Greg Oden out for Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:32 pm
Man this really sucks for the trailblazers, when i first heard about his knee injury i definitely didnt think it would have been this serious, im sure no one else did also. I really wanted to see oden excel this year. Looks like this upcoming season, the blazers will not make the playoffs
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:13 pm
I dont understand the article on ESPN. Says he just had cartledge damage which does not jive with having microfracture surgery.
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:28 pm
The surgery was initially exploratory, but the doctors found a lot more wrong with Oden's knee than they originally thought... and, apparently, they felt immediate microfracture surgery was necessary.

Nate McMillian said the Blazers went to bed last night thinking Oden was gonna be out for 4-6 weeks. Now the doctors are saying he'll miss the season. The Trailblazers (and the media) were just as clueless as we were.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:51 pm
OK, my knowledge of microfracture surgery was off base. I guess the surgery IS for cartlidge damage. Guess they create small fractures in surrounding bone to stimulate regrowth of cartlidge. VERY INTERESTING STUFF.

I blew out my ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL in my left knee when I was 19. Sustained extensive cartlidge damage as well. Back then, technology was not what it is today. After many surgerys I finally had a complete knee reconstruction about 10 years ago... much better except still have problem as I have practically ZERO cartlidge left in the knee so it is bone on bone which causes my knee to sweel like a softball after any sort of exercise (except swimming and non impact stuff). Anyway, maybe I will go back to my orthopedic and talk to him about this surgery. Probably would not help me at this point.... I think knee replacement in a few years is my best bet.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:27 pm
For some reason I had a feeling when they said exploratory surgery that it would be something worse. That's just what happens to blazers draft picks.

On the bright side, they'll probably get another top 5 pick next year.
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:06 pm
This is so sad. No only for NBA faans but for Oden, Oden's family, the Blazers, and the NBA.

I feel bad for Blazers fan.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:21 pm
Well look at the bright side... not our problem. :wink:

This just helps the Blazers cause to get better to be put on hold for a year without Oden. So the Warriors don't have to worry about Oden, LaMarcus, and Roy all at the same time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 am
It sucks cause he got hurt getting up off his couch. :oops:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:35 pm
JayPat wrote:It sucks cause he got hurt getting up off his couch. :oops:

Damn, just the embarasement of that would be worse for me than the fact that I have to sit out. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:05 am
badabing8888 wrote:OK, my knowledge of microfracture surgery was off base. I guess the surgery IS for cartlidge damage. Guess they create small fractures in surrounding bone to stimulate regrowth of cartlidge. VERY INTERESTING STUFF.

I blew out my ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL in my left knee when I was 19. Sustained extensive cartlidge damage as well. Back then, technology was not what it is today. After many surgerys I finally had a complete knee reconstruction about 10 years ago... much better except still have problem as I have practically ZERO cartlidge left in the knee so it is bone on bone which causes my knee to sweel like a softball after any sort of exercise (except swimming and non impact stuff). Anyway, maybe I will go back to my orthopedic and talk to him about this surgery. Probably would not help me at this point.... I think knee replacement in a few years is my best bet.

Doesnt it hurt like, all the time?
DUBBBIN’ !

Return to Sports Board