San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm
I don't think that is big of a deal. After the cuts are made there will probably be some more pretty decent QBs to be picked.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 pm
McKown is terrible. But so is donte Culpepper.

Culpepper is this million dollar mystery. I mean what happen to this guy that made him from MVP to suddenly forgetting how to play the position. I saw him in Sacramento while he played in the UFL. He sucked. Not even good. Just sad to see where he was to what he is.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:35 pm
Being separated from Moss and Chris Carter in a pass happy offense happened to him. People used to taalk about him being one of the best QBs, but I never saw it - he was just good with the deep throws and had Chris Carter to make his horrible short-medium passes look good.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:37 am
I think that Jeremiah Masoli has a lot of potential. I would love to see him stay with the team, and see if he can develop into a good quarterback. He was picked as an UDFA, to play a RB, but they quickly realized that he has enough potential to be a QB even in the NFL. So I'm curious if something can come out of it.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm
Masoli probably lands on the practice squad. They looked a lot better last night. Aside from Alex not seeing the one DE drop back in coverage and throwing the pick, he played pretty well. Kendall Hunter is awesome, I think he is going to be the #2 back.

Kaepernick didn't get a chance to show much last night, but I still think he is going to be a stud. He was the guy I wanted them to draft since December and am fired up we have him.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:54 pm
I know, it would be good if we could keep him on practice squad, he can turnout to be ok QB, even though he's short.

And we favored a run last night, and it was going really good, so that's why Kaep didn't have a lot of chance. Overall, a lot play than against the Saints, especially OL.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:31 pm
I liked the commitment to the run game last night, except for that stupid call to run on 3rd and goal on the 5 - brought back back memories for previous seasons.

I'm pleased with how Alex and or offensive line looked, major improvement over last week.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm
it sucks being the only mod who goes for the raiders... at least I have Pawno!

Anyways, I think the Raiders Secondary is atrocious. So far, they are being exploited by other teams. Routt isn't seeing the ball thrown his way, and Smith picked on the rookie Van Dyke the entire time. Even W. McFadden looked real slow. My point is, i dunno if it was that smith played better, or that the Raiders secondary is that awful.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:19 pm
JREED wrote:I liked the commitment to the run game last night, except for that stupid call to run on 3rd and goal on the 5 - brought back back memories for previous seasons.

I'm pleased with how Alex and or offensive line looked, major improvement over last week.

Part of me was wondering if they were saving the red zone game plan for the regular season. They were inside the 10 twice, positions screaming for a fade to Braylon, and then just kept running the ball. I can't imagine that same play calling during the regular season.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:32 pm
Yeah Niners deserved that... it was disappointing to read the headline on espn that says Alex Smith leads Victory over Raiders' that clearly was not the case... the Matt Shaunaessy Interception wass just horrendous By Alex. I think Kaepernick is starting by week 6
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 pm
hobbes wrote:
JREED wrote:I liked the commitment to the run game last night, except for that stupid call to run on 3rd and goal on the 5 - brought back back memories for previous seasons.

Part of me was wondering if they were saving the red zone game plan for the regular season. They were inside the 10 twice, positions screaming for a fade to Braylon, and then just kept running the ball. I can't imagine that same play calling during the regular season.

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, Smith was second in all of the league when it comes to pass rating in the red zone, he had 9 TDs and 0 INTs, and we didn't let him try to pass it even once. I doubt that they would try to run it that many times in a real game, without even one pass attempt.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:41 pm
they probably ran it in the redzone cause coaches do what wsorks best... When your moving the chains on the raiders via a running game... why Stop?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:42 pm
PAWNO wrote:Yeah Niners deserved that... it was disappointing to read the headline on espn that says Alex Smith leads Victory over Raiders' that clearly was not the case... the Matt Shaunaessy Interception wass just horrendous By Alex. I think Kaepernick is starting by week 6

That was the only mistake Alex made all night. WRs (and TEs) had 4 or more drops during the game, with those balls caught he would have looked really impressive. And I think it was a timing pass and he fired it when he should, just didn't see in time that Shaughnessy dropped back into coverage. You can't say he had a bad game, far from it.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:51 pm
PAWNO wrote:they probably ran it in the redzone cause coaches do what wsorks best... When your moving the chains on the raiders via a running game... why Stop?

Because you tried it 5 times in the RZ before, and it didn't work...and you didn't try to pass it even once, and you have a QB who was great at that segment last season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm
Guybrush wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Yeah Niners deserved that... it was disappointing to read the headline on espn that says Alex Smith leads Victory over Raiders' that clearly was not the case... the Matt Shaunaessy Interception wass just horrendous By Alex. I think Kaepernick is starting by week 6

That was the only mistake Alex made all night. WRs (and TEs) had 4 or more drops during the game, with those balls caught he would have looked really impressive. And I think it was a timing pass and he fired it when he should, just didn't see in time that Shaughnessy dropped back into coverage. You can't say he had a bad game, far from it.

yeah but the espn headline shouldnt have made it out he lead the victory over the raiders..

He didnt score any points on us.

I dont think he will be a improved quarterback... More that he has a better wide reciever in Edwards being a playmaker... That one handed catch he had was ssssiiiicccckkkk.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board