San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Guybrush wrote:Snow games are the best...love that ish.

Unfortunately no snow game tomorrow in Seattle.

But It will still be a tough 12th man game the Niners have come to expect.

» Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:56 am
OK, now that the regular season is over, JR, still believe that Kap is the "Golden boy"?

On a serious note, I do believe 49ers would have 6 titles, if Harbaugh played Ales through that whole season. He was playing at an incredibly good rate. Oh, well...let's go, Blaine!

Site Admin
» Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:12 pm
Guybrush wrote:OK, now that the regular season is over, JR, still believe that Kap is the "Golden boy"?

On a serious note, I do believe 49ers would have 6 titles, if Harbaugh played Ales through that whole season. He was playing at an incredibly good rate. Oh, well...let's go, Blaine!

Not sure if I ever hyped him to "Golden Boy" status, but I was happy to hear we wanted him to stay, and disappointed to hear might not want to. Alex is a good QB, but he also has a superior offense in virtually every aspect. I still think Kaep's ceiling is significantly higher, but I'd only give him 1 more season to prove he can be a franchise QB.

If we can keep him, it looks like he'll have a good opportunity to answer a lot of those questions this season since it appears like Anthony Davis is returning, i imagine we'll draft oline, and any system is better than the ones we've had for the past several years - let alone a likely more humbled Chip Kelly offense.

I think you, fans with the same opinion of Kaep, and the media have all way overreacted to his performance last season. Almost as bad as the overreaction of Gabbert's apparent success - you can't look at the play calling he got vs Kaep's and think they're the same, just as i bet Colin was salivating over the Falcons' league-low pass rush and fuming thats when they benched him. Then we find out he was hurt the whole time, due to being a tackling dummy for 2 seasons thanks to our turnstile o-line and high school level playbook? I'm not making excuses either, it's simply fact that Gabbert did not play under the same conditions, and when he did, he performed just as bad.

Honestly, I'm once again disgusted by our fan base (FO too but that's another topic), and almost embarrassed to call myself one of the Faithful. Yet again we boo another QB that happens to be our best option, showing that we're far removed from the days in which we were considered one of the most knowledgeable fan bases.

There's a lot of similarities to Alex's situation when Harbs was hired to Kaep and Chip. Not only do the fans hate him and want his replacement, meanwhile all the coaches interviewing for the job demanded he stay. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the professionals on this one, you know, the guys that watch more tape on every player in a week, than we do football in our lifetimes.

One thing is clear, Gabbert is not the answer, and there aren't any other options that look much better. It's going to suck watching the same fans that wanted to run Alex out of town, then saw him perform far better elsewhere, have dejavu when Kaep is winning games in a different uni.

Franchise Player
» Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:24 am
I like the chances of Chip Kelly being able to salvage Colin Kaepernicks career.

Don't know if it will happen but I think Colin is an idiot asking for a trade. He should embrace the ultimate guru when it comes to high tempo west coast offense.

» Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:58 pm
He was a Hot hand, as Jim called him, and even then, he had a bit worse stats than Alex. He took the league by surprise, it took them a while to adjust, and now they did.

You're making him the player he was at his highest, he had that luck to jump in to a well tuned machinery. Now you're seeing him for what he is, when all things have settled.
And I don't think that KC had a better offense when Colin had Torrey, Boldin, Gore, Davis, Hunter...etc. Not to mention OL which all curse, yet names that we had that season are far better than what KC could put on the field.
But, let's not beat on a dead horse. Chip probably wanted a rookie, or is going to go with Blaine, cause he is more cerebral QB...or at the very least, he'd have them compete, and Kap probably thinks he shouldn't compete, hence the transfer request. It's definitely not for no reason.

Gabbert is not the answer, but he was better player last season, and a bit better player that costs a lot less is definitely a good option to keep, maybe Chip thinks he can run his offense well.

We're all quessing here, but let's cheer on for a guy who will take the reign...no matter for how long. This season is definitely gonna be rough for us.