Kevin Everett

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:26 pm
Well, its a completely different line. Four years can make a huge difference in development, as well as personel.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:01 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, then, yeah. They do protect the quarterback too much.

Yeah... well, except the Raiders, you know... :mrgreen:

Not as much as David Carr suffered with the Texans. Yikes...

Damn, if I was David Carr that year, I would have killed every single one of my offensive lineman...

Just look at the line protect Matt Schaub. Funny how they protect Schaub and let Carr get run over by a bunch of cars.
Schaub is 10x the QB Carr will ever be, Matt knows when to get rid of the ball and has better pocket presence.

I disagree that the league overly protects QBs. Look at Young and Aikman, two H.O.F. QBs out due to concussions. They play the most dangerous position in virtually any sport ('cept for motor sports). They are stationary targets that everyone is trying to hit, whom isn't paying much attention.

A HB or WR that is running with the ball is looking for defenders and trying to avoid getting hit. QBs are looking down field to make a play, most of the time their best defense is to get rid of the ball within a certain amount of time. They can't be looking around them to avoid those hits. And a kicker has to get the kick off no matter what he thinks what will happen once it's away, and he is usually in a very vulnerable position.

And a late hit is a late hit, no matter what position you play. I like what the league has done protecting those who can't protect themselves - QBs and kickers.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 pm
JReed23 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, then, yeah. They do protect the quarterback too much.

Yeah... well, except the Raiders, you know... :mrgreen:

Not as much as David Carr suffered with the Texans. Yikes...

Damn, if I was David Carr that year, I would have killed every single one of my offensive lineman...

Just look at the line protect Matt Schaub. Funny how they protect Schaub and let Carr get run over by a bunch of cars.
Schaub is 10x the QB Carr will ever be, Matt knows when to get rid of the ball and has better pocket presence.

I disagree that the league overly protects QBs. Look at Young and Aikman, two H.O.F. QBs out due to concussions. They play the most dangerous position in virtually any sport ('cept for motor sports). They are stationary targets that everyone is trying to hit, whom isn't paying much attention.

A HB or WR that is running with the ball is looking for defenders and trying to avoid getting hit. QBs are looking down field to make a play, most of the time their best defense is to get rid of the ball within a certain amount of time. They can't be looking around them to avoid those hits. And a kicker has to get the kick off no matter what he thinks what will happen once it's away, and he is usually in a very vulnerable position.

And a late hit is a late hit, no matter what position you play. I like what the league has done protecting those who can't protect themselves - QBs and kickers.

Well no because dating back to last season, there were over 10+ roughing the passer penalties when it wasn't exactly roughing the passer. Justin Smith of the Bengals sacks Ben Roethslinberger and they penalize him for that. The tackle was nothing more than a simple freshman high schooler tackling. I can go on and on. That's stopped though. I haven't seen one since like Week 12 dating back last season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Sports Board