49ers expectations

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How many wins do you expect out of the 49ers this year?

12 or more
No votes
10 to 11
43%
8 to 9
57%
7 or less
No votes

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
They do have a good defense, and that's what scares me about them this year. They are going to be good on defense for a while, but their offense is just.. uhh... old.

I think that you guys need to start planning for the future. I really dont think that Seneca Wallace is the future for you guys. Are you high on him? You also need to get a backup running back to spell Alexander for this year, and maybe take over in a couple years.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:43 pm
No, Seneca is NOT the answer. They really need to convert him to a WR. He could be dynamic there... he is just too short to play QB in the league. So sick of seeing balls batted down at the LOS.

I would think they HAVE to draft a tailback next year in the draft. They have nodoby on the roster that is the future at that position.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:34 pm
The '9ers need a pass rusher. Bryant Young is getting up in age, and our LB cant do everything out there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:05 pm
badabing8888 wrote:No, Seneca is NOT the answer. They really need to convert him to a WR. He could be dynamic there... he is just too short to play QB in the league. So sick of seeing balls batted down at the LOS.

I would think they HAVE to draft a tailback next year in the draft. They have nodoby on the roster that is the future at that position.

I remember there was this one play where they put Seneca at WR and he made this siick catch. Hasselbeck needs a real backup. Wallace is a speedster/deep threat if he played WR.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:52 am
There are rumors the Hawks are close to trading for Brunell. Not sure how much Brunell has left in the tank but if him holding the clipboard gives Holmgren the confidence to use Wallace as a WR then I am all for it.

Well, I think my 11-5 prediction is out the window. Appears that defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs has suffered a severe knee injury. Over the past 2 seasons, it is NIGHT and DAY the difference in their run defense when Tubbs in is there and when he isn't. THis is really a HUGE loss for this team.

Brandon Mebane, the rookie out of Cal, will now have to play right away and contribute. Frank Gore is going to run wild against us!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:21 am
badabing8888 wrote:There are rumors the Hawks are close to trading for Brunell. Not sure how much Brunell has left in the tank

That's easy. Nothing. You better pray he doesn't have to play.

badabing8888 wrote:Well, I think my 11-5 prediction is out the window. Appears that defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs has suffered a severe knee injury. Over the past 2 seasons, it is NIGHT and DAY the difference in their run defense when Tubbs in is there and when he isn't. THis is really a HUGE loss for this team.

Shouldn't surprise you. Tubbs is always injured... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 am
badabing8888 wrote:Frank Gore is going to run wild against us!

You mean, more than the 212 yards he got last year? :wink:

Seriously though, when a star goes down, it screws up your season. Thats terrible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:44 am
badabing8888 wrote:There are rumors the Hawks are close to trading for Brunell. Not sure how much Brunell has left in the tank but if him holding the clipboard gives Holmgren the confidence to use Wallace as a WR then I am all for it.

Brunell is terrible. He is old, cant move, and has a hard time throwing, it seems like. He is a step up from Wallace, but he better not play, or you guys will be screwed.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:46 am
No, not suprised .... just dissapointed. Tubbs seems like a really good kid and he was so excited to get back on the field after microfracture surgery last year.

Seems like his career might could be in jeopardy.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:04 am
badabing8888 wrote:No, not suprised .... just dissapointed. Tubbs seems like a really good kid and he was so excited to get back on the field after microfracture surgery last year.

Seems like his career might could be in jeopardy.

Yeah, I also liked him... the few times I saw him play. It's a shame he's always picking up injuries.

But it doesn't have to be like this every year. Look at Joey Galloway. He was injured every year with Dallas, and he's been healthy since his trade to Tampa. There's always hope for those guys.
Previous

Return to Sports Board