Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you happy that Barry hit it?

Yeah, he is an awesome player who deserves it.
90%
No, he is a juicer and needs an asterick.
10%

Total votes : 10

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:12 pm
I personally love him and until he is proven guilty, go Barry.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:17 pm
Yes. I hope he gets a day off tommarow so he can break it at home. :)

He never used knowingly used steroids or never used it at all because he never tested positive for steroids.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 pm
I think there is no question he took steroids, he admitted to it in court, however he did not knowingly he says.

My take on it is that Barry has played in the steroids era. It is unfortunate that Barry was so good before he took steroids because he is bearing all the brunt of criticism because he is so good. The whole blame should go on Bud Selig for not stopping this in 1998 when McGwire and Sosa were busy with their home run chase. Bud was only interested in making money and recovering from the strike, now he has to sit back and watch as the greatest record is taken over by a cheater. I don't blame Barry Bonds for doing what he did, he is still one of the best players to live who took a substance that almost everyone else was taking, can you blame him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:43 pm
He wont play tomorrow, they openly said that he isnt. I hope that he gets a single or something every time for the rest of the night. Hit it at home Barry. Come back fresh for the next series. :)

Personally, I think that Bud Selig is an ass. He blames Bonds for this whole thing, while we all know that Bonds is not the only one. I think we can look at a certain pitcher who is still pitching into his 40s and has 350 wins just as much as we can look at Bonds. Selig has sat their like a rock doing nothing while this whole thing has played out. Dont tell me that Bud cant do anything about it. He is the damn commissioner. I dont hate many people, but I hate Bud Selig.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:29 pm
First off... congrats to the great Barry Bonds :D

Break it at home whether we win or lose. Barry's the best, leave it at that. And oh yeah.. Selig is terrible. Every commish in today's sports are terrible. Goodell to Stern to Selig. Either way, all are dumbasses. Pardon my French.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 pm
:shock: We actually agree on something??? :shock:

:wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: We actually agree on something??? :shock:

:shock: I think we just did!

Either way... No. 756 coming to a bay area near you!

Interesting... I just read up on yahoo that Barry could consider to play in Japan next year because their home run record there is 786 or somewhere around there. Doubt it... he's playing for SF or OAK next season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:48 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: We actually agree on something??? :shock:

:shock: I think we just did!

Either way... No. 756 coming to a bay area near you!

Interesting... I just read up on yahoo that Barry could consider to play in Japan next year because their home run record there is 786 or somewhere around there. Doubt it... he's playing for SF or OAK next season.

:shock: That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my life. Barry wants attention, and he wont get it in Japan. He will be playing either in Oakland, Los Angeles, or Detroit. Most likely LA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:58 am
All hail King Barry. :D

The greatest baseball player of all-time finally has his sport's most coveted record. Now, all he needs is one more to push Hammerin' Hank outta the picture!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Sports Board