher, it nevers takes longer than 3-4 hours.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:52 pm
i have a pretty fast DSL connection, but the computer is slow as hell.

So it takes like 5-6 hours.

Do you guys have any torrents saved on your comp maybe you can just send to me? Rather than just download them...

Playoff games preferably....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:41 pm
d1mex wrote:i have a pretty fast DSL connection, but the computer is slow as hell.

It's not the computer speed what matters, just the connection and the number of seeders.

d1mex wrote:Do you guys have any torrents saved on your comp maybe you can just send to me? Rather than just download them...

What do you mean by torrents?. The torrent archive or the full game?

(btw, I don't have any right now, but I'll do during the season. I just delete most games after watching them)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:45 pm
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote:i have a pretty fast DSL connection, but the computer is slow as hell.

It's not the computer speed what matters, just the connection and the number of seeders.

d1mex wrote:Do you guys have any torrents saved on your comp maybe you can just send to me? Rather than just download them...

What do you mean by torrents?. The torrent archive or the full game?

(btw, I don't have any right now, but I'll do during the season. I just delete most games after watching them)

the actual games. but what websites you guys use? it seems like davka is the best
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:59 pm
d1mex wrote:the actual games. but what websites you guys use? it seems like davka is the best

Davka is the best, as it's devoted to only bball games. If you want something else or just look for other games, check this link:

http://torrents.to/

It's a site that allows you to make torrent searches in several sites. Works pretty well, and it may save you a lot of time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Do you guys have any torrents saved on your comp maybe you can just send to me? Rather than just download them...

Go to the davka site and go through the pages and you wil find the links to Warriors playoff games, as well as other playoff games. Most should still be working but likely will be slower to download since there will likely be less people offering the older games now

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Sports Board