BONDS 756

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:21 pm
Im sure everyone already knows by now.. but just want to give bonds recognition here on the board. GO GIANTS AND GO BONDS
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:24 pm
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mmmm... the spamming of praising. GO BARRY. We love Barry, he's apart of our family also. :headbang:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:35 pm
Sports' greatest record is broken, and there is relative apathy about it. Shows what bad PR can do to a guy. I think people would forgive him for juicing if he wasn't one of the biggest douchebags on the planet.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:40 pm
I think that more people would like him if the media wouldnt make him look like the second coming of hitler....

I know he is an ass, but he doesnt deserve this...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:04 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Sports' greatest record is broken, and there is relative apathy about it. Shows what bad PR can do to a guy. I think people would forgive him for juicing if he wasn't one of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

Perfectly said pestilence.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Sports' greatest record is broken, and there is relative apathy about it. Shows what bad PR can do to a guy. I think people would forgive him for juicing if he wasn't one of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

Very true. Though it's not entirely his fault... the media is on his ass 24/7 freakin' hounding him making him look like America's Most Hated Athlete. It's just terrible. That's why I've turned down every interview with anything that's related to the media because I know they're just going to do their best to create some type of image of me that I may not like may it be positive or negative because there are huge flaws either way.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 am
He may not be at the level of a michael vick in terms of being a jerk, but he is a pretty big asshole.

- Beats his wife
- Has a mistress...whom he also beats
- Was voted off his team in college because they all disliked him
- Consistently has refused to sign autographs for white people
- For the longest time had an entire half of the locker room to himself, with far most stuff in it than the rest of the players combined.
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:11 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:He may not be at the level of a michael vick in terms of being a jerk, but he is a pretty big asshole.

- Beats his wife
- Has a mistress...whom he also beats
- Was voted off his team in college because they all disliked him
- Consistently has refused to sign autographs for white people
- For the longest time had an entire half of the locker room to himself, with far most stuff in it than the rest of the players combined.

Hold up one second, since when did he beat his wife? or a Mistress?
he refuses to sign autographs to everybody, even african americans so it aint like hes a racist, and he ONLY has 3 lockers its not that big a deal :mrgreen: besidessss and either way, if your gonna accuse him of that, please dont call him nicer than Vick, cuz Vick is really getting to much crap for beating on some dogs, i mean in my book, beating your wife is more messed up that fighting dogs, and for all the other horrible things that people in professional sports and around the world do, i think Vick is getting attacked way harder than most people should be, its rediculously hipocritical. Im not for dog-fighting, but go attack the people who dererve it 1st.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:14 am
I think its absolutely hillarious how much the media can shape a nation's view on one particular person. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 pm
32 wrote:I think its absolutely hillarious how much the media can shape a nation's view on one particular person. :mrgreen:

Agreed 32 but not in relation to Bonds. What else to we have to go by? The guy shuts everyone out and never gives any glimpse into who he is as a person. We can only go by his actions and the limited times he does talk.

He certainly is not obligated to reach out and let people know more about him, but until he does, nobody including him can be suprised how the nation as a whole feels about him.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:55 pm
I disagree. I've followed Barry for the 20 years he's been a Giant. I agree, the man enjoys his privacy (unlike most sports Gods), but, really, you can't accuse him of being an asshole because of it. Bonds on Bonds, Kruk & Kipe's recent interview with Barry, along with Bonds' various teammates (minus Jeff Kent) who adore him are proof enough for me. I'll take it from his teammates before I listen to what the media has to say about him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:57 pm
Just because someone is quiet and doesnt let you in his personal life doesnt mean he is an asshole. Joe Montana is never anywhere. He is the most private athlete in sports. Is he an ass?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:09 pm
Precisely.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 pm
Oh man, funny how your rationalize behavior when a guy plays for your team.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm
I think the same thing about McGwire and Sosa. I dont care that Bonds is on the Giants. I have grown up being taught until you are PROVEN guilty. Not when everyone, even the commissioner, THINKS that you are.
Next

Return to Sports Board