Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 pm
adam sheftler is an idiot.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:adam sheftler is an idiot.

I use to have similar feelings bro when he worked for the Denver Post (he use to be a raider hater)

but now he's in the national spotlight working for ESPN. He's always been supportive of the AFC WEST.

Just because Al Davis hates Schefter doesn't mean **** to me... I've grown to like Schefter. Cool guy (He has hit me back a couple of times on twitter with direct messages)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 pm
I have to agree with Mr. C on this. I got a feeling that few times he reported what he wanted to happen, not what he really thought is going to happen. Like Harbaugh going to Michigan, which is probably what he wanted, after that he kind of got pissed on Harbaugh, when he was sure that's not going to happen.

So, yeah, he is kind of an idiot. He pretty much gets paid to write what he wants, very little there are true insider's infos from his part.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 pm
Guybrush wrote:I have to agree with Mr. C on this. I got a feeling that few times he reported what he wanted to happen, not what he really thought is going to happen. Like Harbaugh going to Michigan, which is probably what he wanted, after that he kind of got pissed on Harbaugh, when he was sure that's not going to happen.

So, yeah, he is kind of an idiot. He pretty much gets paid to write what he wants, very little there are true insider's infos from his part.

That's not true about Schefter reporting Harbaugh to Michigan.

I heard the podcast when that story broke & Schefter said "Smart People believe money is on him going to Michigan" some idiot clown then reported it was a done deal.

Harbaugh has every right to entertain offers. Don't blame Scheft on the Miami thing because Scheft re-tweeted Mortreport who said that "Miami looks like a lock"

In the days where there's multipe sources and retweeting, it's hard not to get caught up in this life of true insiders info.

& btw Adam Schefter is company man no.2 only behind John Clayton (old dude will die one day)
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm
The Harbaugh deal has been done since Wednesday, he heard everyone's offers out of respect. Plus $15 million is a lot to leave on the table. I'm just happy its over, I can stop checking my phone every 10 minutes!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 pm
JREED wrote:The Harbaugh deal has been done since Wednesday, he heard everyone's offers out of respect. Plus $15 million is a lot to leave on the table. I'm just happy its over, I can stop checking my phone every 10 minutes!

I can't...

Al Davis will most likely string out Hue Jackson til mid-may or June 8)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:43 am
Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am
well, Harbaugh never wanted to go Michigan. He was pissed at michigan when they snubbed him in 2002 when he asked to be their QB's coach. A QB's coach for pete sake. SO, Harbaugh went to oakland for a couple seasons, before he went to the University of San Diego and then Stanford.

Michigan NOW sure wanted him but Harbaugh had no interested. He was way more willing to stay at stanford then living in Michigan. Thus the reason why no other football team had any chance of signing him but the 49ers. He wasn't moving.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:17 pm
theres a report on pft that harbaugh is excited to work with alex smith this offseaon... Thoughts?

I think it could be a good thing. harbaugh wants to run the WC offense and we all saw alex shine under a compotent Norv turner. I have a feeling that the reason his sucked lately is due to singletary being a xlown and not having a lick of offensive guru football.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:39 pm
I still like Alex, and I was of an opinion that he could shine in a good system with normal playcalls. And he got Sing and Jimmy Raye. They've put him in a situation where he needs to complete 3rd and longs all of the time. Rubbish.

I'd like him more than McNabb or Hasselbeck, I don't even wanna mention Kolb. And he isn't that awful (Smith) as people like to make it look. Just check his stats, two seasons in a row with over 80 QB rating in this team is great if you ask me.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 pm
I've heard a lot of speculation surrounding whether Alex will be returning or not - most say he won't be. If what you say is true pawno, it sound like he might not be out the door just yet. Which I think, is good news considering our options right now. There is plenty of Alex hate out there and I used to contribute to it until the 09 season when he looked pretty good. I've said it before, Alex is not the reason why lost these games, infact he was the only reason why we were in many of them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 pm
Wow Harbaugh keeps talking up Alex Smith for that starting QB spot... I wonder if the Niners think they can get him on the cheap?

I reckon they'd be better off bringing in a proven vetran... All indications are that McNabb will get cut (cause you can't trade him during the draft... & the Redskins will probably be in the Cam Newton sweepstakes)...

The Niners could probably force a trade with the Eagles, I'm sure they 49'ers got some draft picks they can work with.

But the Niners biggest priority should be to see if they can wedge themselves into the Nnamdi sweepstakes... I'm sure Nnamdi could bite at the prospects of joining a serious contender considering how bad the rest of the QB's are in the NFC WEST, He'd be licking his chops going up against Sam Bradford, Matt Hasselbeck & JP Skelton.

I'm hoping Nnamdi comes back to my raiders... But the Yorks have a way of paying over the hill Cornerbacks.. just look at Nate Clements contract!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:43 am
First thing, I don't believe any of these so called "proven veterans" have done anything recently for anyone to think they can be a sure fix, even for a short time.

Let's take that McNabb for example, Reid knew he's gonna start declining so he even allowed a move to a division rival. And guess what, he was right to do so, cause that same proven veteran got benched for Rex Grossman!

Palmer is not going anywhere, and Orton had a an average season considering that he played for a good offensive team, and even then, his numbers were inflated in the garbage time, and Denver did got blown out in quite a few games.

And Kolb in the end. This one just boggles my mind. How in the god's name can anyone say that he's a proven...well, anything? He was a starter for a few games, got injured, and even during all of the games he played, he never showed anything so special, that anyone should seriously think about giving their 1st round pick for this guy. I mean, the guy is surrounded with great offensive players, solid OL, fantastic receivers, etc., and he played close to Alex Smith. Hack, I'd say that Alex Smith is a better player than him, but let's just throw him under a bus, cause god knows that majority of fans believe Alex is the only one to blame for team's awful seasons in the past. Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he had terrible surrounding cast for the first few seasons here, and I don't even want to mention the names of two idiotic HCs he had to work with, who didn't have a clue what they wanted their team to look like in the first place. And, of course, that unknown number of OCs he had to work with is also not so helping.

So, basically, I'm saying that (if we put all of the past aside) during the last season, Alex Smith showed to me more than Kevin Kolb did. And he did that with a team who didn't have good playcalling (if we had any to begin with), and not so great players around him, unlike Kolb. And he still managed to put some better numbers. And yet, all I can hear is that people would even give 1st or 2nd round pick for him, but don't want Smith anywhere near San Francisco. I sometimes wonder does anyone actually watch the games, and take I wider picture into consideration, or they just look for a scapegoat.

And when it comes to 49ers overpaying CBs, it was only Clements. And when they gave him the money, he was one of the best CBs in the league, unfortunately, he regressed. It's not like they did that a million of times lately.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 am
Actually, guybrush, i think Palmer is a sure bet that he is gone. He clearly wants out (based on his statements) and I am sure the team will grant him his wish.

I think the niners would be smart to draft a QB in the first or second rounds and maybe bring in Alex Smith for another year (probably at a low price). Because the team needs a young QB, and if you go after a Vet like McNabb or Palmer, the media will always question them about every move (and wondering when the rookie QB will be coming to replace them). If you have Alex Smith, its not as harsh. I think with another year with that O-line, smith will be a decent option until a young rookie qb will have time to emerge.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm
Well Harbaugh is already failing in my eyes as a coach for wanting to work with Alex...

Alex isn't a very emotionally strong guy... He's been boo'ed about the same amount as Jamarcus Russell was here.(& like you, i don't think it's entirely his fault) There's no Gaurentee that the Niners will dominate there division with the questionmarks at QB (But i guess Harbaugh wants to show his worth the 5 million & go fdown this road)

If I was Harbaugh, I'd cut Alex and wish him the best... there's no need to risk crushing his emotional state even further... All it will take is one interception in the 1st game of the year for the fans too turn back on him (he might come out and put up a great game... & well thats a different story)

all i'm saying is with a proven vetran, you'll get a guy who has a little bit more IQ then Smith KOLB,MCBNABB,PALMER>ALEX SMITH who will probably understand Harbaughs mentality a bit better & will have more rope on the proverbial fan booing noose if things head south & soon.

I got to say Alex can be a fantastic QB when the team is ahead on the scoreboard... if it's 2 downs of handing off to Frank Gore and then trying to complete a 3 or 4 yard 3rd down.. well he can do that. But expecting him in the Singletary/Nolan era to take you back from a 10-14 point defeciet when youve only got 7 minutes on the clock... it can be a big task for Alex Smith.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board