Vick to plead guilty

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 am
Viz wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The thing that makes me mad about Vick was that he doesnt seem to care. He doesnt seem to realize just how big this was. He thought that this was a big joke, and that he would be able to get out of it with a slap on the wrist, mainly because he has been such a huge name, no one would do anything. Remember when Randy Moss pretended to moon those Packers fans? Is it much of a difference than when Vick flipped off the Falcon fans? Vick didnt get in trouble, while Moss did. It shows us that the league wants the money that Vick brings in just by being Vick than doing the right thing.

Vick hasnt really apologized.... He doesnt seem to care what he did....

now that you mention it your right... IMO what vick did to the falcons was way more vulgar. Moss just did the act of pretending to moon, it wasnt that much of a big deal to me. But once you start actually sticking the middle finger up, to your very own fans, what does that say? Im just waiting for the final answer on this whole situation

It will be an interesting couple of years, that's for sure. One more thing about Vick. Flipping off your own fans is terrible. You think about all the good players who are trouble makers, and they have never done anything directed to the fans in game, other than Moss. Terrell Owens has never done anything to fans, Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, never. He is in a league of his own.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:29 am
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Of course it can happen and I believe it SHOULD happen. A ban from the NFL does not make him lose his line of work. The NFL is a private entity in an idustry of Football. There are other leagues such as the CFL, Arena League, etc. There are semi-pro football leagues all across the country. He would be free to seek employment in the game of football, just not the NFL.

They have the right not to employ confited felons. Just like how in job applications you are asked whether you have been convicted of a felony. This is a guy who participated in cruel and barbaric practices. A guy who was involved with executing and murdering living creatures. A guy who has participated in illegal gambling activities. The NFL has EVERY right to never let a guy like this participate in their league again. Not saying they WILL do it, but they certainly COULD and I would support that decision 100%.

It is a PRIVELIDGE to play in that league and the sooner athletes realize that, the better.

Ok, then the problem is that things don't work like that here. You just cannot reject someone for being an ex-convict. Of course it happens, but employers have to be a bit more... "creative" with their reasons to reject them. They have their right to work, after all, and you just can't deny it because you don't like the guy or what he has done. Of course, we're talking about jobs unrelated to the transgression.

Please, keep in mind that I'm not saying he should be forgiven. Actually, I hope he gets a harsh punishment for what he did. I'm just saying that, from a legal point of view, it's doubtful that he can be permanently banned, even if it's a private entity.

The problem here is that that private entity is the only one that can employ him at the highest level, which makes it tricky. It's not the same as being fired from a firm knowing there are lots of other similar firms out there that might hire you (or not).

Yeah, that is the thing, in my mind, he lost the RIGHT to play at the highest level. He is not ENTITLED to play in the NFL. He commited HORRENDOUS acts of brutality, not to mention gambling which is viewed as one of the biggest no-no's to sports leagues. Then on top of that, he lied to the Commisioner's face about his involvment. I think they have a pretty good case to banish him for life from the league.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:32 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Of course it can happen and I believe it SHOULD happen. A ban from the NFL does not make him lose his line of work. The NFL is a private entity in an idustry of Football. There are other leagues such as the CFL, Arena League, etc. There are semi-pro football leagues all across the country. He would be free to seek employment in the game of football, just not the NFL.

They have the right not to employ confited felons. Just like how in job applications you are asked whether you have been convicted of a felony. This is a guy who participated in cruel and barbaric practices. A guy who was involved with executing and murdering living creatures. A guy who has participated in illegal gambling activities. The NFL has EVERY right to never let a guy like this participate in their league again. Not saying they WILL do it, but they certainly COULD and I would support that decision 100%.

It is a PRIVELIDGE to play in that league and the sooner athletes realize that, the better.

Ok, then the problem is that things don't work like that here. You just cannot reject someone for being an ex-convict. Of course it happens, but employers have to be a bit more... "creative" with their reasons to reject them. They have their right to work, after all, and you just can't deny it because you don't like the guy or what he has done. Of course, we're talking about jobs unrelated to the transgression.

Please, keep in mind that I'm not saying he should be forgiven. Actually, I hope he gets a harsh punishment for what he did. I'm just saying that, from a legal point of view, it's doubtful that he can be permanently banned, even if it's a private entity.

The problem here is that that private entity is the only one that can employ him at the highest level, which makes it tricky. It's not the same as being fired from a firm knowing there are lots of other similar firms out there that might hire you (or not).

Yeah, that is the thing, in my mind, he lost the RIGHT to play at the highest level. He is not ENTITLED to play in the NFL. He commited HORRENDOUS acts of brutality, not to mention gambling which is viewed as one of the biggest no-no's to sports leagues. Then on top of that, he lied to the Commisioner's face about his involvment. I think they have a pretty good case to banish him for life from the league.

That's my point also. The NFL does not need Michael Vick. They have every reason why not to bring him back. He's going to get a low base salary if he makes a team. Teams will not sign him, he'll have to make it on their on his own. He's gone from top dog to good for nothing nobody. Teams may give him a shot depending on how they view the whole "Everyone deserves a second chance in life" theory. But when it's all said and done, Vick is no longer a superstar. He's gone from superstar to half a star... heck, even lower.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:34 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:

That's my point also. The NFL does not need Michael Vick. They have every reason why not to bring him back. He's going to get a low base salary if he makes a team. Teams will not sign him, he'll have to make it on their on his own. He's gone from top dog to good for nothing nobody. Teams may give him a shot depending on how they view the whole "Everyone deserves a second chance in life" theory. But when it's all said and done, Vick is no longer a superstar. He's gone from superstar to half a star... heck, even lower.

Top dog. Hehe. Pun. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Top dog. Hehe. Pun. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Maybe I should've said he went from top dog to a dog that he's already killed. :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:03 pm
looks like the falcons will be drafting for a QB for sure next year, but now Horn will have no Qb to throw to him, Dunn and Crumpler wont be as effective. All defense's have to do is zero in on Dunn
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 pm
Viz wrote:looks like the falcons will be drafting for a QB for sure next year, but now Horn will have no Qb to throw to him, Dunn and Crumpler wont be as effective. All defense's have to do is zero in on Dunn

They'll always have Joey Harrington. Wow, that sounded scary. What a terrible option. It's going to be a long season for Falcon fans. Petrino, looks like you may have Brian Brohm as your QB once again.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:10 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
Viz wrote:looks like the falcons will be drafting for a QB for sure next year, but now Horn will have no Qb to throw to him, Dunn and Crumpler wont be as effective. All defense's have to do is zero in on Dunn

They'll always have Joey Harrington. Wow, that sounded scary. What a terrible option. It's going to be a long season for Falcon fans. Petrino, looks like you may have Brian Brohm as your QB once again.

exactly, do you how scared i would be if i was a fan of any team and the teams main option is to go to Joey Harrington. You should already know that right off the back that your franchise is doomed HAHAHA
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:10 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

They'll always have Joey Harrington.

I'm not going to say anything to that. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

They'll always have Joey Harrington.

I'm not going to say anything to that. :mrgreen:

I'll do.

As a Bucs fan... WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Image Image Image Image Image

There's no way Atlanta can win without Vick. The defense ain't bad, but the offense relied on him way too much. The absence of Vick means that Dunn and Norwood won't have an easy time finding holes, and Harrington doesn't look like the answer in the passing game.

It's gonna be a long season for them. I'd say... 4-12 is a likely record at this point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:37 am
Maybe not even 4-12. Harrington is terrible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:27 pm
Yeah, I can see even lower because there are really no weapons on this offense. Without Vick, there goes the scrambles. All they have to do is concentrate of Crumpler during the pass and Norwood or Dunn during the run. It's pretty simple as that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:33 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, I can see even lower because there are really no weapons on this offense. Without Vick, there goes the scrambles. All they have to do is concentrate of Crumpler during the pass and Norwood or Dunn during the run. It's pretty simple as that.

I've just checked their schedule. They have an easy game against... Houston (not that easy, in fact). And that's their easiest rival (as I don't count the Bucs as easy. There's a rivalry, after all).

I'm willing to change my bet to 2-14.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, I can see even lower because there are really no weapons on this offense. Without Vick, there goes the scrambles. All they have to do is concentrate of Crumpler during the pass and Norwood or Dunn during the run. It's pretty simple as that.

I've just checked their schedule. They have an easy game against... Houston (not that easy, in fact). And that's their easiest rival (as I don't count the Bucs as easy. There's a rivalry, after all).

I'm willing to change my bet to 2-14.

And then Petrino gets Brian Brohm as his QB in next years draft.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:43 pm
Rumor has it that Atlanta is thinking about trading for Jamarcus Russell.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board