Team USA

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:49 pm
I've been catching these games on ESPN 2 the couple of past few days. The most impressive feat, however, was this insanely savage dunk that Melo dropped on the good country of Argentina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFviIfeMc7s

I can't believe how hard that dunk was. Seeing it on Youtube doesn't do it justice either - it was even better live.

But what's the deal with Argentina grabbing every USA player when they walked by the key? They played the dirtiest ball I've seen since Malone/Stockton.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:52 pm
Thunder wrote:But what's the deal with Argentina grabbing every USA player when they walked by the key? They played the dirtiest ball I've seen since Malone/Stockton.

Argentina always plays the dirtiest... whatever they're playing. It happens also in soccer and any other sport they play. Must be the culture. Anything goes as long as it's a win.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:54 pm
no matter who their opponent is, id think the arena would be packed. how could u miss the opportunity to see team usa play? its like a dunk contest, its funny how easy it looks for USA to get to the rim and all that. But yeah ive watched most of team usas games. I cant wait for the final roster cause you know some players is not gonna make the olympic squad
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:10 pm
That was the best dunk of the tournament, so far. BIG throwdown by 'Melo.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:18 pm
Viz wrote:no matter who their opponent is, id think the arena would be packed. how could u miss the opportunity to see team usa play? its like a dunk contest, its funny how easy it looks for USA to get to the rim and all that. But yeah ive watched most of team usas games. I cant wait for the final roster cause you know some players is not gonna make the olympic squad

Their final roster is playing. I think guys like Chandler and Deron Williams may get cut from the olympic squad. But there's always room to keep them. Besides, if Chris Bosh does decide to come back, all we lose is Chandler. I'm fine with that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:18 pm
Yeah, Bosh would be a much better choice than Chandler . . . even though Chandler spiked the hell out of that one 5'8 Uraguaian PGs shot. That was once of the most mean spirited blocks I've ever seen.

I'd rather keep Deron over Billups though. He is more of a passer and eventually he is going to replace Kidd on the national team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:44 pm
That was a sick dunk! That team looks unbeatable and it is about time that the U.S. team gets back to being mighty

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Sports Board